Super Whey Protein Shot

By: Body Fortress

Super Whey Protein Shot is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Body Fortress. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Does Super Whey Protein Shot work?
venom434
  December 1, 2011

my experience with this product is fairly short only lasting 6 days. i'm always willing to give something a try before i write it off as a not so good product. soon after purchasing this i then realized how much this would cost me to take for one month and i opted not to go that route.

Ingredients per vial: 120 calories, 95mg sodium, 0g fat, 0g carbs, 0g sugar and 26g protein.

nothing fancy here, although i thought they could've at least added a few carbs, maybe even 5-8g or so. protein sources include Hydrolyzed Collagenic Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Casein Protein Isolate. i also didn't like that they don't list the BCAA amount.

Effectiveness: took one post workout and one upon waking on rest days, it's okay if you need a quick source of protein and want to opt for something other than a shake/bar. i feel as though a few carbs would've make it a little better choice to take post-workout. i was off of all supplements for two weeks and when taking this i didn't notice any enhanced recovery. didn't make me nauseous, sat fairly easy on the stomach as well. maybe i could've had better results if i would've taken it longer? who knows.

Taste/Texture: fruit punch flavor is what i had. while the taste isn't horrible but tolerable, it was pretty tart with a funky after taste. the texture wasn't really thin or thick, for some reason it reminded me of liquid jell-o if that makes any sense? easy to slam down within a few seconds, no sipping or chugging necessary.

Value: i got 6 vials at Walmart for $10 which is actually a little cheaper than BB.com. but if you want to run this for a month you're looking to spend $50 and at that price for what you're getting it's not worth it.

Overall: i don't want to write this off completely as a bad product because i could've taken it longer to see if the results were better, but as i stated before i opted not to due to the price. ingredient profile isn't anything special, but if you're willing to drop $50 on this for a month go ahead and give it a shot. maybe you'll like it, i wasn't impressed..
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Use
  • Funky Taste
  • Odd Texture
  • Non-impressive Ingredient Profile

• kris65
    December 1, 2011

I wouldnt get to adventurous with Body Fortress...you really get what you pay for.
  • shinndigg
    December 1, 2011

Great review boss. These things tasted like straight up dookie to me though.
  • NoCielings
    December 1, 2011

During my bulking season last year i remember slaming these in during long shifts at work. The taste of these is unbearable though.
  • venom434
    December 1, 2011

Yeah, its hard to describe the taste of these, the strange texture doesn't help either.

Worst tasting product I tasted was Animal Rage, Orange Juiced more like Orange Puke. I can usually tolerate certain things if they work well, I like my stuff to taste somewhat decent, but I tried one serving and returned it in the mail the next day. It was that bad IMO.
  • Gkeezy
    December 1, 2011

It has a chalky type of taste to me. But I dig that I can shoot 26g of protein in a few seconds when I do not have time to eat a meal. Otherwise good review!
andrew17019
  April 13, 2011

My fridge at work is stocked with Muscle Pharm Musclegel Shots and these Super Whey Protein shots. Both are right around 100 calories and offer around 25 grams of protein.

Convenience: This is convenient because it prevents me from getting powders and shake mixes all over my tiny office. It is single use, single serving, and a whole package takes up as much space as a sandwich in the fridge.

Value: You pay for the individual serving size in a very suspicious looking "test tube" container that is apparently reusable for "your favorite supplements". I guess you could keep pills in it, but honestly, you're just going to throw it away. It takes 15 seconds to slurp this stuff down, but you're really paying for the convenience of not making a mess or having to mix powders.

Effectiveness: I really just use this during the days that I haven't been able to intake as much protein as I'd like throughout the day. I don't drink these on a daily basis, as it would cost too much and I'd get tired of the taste. It does what it needs to, provides a single serving of around 20-25 grams of protein.

Taste: This tastes like baby cough syrup...you know, the kind without the alcohol in it? It doesn't make you gag, but I would never drink this as a snack unless I needed the protein.

Overall this is a good product, albeit in a weird container, that fulfills a basic need for quick and easy protein supplementation throughout the day. I bought mine bulk through an online discount, and that's probably the way to go with these.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Use
  • Convenient

• chichistrong
    April 13, 2011

Good review bro, I have always wondered about the test tube protein lol
  • jmlstocks
    April 13, 2011

Good review bro, gotta agree, these are effective and very convenient, but pricey
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.