Angel Dust

By Blackstone Labs
Angel Dust Blackstone Labs
7.5/10
(Weighted average based on 4 Reviews)

Ranks #84 of 154 (better than 46%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Mooselini

Yo man, hey yo. Got any of dat angel dust on yo, bro? Yea yea cool man, I got tha money, I got tha money.

This stuff was crack. Now I was unknowingly sent this so I have to send a big shout out to Blackstone Labs. Before I get started I know everyone is like another pre workout so what? Well this certainly is not for the faint of heart, it packed a punch and through the whole tub it hit hard every time. Also I would like to add that the new formula has been updated to not include 1,3dimeth, which is a bummer, as I love that stuff. Anyway on to dat der review.

Taste- I had the Watermelon flavor and it was pretty good. Tasted more along the lines of a jolly rancher type. Now I wouldn’t want to sip on this everyday but it was not bad at all.

Effectiveness-9

Damn this was a strong pre workout and I have had the run of the mill when it comes to pre workouts. The 1,3 Dimeth just effects me differently than any other ingredients in todays preworkouts. This brought back old memories of the first time I tried Jack3d. Though it is dosed in a prop blend it felt like there was a good dose of everything listed in Angel Dust. For one thing there is agamtine included and every time I took this I blew up, even after a warm up set I was pumped to the max. I also had slight beta-alanine tingles every time I took this. For those 5am workouts this woke me up right away lol. I stuck with 1 scoop for the entirety of the product so I can only imagine the amount of energy you would get with a full 2 scoops.

Price-7

You can get this on Amazon for around $30-$40, which is a decent price. Like I said I would only stick to 1 scoop every time so the value was pretty good for me. Blackstone Labs does tend to run sales so Im sure you can find this on sale if you search around.

Overall-8

One of my favorite pre workouts I have ever tried. The best part is that it worked every time, without ever having to double or triple scoop. In the new Angel Dust they replaced the 1,3 dimeth with amp citrate because I guess that is the new ingredient that everyone will be using in future pre workouts. Overall I have to say that Angel Dust is a good pre-workout that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Def A 1 Scooper
  • Slightly Expensive

workoutguru

Posted May 6, 2014
Looks like a great pre-workout. I have really been wanting to try this for awhile now. Hopefully I get to try this soon.

hulkish1

Posted May 7, 2014
did you get the itch and paranoid feelin yo, last time i laced up the dust i was seenin demons....

nice review

Mooselini

Posted May 7, 2014
^^ bout ripped my eyeballs out

Legend in the Making

I've tried a few different pre-workouts and Angel Dust has become my new favorite. I started with Jack3d in the newer generation of pre workouts which I loved. This has similar ingredients to the old formula Jack3d but I feel the effects with only one scoop, rather than needing 2 to 3 scoops. My last few tubs of Jack3d actually seemed less effective than when I 1st started, even with almost 1yr off of pre-workouts. Im not one that abuses stim formulas even tho I like to use them. I reported using Presurge and feeling nothing with 2 scoops and feeling like near death with 3 scoops. The lesser the better for me, as long as I can feel effects.

Within 10 mins of taking Angel Dust, I feel the effects. I get the tingle/itch that many others know about from these supps. You're supposed to take it within 30 mins of working out but sometimes Im lazy to leave the house so early (5am workouts), but Im definitely awake.

I usually get there within 30-60 mins of taking it. Even if I get there 60 mins later I feel alert and get into a zone when training. I do feel the boost in mental focus and the energy is clean. I usually am able to push through my 5x5 much easier when using this. Squatting 3x a week can be rough and this has helped tremendously. The normal bodybuilding type workouts seem much easier in comparison at times. I can usually work at a faster pace and I'm sweating like a beast. I usually have enough energy left to do 30-45 mins of cardio and stretching. I don't notice any real crash later in the afternoon from it.

I can say I've been extremely pleased with this supplement. It's been easy to take the lemon flavor that I have and it doesn't need a ton of water like Presurge(which I hated). The only issue would be the price which may deter some, If you factor in that you may need 3 scoops of some other products then it evens out or may actually save you money. If you use lesser servings of other products then it may not be as cost effective for the average consumer.

I still would say its worth a try. For someone on a 5x5 it will last a long time (2.5 months) with one bottle, using the recommended 1 scoop serving. Its a top notch product to me based on my cost/use scenario but I took into account how it may play out for other people, especially a stim junkie who may exercise on PWOs 5-6 days a week.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Mental Focus
  • Enhanced Mood
  • May Not Be Cost Effective Based On Your Usage Even With One Scoop Scenario

Stay away

Ill try to make this short. I've been a big time weight lifter ever since I was 14, I'm 20 now. There aren't a lot of supplements out there that I haven't tried, especially pre workouts. Ive taken the original Jack3d, Nano vapor, N.O. xplode, Assault etc. One day I decided to try this stuff out and Ill be honest at first I loved it. I had probably the best workout in the past year or two and I honestly felt like a combination of Superman and Godzilla. But shortly after my workout things started to go south real fast. I was sitting down doing some homework when I noticed that my heart was still beating very fast, as if I was still lifting or running on a treadmill. I stood up to go get a drink and when I stood up I felt as if I just stepped off a roller coaster that did 10 flips in a row. Long story short my roommate called our schools public safety and they called in an ambulance to take me to a hospital (while in the ambulance not only did I think I was going to die but I literally thought my heart was going to explode). I was held there for 7 hours and was told that the ingredients in the supplement had; 1 dehydrated me, 2 drove my potassium levels dangerously low (I had 2 bags of liquid potassium put into me through IV) and 3 the 1-3 dimethyl whatever its called acted as a methamphetamine in my body and they said I was on the equivalent of crystal meth. Now I understand that everyone is different and not everyone will probably react to this the way I did but the fact that I've taken supplements with the 1-3 dimethyl in it and never had anything like this happen to me is pretty damn scary. Also the place I bought it from the guy there told me a kid bought some at his other store and the same thing happened to him, he had a real bad anxiety/panic attack and thought he was having a heart attack and had to go the hospital. So in closing, if you want to role the dice with this stuff go ahead but don't be surprised if a little while after you take it you find yourself calling 911 and telling them you think your heart is about to explode in your chest.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Caused Massive Anxiety/panic Attack
  • Rushed To Hospital
  • Have Heard Of Others Go To The Hospital While On This

