Home > Categories > Protein > Whey Protein > Body Fortress > Premium Whey Protein

Body Fortress Premium Whey Protein

Premium Whey Protein Body Fortress
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (61 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 91% (Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for Premium Whey Protein (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
Buy Now Buy Premium Whey Protein Thousands of Supplements! Buy Premium Whey Protein
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (374 Reviews)
9.2
Body Fortress Super Whey Protein Shot Reviews
Super Whey Protein Shot (21 Reviews)
Met-Rx Big 100 Colossal Reviews
Big 100 Colossal (28 Reviews)
BSN Syntha-6 Reviews
Syntha-6 (167 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Optimum Platinum Hydro Whey Reviews
Platinum Hydro Whey (98 Reviews)
9.1
GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews
Wheybolic Extreme 60 (79 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

New Myoactiv Premium Whey Protein coming soon by PNI.
I just saw a post on Premium Nutraceuticals facebook page that they have a new p...

Swanson Premium Whey Protein 36.5oz for 18.99
I say this at swansonvitamins.com Swanson Premium Whey Protein 36.5oz for 18.99 ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

This is a popular protein that is sold at many of your local retail stores. It is a good choice as it blends a good ingredient profile with a very competitive price tag. It is an excellent choice for those that are looking for a cheaper, starter protein.

Premium Whey Protein Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Premium Whey Protein Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Cheap (50)
    • Good Value (48)
    • Readily Available At Wm (32)
    • Effective (31)
    • Decent Taste (9)
    • Mediocre Quality (9)
    • Tastes Pretty Bad (7)
    • The Colt 45 Of Protein Shakes (7)
    July 4, 2010

jmlstocks

Reviews: 46

Age: 33

July 4, 2010
     Just finished first batch. Bought because it was cheap. Quality was decent, did help recovery fairly well. Vanilla taste terrible. Could mix a little better.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Cheap
    andrew39
    andrew39

Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +2
    get the chocolate peanut butter if u can find it...tastes like reeses when mixed with milk.

December 1, 2013

David3007

Reviews: 13

Age: 22

December 1, 2013
    Cheap means cheap no way way around it

Needed protein asap and Wal-Mart had some and it was dirt cheap. I was hoping this would be a decent substitute until i could get a better protein but was I wrong very wrong.

-----------------------Current stack----------------
    Body fortress whey protein, bodytech glutamine, body fortress Baca, krill oil, complete nutrition multivitamin, and mass fuzion

-------------------------Dosing 10------------------ I give the dosage a 10 because it was once level scoop. You can't get any easier then that. The only way it would be easier is if it came in shakers ready to go for you.

----------------------Mixability 8------------------
    I give the disability a 8 because there was no big chunks but I always had a few tiny chunks and it tasted like chalk. I bought the strawberry flavor and it tasted like chalk.

----------------------Value 10----------------------I give the value a 10 because for $19.00 and some change your not going to find a better deal unless there is a deal going on. The problem though is when you pay cheap your going to get cheap. I was hoping this was not the case but it was true this product was not good. I rather spend the extra bucks to get a better product that actually works then buy this garbage again.

-------------------Ingredients 5--------------------
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 scoop (34g)

Amount Per Serving

Sugars 2g
    Protein 30g

Vitamin A - Vitamin C -
    Calcium 8% Iron -
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

------------------------Overview-------------------- I have to give this a 5 because it was not a very good product and I would not recommend it. No taste, ok mix, not a lot of ingredients, get what you pay for, and just no good. I would not recommend this and I will not be getting this again. Any comments are welcome thank you and keep on lifting
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Readily Available At Wm
    • Gritty
    BrooklynBuff
    BrooklynBuff

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 11
    Reputation: +801
    This also had creatine in it , unless your reviewing the isolate

August 7, 2013

almikez

Reviews: 4

Age: 18

August 7, 2013
    Whey cheap!

When you buy whey protein, it's because that's exactly what you want, whey protein. This is some of the cheapest whey protein you can find. When you think of cheap you think of not good, well this is completely opposite.

This is loaded with the non-essential and essential Amino acids which you need to get bigger and stronger. There are a lot of proteins that claim to have them and don't or they just flat out don't. But this whey does.

As I said before, you bought this because you wanted whey protein. Well there is around 80% protein per serving and the added to to amino acids which are probably around 3-5ish you can see there are no fillers.

The taste Is alright, it's nothing to be excited about. The vanilla could use work.

Ultimately for your money's worth, this is a protein to look for. But looking for it won't be hard because you don't have to look hard because its sold at grocery stores so you don't have to get hassled by GNC know it alls.

