Super Advanced Whey Protein

By: Body Fortress

All right guys heres a review for my go to in a pinch protien. Being in Afghanistan at the momenet there are times when shipping takes a little longer than expecxted, and I run out of my good whey isolate protien. This stuff here is the only supplement I will buy from the on post PX over here, because everything else is way over priced. Now to the review.

Dosing- 10/10 Its a protien powder nothing hard about doseing this I use it soley for post workout with a mix of dextrose and creatine. 1 scoop gives you 26g's 2 scoops gives you 52g's of protien I normally go 1 and a half.

Mixability- 6/10 this stuff clumps in my blender bottle, and is pretty grainy. Im assuming it's the creatine in this that makes it grainy. I just pound it down so this nor the taste really matters to me.

Taste- 6/10 I always go with the chocalate. I've tried the vanilla, but its definitely not for me. The chocolate is bearable, but if you've had any real good protien shake before you'll imediatly relize this isn't one of them.

Effectiveness- 8/10 It does what its supposed to do allows me to get protien in my sytem quick and easy after a hard workout. Its not the best quality stuff, but like I said it's the best as far as I feel in a pinch.

Side effects- Horrid gas this stuff makes my roomates hate me for the first few days. It eventually fades off, but when its happening Im clearing buildins with this stuff.

Value- 8/10 It's 18.50 for the 2lb tub out here. I know it can be found cheaper, but I'll only got the PX to choose from.

Overall- 8/10 I know there are better choices out there, but if you need a good protien and you waiting for a shipment of your regular stuff this will get you through.
  • Protein Is Protein To An Extent

• adam777
      December 29, 2011

The army didn't teach you how to spell? lol. Yeah, I ran out of protein the last two weeks in iraq and I tried this and I have to say its pretty solid.+rep
    • SSGdimsmash
      December 29, 2011

Lol nope just how to fix helicopters.
    • FL3XMAGNUM
      December 29, 2011

This is my go to in a pinch too. I always had to mix some peanut butter and cinnamon in mine to make the taste more tolerable.
      Glad to see this review.

I got this whey protein because it was convenient. It was located right at wal-mart and cheap. You can get a 2lb for for $15.00. I got the chocolate peanut butter flavor which smells and taste good. I didn't have a problem with the mixing because I used a blender. My problem with this is it made me feel very bloated and sluggish. I think it is a waste of money if you are truly wanting something that will benefit you. I have recently started taking the 100% gold whey by ON and wow I can already taste and feel a difference! The worst feeling when you are trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle is taking a product that makes you feel bloated and sluggish. I wouldn't recommend this whey protein because how you feel is everything! Just because it is cheap does not mean it is good for you.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great

Once again, I was in a bind and I needed something quick. I was very happy to find that Body Fortress has a new flavor- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER. Nothing is better than chocolate AND peanut butter so I gave this a try.
      The taste was very good-even mixed with water. Add crushed ice or a a couple of ice cubes would also help the taste. The profile is very good and you can stretch out the lifespan of the product by using just one scoop/ 26 grams. I added Kre Alk, Gluta Lyn, Arginine, and Beta Alanine in with this product and it didn't diminish the taste at all. I feel that this product would be great for those of us who need something convenient and at a low cost. I am going to buy this product and leave it in my car so that I always have access to something healthy and cheap if nothing else is around.
      I've made CKD recipes with it and had great results. Very good to mix in with your morning oatmeal. For anyone who has had ON's Choco PB casein it has a similar taste.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixes Well With Food And Other Recipes

• Manimal
          May 25, 2010

I'd be careful leaving in the car for too long bro, especially if the weather can get hot where you live. That can result in some negative effects on supplements.
        • gbganab
          May 25, 2010

I'll keep that in mind... I live in Fargo so typically it's winter 9 out of the 12 months of the year. FML
        • Manimal
          May 25, 2010

Lol, ouchh. I personally love winter, being that i am a hockey player and a snowboarder but that may be TOO much winter for me. Sorry bro

I used this horrible protein for about a week and could not stand it anymore. They tried to dress it up by putting creatine in it, but they don't put enough in to make a difference. My stomach became terribly bloated. Spend the extra few dollars and get a quality protein. Trust me !!!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Very Cheap When You Are Low On Cash
        • Creatine

• SSGdimsmash
            November 6, 2011

Try to be a little more descriptive in your reviews. Take a look at some of the senior guys reviews. Bigworm, Manimal, JMlstocks to name a few. I do agree though this does give some serious stomach issues to me also.
          • jaguar08
            (-19)
            November 6, 2011

