Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Recovery > BioRhythm > AfterGlow

BioRhythm AfterGlow

AfterGlow BioRhythm
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (39 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for AfterGlow (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
46.99 Buy AfterGlow Thousands of Supplements! Buy AfterGlow
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
PMD Platinum Pump Fuel Reviews
Platinum Pump Fuel (37 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
BioRhythm Arnge Krush Reviews
Arnge Krush (12 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

MHP Dark Matter Reviews
Dark Matter (109 Reviews)
Myogenix AfterShock Recovery Reviews
AfterShock Recovery (52 Reviews)
8.9
Optimum 2:1:1 Recovery Reviews
2:1:1 Recovery (26 Reviews)
Optimum Platinum Hydro Builder Reviews
Platinum Hydro Builder (25 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

AfterGlow 4lbs 64$ and other good deals
I dont know if they put several of these deals up by mistake or what but GNC has...

Biorythm AfterGlow 4# tubs for 69.99 Performance Nutrition
I score big on Biorythm Afterglow when GNC had the BOGO with a 30%off bonus. If ...

30% Off of Virtually Everything at GNC (Online Only) Including AfterGlow!
Use Code VIRTUAL for 30% off your order, also includes 1.99$ flat rate shipping....

GNC 20% off everything, including AfterGlow
COUPON CODE: DAYAFTER IF you get afterglow with shipping it comes out to about ...

Should i go with Biorhythm AfterGlow?
Ive used it before, its solid but so dang expensive. Do you guys think its worth...

Looking for a protein that tastes like AfterGlow!
I received a tub of Bazooka Fruit Afterglow from a friend who tried it and didn&...

Biorythm AfterGlow Watermelon EXP 6/15
3 sealed units each 1920g (4.23lbs) shipment with DHL international photo availa...

Aftershock vs AfterGlow
They seem comparable in some areas, and not so much in others. Has anyone compar...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

AfterGlow is a post workout recovery product. It is a blend of fast absorbing carbohydrates, protein and branched chain amino acids to optimize the anabolic window. It is notorious for having an amazing taste, but the price is its only downfall.

AfterGlow Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    AfterGlow Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tastes Great (33)
    • Reduces Soreness (27)
    • Great For Recovery (27)
    • Builds Muscle (22)
    • Too Expensive (18)
    • Wish It Would Last Longer (10)
    • Pricey (8)
    • Small And Pricy (5)
    March 21, 2014

Age: 40

March 21, 2014
    Recovery Like This Is Absolutely Worth It To Me

BioRythm’s Afterglow is a product that has had my interest for a while now. I’ve seen it touted as the ‘Best Recovery Product Available’, ‘Way over-priced’, ‘Worth every penny’, ‘Filled with cheap ingredients’ and more. Opinions on this product seem to cover the entire spectrum from positive to negative. Excellent recovery is something I yearn for and Afterglow has had enough positive reviews on it where it was worth a shot.

Profile Overview

Some reviewers have already posted up the entire profile here but I encourage you to check it out for yourself at BioRythm’s website. All their marketing info for Afterglow plus the nutrition label can be found here: http://biorhythm.us/categories/product-category/after-glow/#
    The key ingredient standouts (per 2 scoop serving) for me are:
    - Glutamine – 7.5g
    - Cissus Quadrangularis – 1g
    - Phosphatidylserine – 800mg

Other ingredients I found important with respect to recovery are:
    - Unrefined Evaporated Cane Juice (simple carbs) ~26g
    - Whey Protein Isolate ~20g

You’ll note that those are ‘approximate’ dosages because the label mentions 32g carbs with 26g as ‘unrefined’ and the singular amino acids are contributing to the total protein content listed as 20g on the label.

The label recommends taking a two scoop (60g) serving 15-30 minutes post workout. Some days I would take it immediately after working out, others I’d take it anywhere from 10-45 minutes post workout. In any case, I personally didn’t notice a measurable difference in affect.
    As other reviewers have said this has got to be one of, if not THE best tasting supplements on the market. I could slam this down without hesitation but always drank it slowly or moderately rather than making myself feel sick with a huge influx of ingredients. I have now tried every flavor and have no complaints. My favorite is Bazooka Fruit closely followed by Watermelon. If nothing else, get your hands on a single serving sample to try and see what you think – Delicious!
    It foams a lot when shaken and I always had about an inch or more of foam at the bottom of my cup when I was done with it. I’d run some more water into the cup and drink that down to insure I’m getting every last microgram of ingredient ;)