This whey is the whey to go
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Decent Taste

Reputation: +290
    This is a concentrate based protein. 30 grams of protein in a 42 gram serving which means it's 71%. Yes there is added aminos, but it also contains maltodextrin so Idk where you get "no fillers" from. it's also high in calories and real high in cholesterol.

Sorry, but this whey is not the whey to go.

GTpro900
    GTpro900

Reputation: +89
    Super Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Super Recovery Blend (Glycine, Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, Threonine, L-Glutamine, Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine), Maltodextrin, Peanut Flour, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.
    Contains Milk, Soy, Peanut And Tree Nut (Pecan) Ingredients.

No Fillers there? really?

Nickthatowel
    Nickthatowel

Joined: 1/2012
    Reputation: +25
    Glycene creatine and taurine aka cheap filler aminos to make it look like it has more protein than it really does top it off with some nice maltodextrin and you get a nice low quality tub of garbage. And loco you cant judge a protein by its protein percentage thats basically broscience bullcrap companies pull to make you spend big dollars on their super ultra hydrolyzed isolate.

Reply #4:

Reputation: +290
    Valid, but you can't deny that concentrate is the lowest based whey and as the primary ingredient, it's at least 51% low quality protein. with the amount of filler put in this product, 51% is a more than generous estimation

May 29, 2013

Sycoholic

Reviews: 9

Age: 38

May 29, 2013
    Great value, cuz we all ain't rich.

I've been through all the flavors. My favorites are Chocolate Peanut Butter and Cookies and Cream. Chocolate is typical chocolate. Vanilla is ok but a bit "thin" tasting. Tastes better with milk though. (I usually mix my supplements with water). I find the Vanilla is best for recipe's. If you like a good tasting vanilla protein powder don't expect Syntha-6 flavor.. However, the other flavors are good. The new tubs are now 60grams of protein per scoop. Primarily it's Whey Concentrate, which is the lower end whey, but hence the price. For $15 for a 2lb tub you can't beat it. I'm not made of money so I can't always buy the more expensive isolate. I feel recovery is good on this product as I experience no more muscle soreness than when regularly taking other higher end priced whey protein. It mixes very well too which is a huge positive. I have several different styles of shaker bottles and it mixes well in all of them.

If you're strapped for cash don't feel ashamed of buying this. It's the same ingredient list as other higher priced products you find at GNC and other places... (regarding whey concentrate, isolate).

I also get no bloating or gas from these. I would recommend these to everybody. You can't beat it for price and quality... great value!

They have redone their products not that long ago... so some of the older reviews are really not applicable anymore.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Chocolate Peanut Butter!
    • Good Amino Acid Profile
    • Best Wallmart Supplement
    • Cookies N Cream!
    • Effective
    • Readily Available At Wm
      PhatGame
      PhatGame

Reviews: 4
      Reputation: +21
      I've bought this at Wal-Mart a few times and it definitely does the job.

December 23, 2012

Mhernandez51

Age: 24

December 23, 2012
       I've been on a workout plan for 5 weeks now and started at 293 lbs, trying to get back in football shape. My goal is to back between 250-265 lbs. I work out 5 days a week(3 weight room and 2 cardio), an been using body fortress Super Advanced Whey protein (along with BF Super Advanced Creatine) and I've seen great results! The price is unbeatable and the taste is actually good. I was skeptical at first but now I'm a believer. I have improved on my lifts/reps and even cardio, I have better conditioning and stamina. I'm down to 283lbs now. Lost 10lbs in 5 weeks. I would recommend this product.
      November 12, 2012

Reviews: 6

Age: 26

November 12, 2012
       There comes a time in every iron pumping barrel chested hero's life when the money is scarce and he's left with the ultimate life decision, buy high quality protein or buy toilet paper. This is where body fortress comes in, the cheapest most overlooked brushed off protein in today's modern way too technical world of protein. I bought this because buying a higher quality product just didnt fit my budget and in all honesty I was fairly surprised. What prompted me to write this review? To help all you broke barrel chested iron fiends.

I used this while on a lean bulk doing a 3 day split taking every fourth day off. Majority of my workout consisted of compound movements with complimentary isolation exercises. Im not going to get into before and after as protein products are just that, protein. This isnt supermechadianabol where the effects are noticeable in a week sorry to dissapoint.

--------TASTE/MIXABILITY (8)
      I got the vanilla and to be honest this shizzz really surprised me with taste. I actually enjoyed it after my workouts considering I was expecting to taste like the backside of a donkey. It mixed really well in a shaker cup just a few clumps here and there but it wasnt a big deal. I only used it in a shaker a few times the rest i blended this with almond milk, ice cubes, raw honey and cinnamon to get dem fast acting carbs son! All in all solid taste, no issues here.

