Super Advanced Whey Protein Reviews

By: Body Fortress

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #84 of 100 (better than 16%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

Super Advanced Whey Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Body Fortress. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (7)
THIS PRODUCT

CATEGORY AVG

1.5g

Molecule that supports ATP production in the body and increases lean body mass, strength, power, and stamina.

THIS PRODUCT

MIN. EFF. DOSE

0.5g
CATEGORY AVG

1.5g

Amino acid that draws water into muscle cells which improves hydration, recovery, performance and pumps.

FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

Rammpage
  March 16, 2014

so about a year ago i was on a strict budget (my spending was out of control) and a buddy of mine at the gym recommended this to me, i was using ON Whey at the time. i went to walmart and picked up a 2lb tub for about $14 and had a $3 off mfg. coupon that i got out of the news paper, so for $11 you really cant complain about the value! even with out the coupon its still $14 for 2lbs.

2 scoops is 280 calories, 52g of protein, 3g of sugar, 15g of carbs, 4.5g of fat, it also contains creatine monohydrate but doesnt say how much on the tub, so that kinda sucks.

ive gone through over 10 of these, chocolate being my favorite, strawberry being a close second, when mixed with milk it tastes like strawberry nesquik! i experimented with the vanilla, i added 2 drops of vanilla extract to it (i was curious) and it actually tasted pretty damn good! you can also mix half a scoop of chocolate nesquik into the chocolate protein to boost the flavor, but its fine just as it is.

mixing id give it a 10, it leaves no clumps at all, and there's no residue caked in the bottom of your shaker cup after you're done. i will say, make sure you clean it right away, like any protein left in your cup the next day, its going to smell like a crime scene!!

i havent used any other brand since first trying this, i find its very effective, especially for the price! i keep one tub in my work bag and another at home

if you have a problem buying it at walmart, because it might make you look like less of a person, get it off amazon for the same price and free 2 day shipping with prime.

im done spending over $40 on protein that does the same thing as this stuff! if only they made casein, id be golden. its not the greatest thing, but hey, for under $20 there are zero complaints!!!
  • Get The Coupon
  • Some Of The Better Chocolate Flavor Out There
  • Tastes Great
  • And Get 2lbs For $11
  • Who Gives A Sh!t If It Is From Walmart
Aizenx44
  May 31, 2013

I've finished 3 tubs of Body Fortress Advanced, which can be found at just about any drug store or grocer. I purchased it because it was dirt cheap and at the time I was on a budget.

It's got great stats and a full profile of amino acids, pretty much all the basic stuff you need for a solid well rounded protein blend. The taste of the Vanilla was really bad in my opinion. I tried the Chocolate and it was better, although nothing great. The protein mixes very well in water, no chunks or packets of undissolved protein. It's very thin, which may leave you feeling a bit hungry.

The taste is fair for what it is, being a cheap protein. It's actually a decent taste when it first hits your tongue, but then after you swallow it has slightly awkward aftertaste of medicine. It's no muscle milk/syntha6, that's for sure. It's comparable to ON %100 Whey, very similar in consistency and taste (except ON doesn't have that aftertaste).

As far as performance, it served me well. During the 3 months I used it, I made a small but steady gain of muscle. I took 1&1/2 scoops twice a day, with a standard 2-3 meal diet (usually eggs/fish/or chicken). The protein was used in-between my solid meals.

I will buy this protein again anytime I'm low on cash and run out of my more expensive protein sups.
  • Mixes Well With Food And Other Recipes
  • Full Profile Of Baccs
misterjaydub
  January 6, 2012

While this is certainly not my #1 whey choice, it is often my back up choice when I run out of whey and need some immediately. I'll go to WalMart and get a jug.

Taste: 8/10
Not the best, not the worst. I have had every flavor, with Strawberry being the best. There is a little bit of grittiness, but that could probably be attributed to the creatine that is in it.

Mixability: 9/10
Mixes pretty well. Just be sure to add enough water.

I prefer to buy my whey in bulk, and when I do so it averages out to be about $7 a pounds. Whey has went up, so getting this product at about $8 a pound is not bad at all. Also, the Amino Acid profile is great, as well as the added creatine. Pretty solid supp IMO.

The protein is there, carbs are decent, and the fat is a little higher than I would like, but overall this product does what it's intended to do; provide a quality protein source.
  • Tastes Great
  • Creatine Does Not Dissolve Well
SSGdimsmash
  December 29, 2011

All right guys heres a review for my go to in a pinch protien. Being in Afghanistan at the momenet there are times when shipping takes a little longer than expecxted, and I run out of my good whey isolate protien. This stuff here is the only supplement I will buy from the on post PX over here, because everything else is way over priced. Now to the review.