Afterglow flat out works for me. It helps to speed up my recovery, reduce DOMS and make the entire process of lifting, eating, sleeping, recovering, etc better. Now please bear in mind that this may be a component of age as well. As I’ve gotten older, effective recovery has become more elusive. All of you younger folks may recall these words 15-20yrs down the road when it catches up with you too. It’s just a consequence of aging however, for now, and hopefully into the future we have a product like Afterglow that can help tip the scales back in our favor.
    Beyond reduced DOMS and improved recovery time there are a couple more aspects of Afterglow that are worth mentioning. The 800mg dose of Phosphatidylserine (PS) is big – and effective by any measure I can attest to. PS is an ingredient that helps combat/reduce cortisol and when taken post-workout, should in effect immediately get to work on bringing those levels down. Interestingly, this apparently also has a suppressive effect on appetite. I kid you not, after drinking a single serving of Afterglow post-workout, it KILLS my appetite. After drinking it, I could go for several hours without eating. Since I didn’t really want to do this during some of my usage of this product, I found that drinking Afterglow while eating a meal (typically dinner for me as I workout after I get home from work and before dinner) would allow me to get in some solid food as well. On the flipside of that, if you’re cutting and restricting calories I can’t think of a much better way to do so since you’re getting (in my opinion) some high quality ingredients from this product. PS is expensive. No two ways about it. I’ve tried to find PS on it’s own to see if I could take an 800-1,000mg dose post workout and compare to Afterglow but I seriously could not find it cheap enough to do so. BioRythm must buy a literal ton of it to get their costs down cheap enough. With the best deals I could find online, it would still cost me right around $70 for 32 ~800mg doses of PS alone. For that money, I would rather stick with Afterglow.
    Finally there’s the overall sense of ‘feeling better’ I get when integrating Afterglow into my regimen. The compounded effect of the quality ingredients, improved recovery, less DOMS, etc really does have (as corny as it may sound) a positively life-altering benefit to it.

Afterglow is not cheap but can be found for what I consider a reasonable price. For my money however, it is worth it – every penny. I have a local retailer where I can go in and get this off the shelf for ~$70 for a 4.23lb container. That’s 32 servings after 32 individual workouts. I only consumed this after lifting sessions (not after cardio) and, on average, that’s 4 times per week for me. A 4lb container is approximately 8wks worth based on my schedule. Yes, it’s over $2 per serving however, the net benefit affects that I experience with this, compounded over time, make it absolutely worthwhile. At the price I’m able to get Afterglow for it will remain a staple in my regimen.

Afterglow is the best, most effective recovery product I’ve used. Why doesn’t it have a 9 or 10 rating? I’m cheap and would love to get this even more reasonably priced if possible. Also, there’s the potential for an ingredient tweak here and there as time goes on and more effective ingredients are introduced that could make Afterglow even better.
    I highly recommend you give this a shot and you can do so affordably. For example, years ago I got a free single serving sample with an order from somewhere and it sat on my shelf for months. I finally gave it a go and thought it was a complete placebo effect because I felt so good after taking that single serving. Since then I have now gone through pounds of this product with stunningly consistent results. You could spring for the 2.1lb container that has 16 servings in it as a reasonably priced way to try Afterglow. It’s really not much more than what you’d pay for a quality protein product but it should last just as long or longer when used exclusively post workout. And, the benefits you get from it (in my opinion) will be better than what you’d get from that protein alone.

Thank you to the folks at BioRythm for allowing the Expert Reviewer Team to trial and review this product for them. I hope this helps you gain a better perspective of this product and assists in your decision to purchase.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Effectively Dosed Ingredients
    • Tastes Great
    • Reduces Soreness
    • Great For Recovery
    • Very Foamy

Reputation: +2879
    Dat Der Ion Exchange! :)

workoutguru
    workoutguru

Joined: 7/2009
    Reviews: 84
    Reputation: +886
    Good review. I just started taking this and so far really liking it a lot. This is my first time ever trying this. Looking forward to seeing what this product will do for me as seeing all the good reviews on this.

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 11
    Reputation: +808
    Awesome review, I've tried the bazooka fruit and the taste is insane. Like liquid crack.. It's just so dang expensive. I get the same results from dark matter at half the price

Joined: 1/2013
    Reputation: +1067
    BB - I have yet to try Dark Matter but it's on the list of things to run. I'd like to try and get a good deal on both Dark Matter and Aftershock to see how they compare.
    Like you said though, the taste and results from Afterglow are great and have me hooked!

stupidmove
    stupidmove

Joined: 10/2012
    Reviews: 1
    Reputation: +14
    It just went off Wednesday, but GNC.com was 45% off BEFORE the goldcard. They had watermelon, bazooka fruit, and cherry bomb, 4lb tubs for $45!