---------PROFILE (7)
      This is the part that really surprised me when i was standing in that aisle at wal-mart embarrassed of myself for being there. On the ingredients it lists concentrate as the first ingredient and isolate as the second. The BCAA profile was decent I've seen better on other proteins. This even has L-glutamine in it... SCORE! and creatine monohydrate... DOUBLE SCORE!
      At 140 calories per scoop with 2 grams of fat, 7 grams of carbs, and 26 grams of protein i'd say not bad at all.

--------EFFECTIVENESS (7)
      The protein helps you reach your macro's for the day if your slacking. I suck at judging the effectiveness of a protein because its not something that isn't noticeable for the most part. With the BCAA's and glutamine in it i'll admit i didnt always feel sore the following day. As for the creatine, i never noticed it since I was using my purple STUFF. You know? Kre-Alkalyn.

--------VALUE (9)
      At 14 dollars for a 2lb tub i'll give you two chocolate chip cookies and a gold star if you can find anything cheaper.

--------OVERALL (7)
      Overall im pleased with this protein I dont really have anything negative to say about it. Would I recommend this? "Yeahhhhhh you'll make allll kindzzz of gainzzzz! yeahhhhh" I think I'm going to be coming back to this protein even when I'm not broke. From time to time when I'm feeling like a baller I might get some higher quality protein isolate. But in all seriousness if you ever find yourself tight on cash don't be afraid to walk down to wal-mart and get you one of these bad boys to hold you over.

....hope this helped anyone interested.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • ...oh And Did I Say Cheap!?
      • Cheap
      • Food Stamp Protein
      SUPERBEASTO
      SUPERBEASTO

Joined: 2/2010
      Reviews: 3
      Reputation: +20
      this was my first protein powder years ago, this, mass gainer and super nos.

Even though it made me fart every 3 seconds, i got amazing gains! The straberry tastes delicious with milk.

Nice review man. Rep+

Joined: 5/2012
      Reviews: 6
      Reputation: +78
      The farts i get every time i switch proteins for the first few days haha.
      I never stray too far from vanilla but i might just give that strawberry a try now

lcscbaseball
      lcscbaseball

Joined: 3/2013
      Reputation: +10
      Cookies n Cream is closer to vanilla and in my opinion the best tasting of this product. But when the product is this cheap and your can find it at Walmart, taste is hard to come by.

November 11, 2012

Age: 25

November 11, 2012
       OVERALL:8
      I GAVE THIS AN 8 BECAUSE OF ITS EFFECTIVENESS AND NOT A 9 OR A 10 BASED ON THE TASTE. IT HELPED WITH RECOVERY AND STRENGTH GAINS. IM SURE THAT WAS ATTRIBUTED TO "RECOVERY FORMULA" IN IT.

MIXABILITY\TASTE: MIXING THIS STUFF IS PRETTY HARD BY SPOON AND SHAKER. BEST IN A BLENDER. TASTE IS A LITTLE OFF IN MY OPINION BUT BEARABLE.

EFFECTIVENESS: VERY EFFECTIVE FORMULA, FOR MY BODY ANYWAYS. SOME PEOPLE HATE ON THIS PRODUCT PROBABLY JUST BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP.

VALUE: VERY GOOD VALUE AT $15 A TUB AND THAT LASTS TWO WEEKS.

I LIKE THIS PRODUCT VERY MUCH IN ALL ACCTUALITY IT IS THE BEST PROTEIN IVE EVER USED THAT GETS ME REAL RESULTS..... NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT WHY DO I NOT USE IT.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Great Amount Of Protein
      • Good Amino Acid Profile
      • Best Wallmart Supplement
      • Effective
      • Readily Available At Wm
      • Gassy
      Tylerjg26
      Tylerjg26

Joined: 4/2012
      Reputation: +5
      i read this as a screaming voice inside my head >.>

Joined: 11/2012
      Reputation: -4
      So i guess you liked it???

bnichols25
      bnichols25

Reviews: 17
      Reputation: +627
      I THINK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE ALL CAPS.....

October 31, 2012

spwjww909311

Reviews: 5

Age: 21

October 31, 2012
       I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet. A lot of people are skeptical of Body Fortress' Whey because it is relatively cheap (when compared to others) and because you can purchase it at Walmart. I think this criticism is, for the most part, unfair.

Overall, this protein did what it was supposed to do. It helped build muscle, and provided me with a good post-workout recovery shake or an occasional breakfast shake when I needed it.

This protein worked relatively well. To be honest, I can't complain much. It works good, but as in every other aspect of life, there are products that are better. One of my favorite things about this protein is that it contains Creatine monohydrate in it, and my muscles usually thanked it for that!