Dosing- 10/10 Its a protien powder nothing hard about doseing this I use it soley for post workout with a mix of dextrose and creatine. 1 scoop gives you 26g's 2 scoops gives you 52g's of protien I normally go 1 and a half.

Mixability- 6/10 this stuff clumps in my blender bottle, and is pretty grainy. Im assuming it's the creatine in this that makes it grainy. I just pound it down so this nor the taste really matters to me.

Taste- 6/10 I always go with the chocalate. I've tried the vanilla, but its definitely not for me. The chocolate is bearable, but if you've had any real good protien shake before you'll imediatly relize this isn't one of them.

Effectiveness- 8/10 It does what its supposed to do allows me to get protien in my sytem quick and easy after a hard workout. Its not the best quality stuff, but like I said it's the best as far as I feel in a pinch.

Side effects- Horrid gas this stuff makes my roomates hate me for the first few days. It eventually fades off, but when its happening Im clearing buildins with this stuff.

Value- 8/10 It's 18.50 for the 2lb tub out here. I know it can be found cheaper, but I'll only got the PX to choose from.

Overall- 8/10 I know there are better choices out there, but if you need a good protien and you waiting for a shipment of your regular stuff this will get you through.
  • Protein Is Protein To An Extent
  • Bad Gas
Mastodon138
  May 16, 2011

Yes the Value is very good. But im just goin to say this. After reading all the reviews and realizing it wasnt just me, i do not reccomend this protein to anyone. It is the classic example of you get what you paid for. This stuff destroyed my body. Just got done doing legs 3 days ago and then took this protein full 2 scoops and 4 hours later i felt like i was sicker then ive been in a while. I couldnt sleep, the stomach cramps made me throw up. I went to the doc the next day they said i had a fever and was told i probaly have food poisining. I had the worst diaraha ive ever had for 2 days and my stomach hurts 3 days later still. for all of you saying it works, its probaly because your body isnt used to a clean diet. Ive never had aproblem with any protein powder before, but now ive learned why forking out an xtra 20 bucks is worth it WAY WAY WAY WORTH IT. So just a warning for people who dont want to go through some of the worst days of your life haha. oh yeah and the taste was terrible
 Pros:
 Cons:
    • Doesnt Mix Well
    • Tastes Bad
    • Bloated
    NoCielings
      March 26, 2011

ahhhhhh!!!! The first protein powder i ever purchased. Im sure everyone remembers that feeling of buying your first protein powder! lol I bought this in July, 2010 after shredding 30 pounds in the summer.(used to be overweight) During the time i purchased this product, i knew very little about supplements. This was a time when I thought that "Whey" was a brand. (you get the picture)

Taste: The taste is average at best. In water it tastes horrible. With milk it tastes rather good and when mixed in a blender with different fruits it tastes like a shake from Smoothie King. I would of never imagined that I would move on to better tasting products.

Side Effects: It is important to mention that my diet was not 100 percent while taking this product. I had just Shredded 30 pounds from April, 2010 to July, 2010. Aside from being too scared to eat delicious fatty treats, i was also too scared to eat the sufficient amount of macro/micro nutrients needed to properly bulk. Diet is the most important aspect of bodybuilding. However, i would take one scoop post- workout in water and this helped me maintain my weight without turning into a weenie. I also mixed one scooper with milk on occasion and drank it as a snack 3 hours after my breakfast and 2 hours before my lunch to keep my metabolism up. I put on a trivial amount of muscle but nothing significant. I also got size, but nothing significant Eventually, i would bulk months later with other products but at this time i was just too scared to gain any amount of weight. I was traumatized after my summer cut lol. This product did aid in recovery though, and it was nice having something post-workout

Profile: The claim that it has 52 grams of Protein!... is just ridiculous in the sense that its 25 grams per scoop and only one scoop is necessary immediately post workout. You have to admire the marketing technique though. Anyway, the main ingredient is whey protein concentrate. At the time i bought this i didn't even know what concentrate was. It also contains a trivial amount of creatine monohydrate but nothing significant enough to actually make a difference in recovery. I don't even think the small amount of creatine from this product digests into the body. I felt no bloating whatsoever.

Price- Bought this at Wal-Mart for a mere 15 bucks. The Price is unbeatable. Would recommend for college students low on cash.

In Conclusion, this is a fairly good product. As i look back in time i truly believe that this beats out the other "cheap" proteins. This is the back-up quarterback and will get the job done, however i would cough up the few extra bucks and buy a whey protein isolate such as Gold Standard Whey, which i discovered on this site. Ironically enough, i accidently discovered this site in july 2010 while searching for reviews for the Super Advanced Whey. (Talk about luck).
    • Mixes Well With Food And Other Recipes
    • Got From Walmart
    • Creatine Does Not Dissolve Well
    chewdude07
      March 23, 2011

1. This is a cheap, grocery store available brand protein/ BCAA enhanced product, so if you are expecting frills and special effects then you are a moron... dont.

