Premium Whey Protein

By Body Fortress
Premium Whey Protein Body Fortress
7.0/10
(Weighted average based on 61 Reviews)

Ranks #109 of 111 (better than 2%)
in Protein > Whey Protein
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

Frankiemusc's Premium Whey Protein Review

This is the first time I tried a lower budget protein as part of my "lower budget supps" experiment during the last 3 weeks.

I came across few coupons for this particular brand and wanted to see the difference of using a lower budget protein for a week and a half.

Each scoop...

Each scoop yields 26 grams of protein.

Used this as my wake up protein drink (1 scoop) and my post workout protein (1 1/2 scoops) with either skim milk or Gatorade.

Value-10

I purchased this for $12, with a $3 coupon at Walmart. Pretty cheap for 2 lbs of whey protein, but you get what you pay for in price.

Mixablity-6

I usually mixed this with either skim milk or Gatorade. You really need to give it a stir or a good shake for at least a minute. Unfortunately, it was still slightly gritty regardless, as a result of the cheaper ingredients.

Taste-7

Purchased the vanilla flavor and it was decent with skim milk or Gatorade. I have had worse tasting proteins in the past than this product. The taste was decent even with the slight grittiness.

Side Effects

There is creatine mono in this product, but it doesn't state how much. This may or may not have caused the below

I did experienced bloating as compared to none, with my staple protein Dymatize Elite Whey, in using the same liquids to mix it with.

Effectiveness 7

This was a decent protein nonetheless. I did not notice any decrease in muscle size or appearance in the 1 1/2 weeks of using it, or notice any difference in my workouts.

I was expecting to notice a difference in the above.

Only issue was bloating,that subsided after about 1 hour of ingesting the product.

Overall 7

If you are on a budget and looking for a decent protein, then possibly give this a try.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Protein On A Budget
  • Decent Taste
  • Cheap
  • Gritty

Posted August 5, 2011
great review. im looking forward to other "budget" reviews

Posted August 5, 2011
top review frank!! on a body fortress whey haha

@Rico thanks guy, I am using their Super Nos Blast pwo now

@Krob Thanks "bro"

kris65

great review broski REP+

kevO

Posted August 5, 2011
My bad bro, fukn touchscreen phones. I hate technology.

Good review btw.

Posted August 6, 2011
Good review,check out their Isolate its pretty good+

Posted August 6, 2011
@BrooklynBuff I intended to buy that initially, but they were sold out

I'm pleased with this protein I dont really have anything negative to say about it

There comes a time in every iron pumping barrel chested hero's life when the money is scarce and he's left with the ultimate life decision, buy high quality protein or buy toilet paper. This is where body fortress comes in, the cheapest most overlooked brushed off protein in today's modern way too technical world of protein. I bought this because buying a higher quality product just didnt fit my budget and in all honesty I was fairly surprised. What prompted me to write this review? To help all you broke barrel chested iron fiends.

I used this while on a lean bulk doing a 3 day split taking every fourth day off. Majority of my workout consisted of compound movements with complimentary isolation exercises. Im not going to get into before and after as protein products are just that, protein. This isnt supermechadianabol where the effects are noticeable in a week sorry to dissapoint.

--------TASTE/MIXABILITY (8)
I got the vanilla and to be honest this shizzz really surprised me with taste. I actually enjoyed it after my workouts considering I was expecting to taste like the backside of a donkey. It mixed really well in a shaker cup just a few clumps here and there but it wasnt a big deal. I only used it in a shaker a few times the rest i blended this with almond milk, ice cubes, raw honey and cinnamon to get dem fast acting carbs son! All in all solid taste, no issues here.

---------PROFILE (7)
This is the part that really surprised me when i was standing in that aisle at wal-mart embarrassed of myself for being there. On the ingredients it lists concentrate as the first ingredient and isolate as the second. The BCAA profile was decent I've seen better on other proteins. This even has L-glutamine in it... SCORE! and creatine monohydrate... DOUBLE SCORE!
At 140 calories per scoop with 2 grams of fat, 7 grams of carbs, and 26 grams of protein i'd say not bad at all.

--------EFFECTIVENESS (7)
The protein helps you reach your macro's for the day if your slacking. I suck at judging the effectiveness of a protein because its not something that isn't noticeable for the most part. With the BCAA's and glutamine in it i'll admit i didnt always feel sore the following day. As for the creatine, i never noticed it since I was using my purple STUFF. You know? Kre-Alkalyn.