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 11
    Reputation: +808
    Wow bro, that's an awesome deal^^^^

pfajgen
    pfajgen

Joined: 12/2013
    Reputation: +3
    @sdunlimited great review! I've been taking this for about a month now, using both orange push up and bazooka fruit. Both are amazing for recovery and have great taste. I'm also interested in trying aftershock, wonder how they compare.

Reply #8:

Joined: 9/2011
    Reviews: 16
    Reputation: +1988
    Excellent review my friend!!!!

January 28, 2014

Meuth

Reviews: 40

Age: 37

January 28, 2014
    Best tasting post workout ever (at a price)!

Thank you BioRhythm for allowing me to use and review a container of After Glow. After Glow has been around for a long time and I have heard great things about its post workout recovery properties. After Glow is a post workout recovery drink that targets the “anabolic window” post workout. Here is my experience:

Taste 12/10 Bazooka Fruit

Yes, 12! This is the BEST tasting post workout I’ve ever tried. In fact, I’ve only tried one that was even playing on the same field in taste. Most of us will “man up” and take a bad tasting supplement if we see results with it and eventually get used to it. I actually looked forward to completing my workout just so I could mix this up and drink it. This flavor didn’t really have one flavor that stood out (the front has strawberries, blue berries, black berries, raspberries, and then what I believe are oranges or mangos and limes). It’s a great mixture of these that honestly, the Kool-Aid man needs to look into. No issues with mixing. Always nice and smooth with the right amount of H2O.

Profile 8/10

There sure is a lot of stuff in here! So let’s talk about the stuff!

100% Unrefined Evaporated Cane Juice: It’s here to replenish glycogen in a healthy organic form. Just like refined sugar, it will create an insulin spike that will aid in the muscles uptake of aminos, protein, and creatine for example. It is composed mostly of sucrose and has the same sweetening properties as refined sugar so your drink will taste better!

You can read the other reviews where the protein source is discussed. Personally for me, it’s not my main source of protein for the day and it’s supposed to be the most biological available. That means it should give you the quickest bang for your buck during the window. I’m good with that.

KreAlkalyn at 1g: So Kre is a debatable subject on if it is better than mono or not. I have personally had better experiences with Kre than mono so I do like it but to each his own. However, 1g is not enough. 3-5 is the recommended serving. I can only think that 1g is assuming you are not just getting creatine from this source? It does show up in a lot of pre workouts and even proteins today so maybe that is it?

That’s all the profile I wanted to go into detail on. The label reads like this:
    2 scoops
    Phosphatidylserine cortisol suppressant 800mg
    R-ALA anti-oxidant 100mg
    Pomegranate powder anti oxidant 750mg
    Grape seed extract anti-oxidant 3mg

I didn’t put all the vitamins but there is a sufficient amount. This is a very solid profile. I’m a little disappointed in the Kre amount however. I say either put enough in there to make the 3-5g or take it out and save some cost.

Effectiveness 8/10

What can I say? It works. I could tell a difference in my recovery when on this for sure. It wasn’t mind boggling recovery because I do take in a lot of macros a day so I usually have plenty of quality calories on hand to rebuild with. I did notice that on my deadlift and squat days that my legs and back seemed to be less sore when I got up in the morning. It took less stretching when I got out of bed to get them moving.

To be honest, I ran out of intra while I was using this too. I started making this after my major compound movement for the day and finished out my workout with it. I partially did this because it tastes so good but also because I could get a quick endurance boost out of it to finish out the isolation movements. This was my preferred way to use it instead of strictly afterwards.

I workout in the afternoons right now. Lava mentioned a crash but I never had that since I normally eat within 2 hours after my workouts anyway. I encourage you to read his review on his crash for your own information.

Value 6/10

This is really a hard one. If you take all the extras that are in this above and beyond protein and add that cost into your normal protein, it still makes this seem slightly expensive. I do use most of the things in here in some form but not all at the same time probably. It is very convenient to have them all in one powder but at $3.75/serving, it’s a bit much. There are RTDs for this too but they even come in at $4-5 a serving.

Overall 7/10

I really struggled with this rating. In terms of effectiveness and taste, it’s easily 8. The value takes a huge hit however and while I debated putting it at overall 6 because it’s just too expensive for the casual gym rat, I felt 6.5 with a round up to 7 was more appropriate. This is a well put together product with an amazing taste. Would I suggest to try it? If it fits your budget and you want to use something besides a whey protein that is “milky” give it a shot! For the casual gym rat I’d try and find a single serving packet and give that a shot just to say you’ve tried it. Maybe it’s good enough that you will splurge and spend the money, maybe you won’t. The product is quality but you will pay for it. So, my maybe is based on your pocketbook basically.