pxpxp

Posted March 5, 2014
That's bad man. If I were you I'd contact Blackstone on this issue. If they back up their product, hopefully they might give you some swag or even better, pay your hospital bill for the inconvenience. IMO.

Posted March 5, 2014
That must be quite the ER to make all those sweeping pronouncements...

irondude

Posted March 5, 2014
probably you should had start with 1/2 of the serving. what was your heart rate before the ambulance came?, thats strong stuff and your age, stress level and nutrition can have something to do.

Posted March 5, 2014
And just to clarify, I negged this because I have no idea what to make of a product that is 9 in effectiveness, 5 in value, yet 0 overall.

Posted March 5, 2014
Most pres tell you to asses your tolerance like iron dude pointed out, should have started with a 1/2 scoop. This is assuming you only took one scoop.

Either way, glad your ok

Posted March 5, 2014
I put it at 9 effectiveness because up until I went to the hospital it seemed like a great product, it does do what it says it does and thats get you ridiculously jacked up, and I know that what happened to me most likely won't happen to everyone who tries it. And it could've been the whole tolerance thing but like I said above I had been on other products with 1-3 in them and I started out with 1 scoop on those as well and nothing ever happened. Also my resting heart rate before I got into the ambulance was around 150, a bit high for a RESTING heart rate

Posted March 5, 2014
I gave you a plus rep but I agree with lava on being confused with the scores but I know exactly how you feel.

one day I took the original Hyde with 1,3 and I had a massive anxiety attack on my way home from the gym. I had to pull over and slam on my breaks because I thought I was going to die.

I dont fully blame it on the products as I did abuse it. I work out 10 days strait sometimes and along with added stress from work, college, rent, gorls, etc I guess it all added up and Hyde was the breaking point that day.

im just curious if you went over the recommended dosage or took it everyday without any days off. The electrolyte imbalance and dehydration could have and should have been avoided by proper precautions but thanks for the warning.

Im sorry this happened to you, but im happy im not the only weirdo who has had a bad experience like this.

Posted March 5, 2014
This all happened on the very first day I tried this so I can promise you it was not from abusing it as besides it being my first day I took about 3/4 of a full scoop. Again I've been on many other products with 1-3, such as the original jack3d and even hyde, and took 1 full scoop on the first day with those and nothing on this scale ever happened to me. I'm just trying to let people know what this stuff has the potential to do to you.

Posted March 5, 2014
Bro, the problem here is that you neglected the power that the scooper contains

Posted March 5, 2014
I'm curious - did you continue to take the rest of the tub or stop after your first dose?

Posted March 5, 2014
Stopped taking it after that happened

Posted March 5, 2014
No problem. I can certainly understand your thinking on alerting people of your experience via a review but generally it's not a good idea to check off the "I finished a tub" box just to post a review. Not ragging on you and I'm not absolutely sure of the rules. However, I'm pretty sure that only taking 1 serving isn't enough to write a review. I'll defer to others on this.

Posted March 5, 2014
Just wanted to put the word out there thats all. And they recently reformulated this so theres no more 1-3 in it so now its probably pretty safe to take

Posted March 5, 2014
They replaced it with AMP!

Not calling you out but I thought you stated that at first you loved it and in one of your posts you said you had the side effects from the first dose. Just trying to clear things up.

Posted March 5, 2014
Not a problem Ill clear it up. So when I first said I liked it I was talking in terms of before I got hit with the side effects about an hour after I finished working out. Before I felt the side effects I thought I found the new jack3d or something. But then a couple minutes later everything went south and then I completely changed my outlook on it.

Posted March 5, 2014
Ahh thanks yeah same for me... had a really good "high" but horrid come down

cjm502

Posted March 5, 2014
Awww shiiii I need to get me some of this

Great pre-workout

After countless tubs of Jack3d and Superpump 250, I was happy to try a new product.with other products i have to use 2 or more servings, with this 1 is just enough. to have that high intensity workout that everyone plans on having. The energy I get from Angle Dust is the cleanest energy I have ever experienced.My strength has steadily increased in all my lifts while on Angle dust. Overall, I would strongly recommend it.

sdunlimited

Posted November 25, 2013
I saw your intro post saying you're new at this and trying to figure it all out. Here's a little bit of advice to insure your reviews get positive reps going forward rather than negatives like this one:

Take a minute to look through the reviews on the home page that have the highest number of positive reps. Structure yours along those lines. Instead of just a few lines that make sense to you, take a little time to describe your experience with the product in detail.

The people who frequent this site and use it as a resource like to get a well rounded perspective of what a product did or didn't do for someone. Sure, some don't need to be overly long - believe me, I'm the worst offender when it comes to writing overly long reviews - but it should be thorough and touch upon relevant points that others can benefit from.

Good luck~