2. Not a good idea to be mixing this product with a lot of milk or any at all, if i mix it with anything its mostly orange juice, the acids help digest the protein better, and maybe a cup of soymilk. I mix soy because it has no dairy, mixes very well, and wont make me crap every ten minutes since this product already contains dairy.

3. I have found that since this product contains BCAA's boosted into it that it is better to drink this as a intra work out supp. and i cut it from one scoop to about half a scoop for a light shake in between work outs along with any BCAA supp. you can also add to it for better recovery.

4. Overall, it is what it says it is whey protein. Just as effective as any other whey protein if supplimented correctly.

5. My advice is, make a "light shake" as i stated in bullet 3 to drink intra work out, and then about 15 mins post make a shake with 1 full scoop mixed solely with oj.

These are only tips that have worked for me with this product, nothing is set in stone your body is going to be different, i have a very strong stomach so this may not be for everyone seeing as it contains dairy ( and plenty of it), but the value is great and if you find its ok with your digestion then why spend more on a shiny container that says its going to "bleep" your you know what.

It works for me
      gobey
        January 7, 2011

Well this stuff is readily available at walmart and stop and shop. It's a good poor mans protein. It has more BCAAs and Protein per volume to it than your standard cheap care one protein powder, but is really only the next step up. It's about average for calories and fat in a protein powder too. Now does it work?
      Yes, It definitely helps recovery better than the super cheap powders and has a healthy 26 grams per serving which is about all the average body can handle at once anyway.
      I've added a good 5 pounds of solid muscle in the last two months and that was when I started using this protein powder regularly to feed my poor tiny overworked muscles.
      The added creatine and other nutrients are a bonus too. But I feel like these may also cause some of the problems with this powder. It gives you terrible gas and causes bloating. Now I also regularly take Creatine mono, so combined with a creatine enhanced protein powder I've had to learn to live with never being able to suck in my gut. But while on my off period on regular creatine and continuing to take this protein powder these effects remained. So It's not because of the other creatine. I also drink more than 130 oz of water daily and still get the bloats.
      It also has horrible taste. I've tried vanilla and strawberry and both smell great and taste sweet at first and then give way to a horrible aftertaste... I recommend mixing with sweetner or mixing into food. It works well in yogurt and cereal and the vanilla flavor can be made into a decent chai tea drink when sweetened and mixed with some cinnamon.
      So yeah its a litttle yucky and gives you the protein farts and bloats, but it works and is very cheap.
      • Protein Farts
      bignastyrico
        December 27, 2010

this is a decent product at best. this is another concentrate protein that has been sitting on my supp shelf for awhile now because i havent got to it yet. but this will be most likely my last concentrate protein because i cant stand these cheap products.

price=10 ok u cant go wrong here i got this for 17 bucks at walmart for 2lbs about 6 months ago.

mixabilty=9 mixes very well no real clumps to speak off. goes down smooth

taste=5 wow i got the strawberry flavor and normally i like the taste of concentrate proteins but this was just horrible.

profile=7 26g of protein in a 34g scoop means a lot of filler. but this has a little bit of creatine which makes this stand out a bit.

waste=5 i hate to add this as a topic but just like all concentrates this sent me to the bathroom like it was the new in thing lol.

overall i wouldnt recommend this to anyone except the beginner or if money is an issue the price is good. but for a few bucks more there are way better proteins out there. the creatine is a cute feature as they try to market this as a complete post workout product with some added acids and an above average protein amount. also it is a 2lb tub, but with a 34g scoop using about 2 scoops at a time this goes by pretty fast.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Very Cheap When You Are Low On Cash
      • Creatine
      • Seems Very Cheap
      • Tastes Bad
      fanboychum
        August 28, 2010

If your looking for a great tasting easy mixing smooth drinking protein powder................well this sure aint it!! to me this stuff is absolutely awful tasting no mater what flavor you choose and believe me i tried almost all of them. To go along with the disgusting flavors I also experienced some abdominal distress in the form of bloating and wicked bad gas, not desirable for me.
      on the brighter side, its dirt cheap and its actually a decent enough quality protein that can help build some muscle. so if your a broke ass cat that finds it more right to buy protein that to pay the light bill, this is your protein powder buddy, enjoy:)
      for the rest of us that can afford to spend a few more bucks on a better tasting protein with out all the nasty gas and bloating,there are much nicer whey protein supps out there.
      • It Is Pretty F'ing Discusting

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.