I would love to see them try and reduce the cost of this some. I know that is hard to do without reducing the quality but I would use this on the regular if they could for sure!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Reduces Soreness
    • Great For Recovery
    • Lists Everything On The Label
    • Uses Real Sugar(not Artifical)
    • Builds Endurance
    grldrgn
    grldrgn

Joined: 1/2011
    Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +398
    Great review, I've never had another pre-workout that tastes as good as AG!

Reviews: 82

Age: 47

January 2, 2014
    Impressive but cost/benefit doesn't favor the novice

Afterglow is a product that I’ve had on my radar for a long time but until recently I didn’t think that it would fit into my personal training methods. Over the past few months I have gradually changed how I approach training nutrition (specifically post workout carbs) and as a result was happy to give this a try when it became available to the ER team. Many thanks to the guys at BioRhythm!

Profile: 8/10
    In my opinion, the primary factor of whether or not Afterglow is for you is how you view post workout carb intake. If you only use protein post workout, or prefer complex carbs, then this is not a product for you as there is no way around the fact that a standard 2 scoop serving contains 32g of carbs, 26g of them from simple sugars. You could use a single scoop and add additional protein, but for the purpose of this review, I stuck with the recommended 2 scoop serving.

Others have done a fine job detailing the ingredients but for me the short version is that it’s a solid profile for what it desires to achieve. You get the simple carbs (can juice and glucose polymers) to spike insulin and then protein and aminos to help rebuild. Phosphatidylserine is included for cortisol control and R-ALA for energy support, antioxidant properties and glucose metabolism. Other antioxidants and aminos are also included for the sole purpose of helping the body rebuild and replenish after training using free form aminos and protein. Creatine is also included in the form of KreAlk.

Others have given this a lower mark due to the inclusion of ion exchange whey. I personally do not have quite the issue with that in this specific product since the ion exchange process is designed to strip as much fats and carbs from the protein as possible and generally results in whey with the highest amounts of aminos (although at the cost of other beneficial properties). Would I want to use ion exchange as my sole source of protein – no. However, its inclusion in this doesn’t really bother me since the entire product is formulated to deliver aminos as fast as possible – thus limiting fats and carbs from the whey is significant. Perhaps something like PeptoPro would be a better choice but that would make an expensive product even more expensive so at the end of the day, I really don’t take issue with it. But again, it’s a different mindset then what we normally look for in whey supplements.

Taste & Mixing: 10/10
    I had the bubblegum flavor and it’s fantastic. I have become a huge fan of these post workout proteins that mix in water and have a very “Gatorade” taste, texture and appearance as opposed to the heavier “milk-like” texture and consistency that most whey products have. This mixed up clean and clear with minimal grit. Foaming was what is to be expected and quickly settled. It was quite easy to either sip or chug.

Afterglow is touted as a superior recovery product and I will say that I do not consider any single product the key to better recovery, nor have I ever received noticeably improved recovery benefits using a single product (including BioGro). For me, the entire nutrient intake during the day is far more important. That being said, my recovery actually fell off a bit with this, although muscle growth and strength improved. I attribute that to the fact that Afterglow tends to be a superior supplement for training progression and/or muscle growth. And if you look at what most of us are trying to achieve through training that would make sense. As a result I was seeing slightly improved muscle mass and hardness beyond what I see when I just take a typical whey supplement post workout. I also experimented with taking this about half way through my training and it delivered a superior pump and fullness; again, no real surprise there due to the carbs.

For me, the greatest drawback to using Afterglow was that I really had to pay attention to my food intake in the few hours afterwards or I would suffer a crash or fatigue; however, once I started eating breakfast an hour or so afterwards, things improved. This is very similar to the methods used by John Meadows and after doing a little homework, I was able to work the kinks out of how I used this and started to see some positive progress.

Ok, Im going to get blasted for this, but I do not see Afterglow as a terribly poor value if you are a person who trains using the approach/methods I touched upon earlier. If you are a person who normally takes two scoops of whey and calls it a day then Afterglow is a terrible value. A tub of Afterglow is going to set you back $60- $70 dollars for 16 servings. That’s in the $4.00 per serving range and that’s a pretty rich neighborhood. Too rich for my blood, but not because of what you get, but because I simply don’t train in a manner that makes it worth it for me personally. For me, the real cost/benefit comparison comes not in comparing Afterglow to a whey isolate but comparing it to something like 360Post or SSP Nutrition, two products that I’ve rated highly in the past and use a carb-centric approach to post workout nutrition. And even that comparison falls short since really this is a product that one would consider in comparison with say, BioTest Plazma. But at the end of the day I simply can’t leverage a product like Afterglow for additional performance gains in the gym. So for me personally, value is lower.