--------VALUE (9)
At 14 dollars for a 2lb tub i'll give you two chocolate chip cookies and a gold star if you can find anything cheaper.

--------OVERALL (7)
Overall im pleased with this protein I dont really have anything negative to say about it. Would I recommend this? "Yeahhhhhh you'll make allll kindzzz of gainzzzz! yeahhhhh" I think I'm going to be coming back to this protein even when I'm not broke. From time to time when I'm feeling like a baller I might get some higher quality protein isolate. But in all seriousness if you ever find yourself tight on cash don't be afraid to walk down to wal-mart and get you one of these bad boys to hold you over.

....hope this helped anyone interested.

Pros:
Cons:
  • ...oh And Did I Say Cheap!?
  • Cheap
  • Food Stamp Protein
  • The Colt 45 Of Protein Shakes

Posted November 12, 2012
this was my first protein powder years ago, this, mass gainer and super nos.

Even though it made me fart every 3 seconds, i got amazing gains! The straberry tastes delicious with milk.

Nice review man. Rep+

Posted November 12, 2012
The farts i get every time i switch proteins for the first few days haha.
I never stray too far from vanilla but i might just give that strawberry a try now

Posted November 12, 2012
Cookies n Cream is closer to vanilla and in my opinion the best tasting of this product. But when the product is this cheap and your can find it at Walmart, taste is hard to come by.

mckadetalbot's Premium Whey Protein Review

So being only 16, I dont have a lot of money and what money I do have I usually blow on expensive supplements. Well I saw this at walmart and decided to give it a chance. I usually take AMP wheyabolic 60 and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two other than price.

Effectiveness:...

Effectiveness: Being a bmx racer I am not to worried about my weight gains but I will say that I have gained about 4 pounds on this a leaned out a lot. My favorite part is recovery, I train 6 days a week and need my recovery and this product delivers it!

Taste: I bought chocolate peanut butter and it tasted pretty good. It didn't really taste like peanut butter at all but I use water with mine so I don't know if that makes a difference. It kinda taste like coffee but it is still satisfying.

value: obviously the value is great, and if you go on line you can find 3, 2 pound tubs for around 40 bucks; that's 6 pounds of protein for the same price as a 2 pound of any name brand. And with the amount of bcaa and creatine you get, you cant beat it.

Mix-ability: I use a shaker cup 24/7 and it works just fine. Like i said before, I only use water. I have heard and read that if you use water it filters into your muscles faster. just a few flicks and your good to go.

Overall this a great product, especially if you are on a budget. I will for being keeping this in my stack.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Best Wallmart Supplement

AS79

Posted December 13, 2011
    generally you can find a
    5lb tub of myfusion for around $40 online.

Posted December 13, 2011
    True, but with an extra pound and practically the same results my choice is body fortress. I am sure myofusion is great though.

IGetMoney1's Premium Whey Protein Review

I have tried the chocolate flavor only. I have only tried one other type of protein mix. I have purchased Body Fortress 5 times (2lb jugs).
    I have made solid gains. It tastes good.
    I have made solid gains. It tastes good.
    I did not have any problems until tonight. I bought a jug that seemed to have a little something extra to it. There appears to be little white powder mixed in. At first I thought it was excess salt because it has changed the taste a little bit, but it does not dissolve in water as salt would. I am a little worried because the product is NOT inspected by anyone, it is simply "carefully manufactured". I worked in a "careful manufacturing" environment once and I know that sometimes things happen and EXTERNAL checks/inspections are the only thing that catches problems. I am considering trying some other brands, but cost is pretty high and still none are inspected by an external entity (to my knowledge). I want to keep up the gains, but I have to wonder if ingesting this product and the strange, ground up, plastic-like substance in this particular jug is worth it....
    IGNORE MY RATINGS. I do not feel that I can rate the product because I do not really have a basis of comparison. I can tell you that taking a couple scoops before and after I work out and occaisionally when I miss a meal has helped me achieve my goal of getting bigger. The effects that it has had on my overall health are still unknown to me. I am not sure if I will use it again. I probably will because I have trouble putting on weight without it.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Mostly Sugar
    • The Colt 45 Of Protein Shakes