Thank you for the positive feedback and constructive criticism. I will try to give more info.. Thanks again.
          • Abandoned
            November 6, 2011

Thats too bad,I've never tried it,and I guess I never will,lol.I always see it at the grocery stores.
          • rckgregory
            November 6, 2011

Rule of thumb...if they sell it at Wal-Mart....DON'T BUY IT!

ahhhhhh!!!! The first protein powder i ever purchased. Im sure everyone remembers that feeling of buying your first protein powder! lol I bought this in July, 2010 after shredding 30 pounds in the summer.(used to be overweight) During the time i purchased this product, i knew very little about supplements. This was a time when I thought that "Whey" was a brand. (you get the picture)

Taste: The taste is average at best. In water it tastes horrible. With milk it tastes rather good and when mixed in a blender with different fruits it tastes like a shake from Smoothie...

Smoothie King. I would of never imagined that I would move on to better tasting products.

Side Effects: It is important to mention that my diet was not 100 percent while taking this product. I had just Shredded 30 pounds from April, 2010 to July, 2010. Aside from being too scared to eat delicious fatty treats, i was also too scared to eat the sufficient amount of macro/micro nutrients needed to properly bulk. Diet is the most important aspect of bodybuilding. However, i would take one scoop post- workout in water and this helped me maintain my weight without turning into a weenie. I also mixed one scooper with milk on occasion and drank it as a snack 3 hours after my breakfast and 2 hours before my lunch to keep my metabolism up. I put on a trivial amount of muscle but nothing significant. I also got size, but nothing significant Eventually, i would bulk months later with other products but at this time i was just too scared to gain any amount of weight. I was traumatized after my summer cut lol. This product did aid in recovery though, and it was nice having something post-workout

Profile: The claim that it has 52 grams of Protein!... is just ridiculous in the sense that its 25 grams per scoop and only one scoop is necessary immediately post workout. You have to admire the marketing technique though. Anyway, the main ingredient is whey protein concentrate. At the time i bought this i didn't even know what concentrate was. It also contains a trivial amount of creatine monohydrate but nothing significant enough to actually make a difference in recovery. I don't even think the small amount of creatine from this product digests into the body. I felt no bloating whatsoever.

Price- Bought this at Wal-Mart for a mere 15 bucks. The Price is unbeatable. Would recommend for college students low on cash.

In Conclusion, this is a fairly good product. As i look back in time i truly believe that this beats out the other "cheap" proteins. This is the back-up quarterback and will get the job done, however i would cough up the few extra bucks and buy a whey protein isolate such as Gold Standard Whey, which i discovered on this site. Ironically enough, i accidently discovered this site in july 2010 while searching for reviews for the Super Advanced Whey. (Talk about luck).

• NoCielings
              March 26, 2011

Excuse the error, it has 26 grams of protein per scoop.

I've used the chocolate super Advanced Protein, it mixes well in a shaker, tastes pretty good especially with soy milk, it makes it creamier. I used one 2lb tub, saw a decrease in flabbiness and a slight increase muscle size. It's a good value, but I'd rather go for their brand new Super Advanced Whey Isolate which I've already tried and finished. Saw better results off of that but for $15 this is a great powder, low in calories, carbs and hardly any sugar. If you want the extra calories and carbs for mass gaining, simply add fruit to it
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Some Of The Better Chocolate Flavor Out There

• Emery
                June 13, 2010

Nice review bro first off!

Secondly, for just a few more bucks you can buy much better quality protein. Search online and try Optimum Nutrition, Gaspari, even GNC brands.
                Bodybuilding.com has some good deals as well.

I've been using this product for several weeks for weight training purposes due to its low price offered at Walmart, but was myself surprised to learn that it did indeed have a significant amount of creatine in it, something many of us may be looking to avoid. Creatine is listed on the back as an ingredient (part of the recovery blend), but frustratingly, no quantity is listed. So for those wondering, according to Body Fortress (whom I contactd by phone via the number listed on their website), this product contains 3 grams of creatine per scoop. It had previously contained 6 grams but has since been reformulated. If you have the smaller, "eco-friendly" container, that is the reformulated blend. Kind of deceitful, in my mind, not to list it on the label, but at least their willing to give you information upon inquiry.
               Cons:

I bought a tub of this at walmart while waiting for my order to come in with my regular proteins. I figured for the price and decent profile, it couldnt be a waste. The taste of the product is average, nothing special yet not bad. It mixes rather well in regards to the protein, however my biggest complaint with this product is that the creatine does not mix in at all. This was a large issue I had before micro-ionized and monohydrate forms were available. For the price of the product, it can be expected that the creatine is very basic. It is not listed on most sites as containing creatine but it is in the "Recovery Complex". After shaking vigorously for several minutes in ambient temperature water, the crystals of creatine were still not dissolved and even after chugging, I was left with a mouth full of grit. I also noticed relative stomach pains (bloating) after consuming this and it is most likely because of the creatine as I had this issue with creatine when I first started taking it many years ago.
                Overall I still rated this as a 7 because the price is very reasonable for the protein and for people that don't care about the creatine-grit, it is still a decent product. The taste is pretty good, however if you want a better protein with better mixing and taste, go with 100% Whey from Optimum Nutrition. ON proteins still provide the most bang for the buck and have excellent quality.
                 Cons:

so about a year ago i was on a strict budget (my spending was out of control) and a buddy of mine at the gym recommended this to me, i was using ON Whey at the time. i went to walmart and picked up a 2lb tub for about $14 and had a $3 off mfg. coupon that i got out of the news paper, so for $11 you really cant complain about the value! even with out the coupon its still $14 for 2lbs.

2 scoops is 280 calories, 52g of protein, 3g of sugar, 15g of carbs, 4.5g of fat, it also contains creatine monohydrate but doesnt say how much on the tub, so that kinda sucks.

ive gone through...

ive gone through over 10 of these, chocolate being my favorite, strawberry being a close second, when mixed with milk it tastes like strawberry nesquik! i experimented with the vanilla, i added 2 drops of vanilla extract to it (i was curious) and it actually tasted pretty damn good! you can also mix half a scoop of chocolate nesquik into the chocolate protein to boost the flavor, but its fine just as it is.

mixing id give it a 10, it leaves no clumps at all, and there's no residue caked in the bottom of your shaker cup after you're done. i will say, make sure you clean it right away, like any protein left in your cup the next day, its going to smell like a crime scene!!

i havent used any other brand since first trying this, i find its very effective, especially for the price! i keep one tub in my work bag and another at home

if you have a problem buying it at walmart, because it might make you look like less of a person, get it off amazon for the same price and free 2 day shipping with prime.

im done spending over $40 on protein that does the same thing as this stuff! if only they made casein, id be golden. its not the greatest thing, but hey, for under $20 there are zero complaints!!!
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Get The Coupon
                  • Its Dirt Cheap!
                  • Creatine
                  • Some Of The Better Chocolate Flavor Out There
                  • Tastes Great
                  • Very Cheap When You Are Low On Cash
                  • And Get 2lbs For $11

• brenth6112
                      March 16, 2014

You can get this at Ralphs for buy one get one free a lot of times an which makes it like 10 dollars a tub. I will always pick some up when that sale is going on.

Nice Review.

I've finished 3 tubs of Body Fortress Advanced, which can be found at just about any drug store or grocer. I purchased it because it was dirt cheap and at the time I was on a budget.

It's got great stats and a full profile of amino acids, pretty much all the basic stuff you need for a solid well rounded protein blend. The taste of the Vanilla was really bad in my opinion. I tried the Chocolate and it was better, although nothing great. The protein mixes very well in water, no chunks or packets of undissolved protein. It's very thin, which may leave you feeling a bit hungry....

The taste is fair for what it is, being a cheap protein. It's actually a decent taste when it first hits your tongue, but then after you swallow it has slightly awkward aftertaste of medicine. It's no muscle milk/syntha6, that's for sure. It's comparable to ON %100 Whey, very similar in consistency and taste (except ON doesn't have that aftertaste).

As far as performance, it served me well. During the 3 months I used it, I made a small but steady gain of muscle. I took 1&1/2 scoops twice a day, with a standard 2-3 meal diet (usually eggs/fish/or chicken). The protein was used in-between my solid meals.

I will buy this protein again anytime I'm low on cash and run out of my more expensive protein sups.
                     Pros:
                     Cons:
                    • Full Profile Of Baccs

• ZANARK
                        May 31, 2013

Here in México the price (in relation to weight/content) is the same as ON's Gold Standard
                      • cssrss
                        May 31, 2013

I always wondered about this protein when I pass by it at my local bargain market. Sounds like it isn't that bad, I'll give it a try to save some cash next time around. Thanks for the review!
                      • Aizenx44
                        May 31, 2013

@ZANARK: That's interesting, out here in California USA, the price for ON is about 30% more than Body Fortress.

@cssrss: Yes, I also passed this protein by many times because I was concerned the results might be bad or that the protein just wouldn't work that well. It actually works just as well as any major name brand. The only reason I would go with a pricier brand is for a better taste and a richer texture, but just from a body building standpoint this protein works fine. You can use it, you won't lose gains.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.