The price is really where this product shines to me. If you are a college student (like me), or on a tight budget, then it is nice to be able to go to any Walmart and get a decent protein supplement for around $14-15 for a 2lb jug. Like I said above, there are better protein supps out there, but there are worse ones as well.

Taste: 5/10
      I only used the Chocolate flavor, since I'm not much of a Vanilla guy. The flavor was not too good I hate to admit. It was lacking in comparison to other proteins powders I've tried. BUT, let me say this, it is bearable and gets easier with time. It is not the worst thing you could drink, and it is not to best. It has a kind of strong and bitter taste to it. I guess for the price I can't complain.

Mixing: 6/10
      Part of the reason the taste was sub-par was because the mixing was sup-par as well. No matter how vigorously or long I shaked my shaker cup, it still had some little chunky residue in it. Along with the taste, I guess I can't complain too much. I suppose I was spoiled from my favorite protein product!

I experience no side effects, and combined with exercise I think this protein is effective. If you are on a tight budget, and this is all you can get, don't feel bad, it is a good product that gets the job done. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Gritty
      August 12, 2012

IGetMoney1

Reviews: 3

Age: 31

August 12, 2012
       I have tried the chocolate flavor only. I have only tried one other type of protein mix. I have purchased Body Fortress 5 times (2lb jugs).
      I have made solid gains. It tastes good.
      I did not have any problems until tonight. I bought a jug that seemed to have a little something extra to it. There appears to be little white powder mixed in. At first I thought it was excess salt because it has changed the taste a little bit, but it does not dissolve in water as salt would. I am a little worried because the product is NOT inspected by anyone, it is simply "carefully manufactured". I worked in a "careful manufacturing" environment once and I know that sometimes things happen and EXTERNAL checks/inspections are the only thing that catches problems. I am considering trying some other brands, but cost is pretty high and still none are inspected by an external entity (to my knowledge). I want to keep up the gains, but I have to wonder if ingesting this product and the strange, ground up, plastic-like substance in this particular jug is worth it....
      IGNORE MY RATINGS. I do not feel that I can rate the product because I do not really have a basis of comparison. I can tell you that taking a couple scoops before and after I work out and occaisionally when I miss a meal has helped me achieve my goal of getting bigger. The effects that it has had on my overall health are still unknown to me. I am not sure if I will use it again. I probably will because I have trouble putting on weight without it.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Decent Taste
      • Mostly Sugar
      July 29, 2012

Nutrexpert

Reviews: 23

Age: 20

July 29, 2012
       We've all been here: the low-budget trip to Walmart to pick up a tub of protein just to hold you over until you can get the money for ON's Gold Standard Whey, or some other higher quality protein powder. I've used it and USP Labs Jack3d for a majority of my high school career. Needless to say, I don't still use it. Here's the specifics:

Taste: 9/10. The cookies and cream were incredible tasting, even with water. I loved it and could drink it as a normal beverage throughout the day if I wanted to. The texture isn't too chalky, like the chalkolate is (haha, get it?).
      The whey isolate version of this product only came in vanilla where I'm from, and the taste for that wasn't bad either (7.5/10). I'd prefer the isolate (as any lifter would) over the normal stuff, at just 7 dollars more per tub.

Recovery/effectiveness: 5/10. It's not a bad product, but I didn't notice a decrease in recovery time when I took it. There are much, much better products for recovery like Myogenix Aftershock, ON 2:1:1 recovery, and Allmax Isoflex.

Ingredient concoction: 4/10. This is where the product gets thrown in a ditch. The protein complex is almost entirely whey concentrate, the least absorptive of the three types of whey protein. It's basically the garbage bi-product of milk, and has only a 55%-60% bioavailability rate. Compared to whey isolate (90%), and whey hydrolysate (near 100%), this is not good. You're basically seeing all of your protein go into the toilet...literally. The amino count is decent, but hard to tell because the recovery wasn't quite there.

Price: 7.5/10. You basically get what you pay for with this product. It's a very cheap price at $14.99, but you're almost better off using the money to buy 10 dozen eggs and eating egg whites after you workout. That's what I would do if I was ballin' on a budget supplement wise. If you're a poor high school student, this isn't a bad option, and any protein is better than no protein. The isolate is $21.99 if you want to spend the extra money and get higher quality protein. This is probably the cheapest in terms of isolate powders.

The worst part about this protein is getting bad gas and being on the toilet more frequently. Other proteins don't do that to me. I would recommend Allmax Isoflex, Myogenix AfterShock, or most other proteins/post workout supplements before this one.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Cookies N Cream!
      • Low-quality Ingredients
      • Bubble Guts
      • Mediocre Quality
      • Bloating

Have you used Premium Whey Protein? Submit your own Review!