jed2140

Tastes good and maintains my muscle

I love this protein powder guys. I have been using desighner whey for a long time but I made a switch and I am loving this product.
    First Imix with milk always, except for my wake and shake wher I use water.
    First Imix with milk always, except for my wake and shake wher I use water.
    It mixes crappy with milk and very nicely with water. Nice profile, lasts a long time for the price anh has nice amino's to boot.
    tastes good and maintains my muscle.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Maintains Muscle Mass
    • Cheap

gbganab

Didn't notice any real difference

I was running short on ON extreme chocolate milk and I needed something quick. It was on special for 12 bucks and cookies and cream sounded great! It tasted really good...didn't notice any real difference between that and ON's optimum. I mix my shakes with just water and I thought it was quite good. I'm going to try another brand but I know in the back of my head that this is probably just as good as anything else out there!

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Cookies N Cream!
      • Cheap

armrazzler87's Premium Whey Protein Review

i havnt had a lot of protein but i did gain a good bit of weight while drinking this it doesnt mix awesome but the little bits that where left were not horrible the taste is great and i didnt have any stomach issues that everone else is talking about i cant drink milk with out this stuff lol

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Cheap

deputy95's Premium Whey Protein Review

This is a good protein. Many people buy into the hype of the more expensive proteins. I have tried both and to be honest. I can't tell a difference. When I drank the more expensive proteins the sky's didn't open up and angels didn't sing. This is protein. I have not experienced any of the negatives of any of the others.....especially the bladder infection in the first hour of taking tha(hope you all don't believe that one...It is a good powered with an ok taste and mixes well.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Cheap

Posted April 16, 2011
          LOL "angels didn't sing" I liked that one+

This is one of the better proteins on the market

This is one of the better proteins on the market. I know that is hard to believe but if the label is right and you do the math it's true. 26 grams of protein per serving with 130 calories perserve that makes it 80% of the calories come from protein.
          (total grams of protein) 26
          x (number of...
          (total grams of protein) 26
          x (number of calories per gram of protein)4 = 104
          (number of calories of protein divided by total calories)
          104/130 = 80%.
          Please chcek the chocolate flavor for values other flavors have 140 calories per serving.
          This is the same standard as ON and above many other brands.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Cheap

Nutrexpert's Premium Whey Protein Review

We've all been here: the low-budget trip to Walmart to pick up a tub of protein just to hold you over until you can get the money for ON's Gold Standard Whey, or some other higher quality protein powder. I've used it and USP Labs Jack3d for a majority of my high school career. Needless to say, I don't still use it. Here's the specifics:

Taste: 9/10. The cookies and cream were incredible tasting, even with water. I loved it and could drink it as a normal beverage throughout the day if I wanted to. The texture isn't too chalky, like the chalkolate is (haha, get it?).
            The whey isolate version of this product only came in vanilla where I'm from, and the taste for that wasn't bad either (7.5/10). I'd prefer the isolate (as any lifter would) over the normal stuff, at just 7 dollars more per tub.

Recovery/effectiveness: 5/10. It's not a bad product, but I didn't notice a decrease in recovery time when I took it. There are much, much better products for recovery like Myogenix Aftershock, ON 2:1:1 recovery, and Allmax Isoflex.

Ingredient concoction: 4/10. This is where the product gets thrown in a ditch. The protein complex is almost entirely whey concentrate, the least absorptive of the three types of whey protein. It's basically the garbage bi-product of milk, and has only a 55%-60% bioavailability rate. Compared to whey isolate (90%), and whey hydrolysate (near 100%), this is not good. You're basically seeing all of your protein go into the toilet...literally. The amino count is decent, but hard to tell because the recovery wasn't quite there.

Price: 7.5/10. You basically get what you pay for with this product. It's a very cheap price at $14.99, but you're almost better off using the money to buy 10 dozen eggs and eating egg whites after you workout. That's what I would do if I was ballin' on a budget supplement wise. If you're a poor high school student, this isn't a bad option, and any protein is better than no protein. The isolate is $21.99 if you want to spend the extra money and get higher quality protein. This is probably the cheapest in terms of isolate powders.

The worst part about this protein is getting bad gas and being on the toilet more frequently. Other proteins don't do that to me. I would recommend Allmax Isoflex, Myogenix AfterShock, or most other proteins/post workout supplements before this one.

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Cheap
            • Cookies N Cream!