There are many things that I really liked about Afterglow, and those positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion. But the main consideration for using a product like this is really your own individual training style and needs. This is top tier or luxury product in my opinon and not to be confused, nor compared, with a standard whey or whey/carb blend. And that's not necessarily a bad thing - Omega Sports Strive is such a product but I was able to integrate that into my training in a beneficial manner; I simply can't do that with this.

For the average recreational lifter, this is a tough sale at its current price point. I was glad to get the chance to try it and for people at a higher level of training intensity or people who use Mountain Dog or CBL methods, you may well want to give this a try.

irondude
    irondude

Joined: 5/2013
    Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +245
    sooooo pricey, I'll stick with my gummy bears and protein shake!!!

Joined: 2/2012
    Reviews: 82
    Reputation: +3576
    No doubt, but I look at all the goofy stacks that people waste money on and what those cost so I'd rather spend $70 on this than $150 on some natty test stack

Joined: 1/2013
    Reputation: +1067
    Lava - can you provide a few more details on the post workout/post Afterglow food choices you made to prevent the crash you were getting?
    Curious as to what worked and what didn't.

I'm finding that my appetite gets quite suppressed post workout after drinking this.

Clipper83

Reviews: 80

Age: 24

January 2, 2014
    So hyped up, just not worth it

A big shout out to BioRhythm for hooking me up with the famous recovery product AfterGlow. I've used several sample bottles of this in the past, and always loved the way it tasted. I kind of like the idea behind this product, but after doing some research and going through a tub, I now have a different view on this.

Profile:

Pros-
    There are some nice things in this, I love the amount of potassium in here. 1.37 grams is a very good amount. A gram of taurine, some Cissus(I personally don't respond to it, but many do so I see it as a pro) are good. Grape Seed Extract is good for blood pressure and is a good antioxidant. 7.5grams of glutamine is nice, however, I still find glutamine unnecessary, as I have never gotten much benefit from it... others will disagree. The use of real sugar is nice too.

The use of R-ALA is awesome, as opposed to the cheap ALA. The R is a biologically active component of ALA and is required for absorption. Having this in a post workout is nice in theory, because it enhances glucose uptake.

Cons-
    Alright, there are a good amount of pros here, but there is a BIG con here. I am very much against the use of Ion-Exchange whey. If you don't know what it is, it's basically whey that has been so denatured, which can actually hinder some benefits of whey. This process kills some essential amino acids and hinders the use of certain vitamins and minerals.(Thank you Petey for giving me plenty of lectures on this over XBL)

I wish BioRhythm would me more open about what forms of vitamins and minerals are used in this. It would be good to know whether or not the minerals are carbonate or citrate form, or whether the B12 is methylcobalamin or cyanocobalamin.

Not too fond of Kre-Alkalyn, not because is doesn't work, more because it's underdosed and probably makes this product more expensive.

Taste/Mix:(9.4/10)

This stuff tastes awesome. I enjoyed the watermelon flavor a lot. It tastes like a certain candy I've had before, but I can't remember which one. I'm thinking Airheads, but I'm still not sure if that's it. It smells great too! I loved smelling the tub every time I opened it lol.

It mixes fairly well too, sometimes though I would notice clumps at the bottom of my cup once I was done, even though I always shook it rather well.

Effectiveness:(4/10)

Despite me liking the idea of this product, it just did not work as I had hoped. I expected less DOMS, but that just did not happen. I was getting as sore as ever when I took this. I did some light rear delt work 3 days ago, and my whole upper back is still sore! All I can really give it credit for are the good sources(some) of ingredients. It was also good at keeping my appetite suppressed post-workout.

I also wanted to see how this worked for immunity, due to the glutamine and other ingredients in there.... Here I am, writing this review with a cold... enough said.

Value:(3/10)

Yeah, this stuff is expensive. I know AfterGlow has some nice ingredients in there, but for 16 servings and the lack of results, I see no reason to ever buy this. Not worth the $60+ you spend on it at all. (The price was taken off of bb.com)

Overall:(3.5/10)

I cannot recommend this. I'd rather you buy some good whey, and if you are into fast-digesting carbs post workout, buy some Gatorade powder or straight dextrose. If you like some of the ingredients, like I do, get them by themselves(the PS and R-ALA in this case), but I would highly advise against spending your money on any Ion-Exchange whey product.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • R-ala
    • Tastes Great
    • Uses Real Sugar(not Artifical)
    • Ion-exchange Whey

Joined: 1/2012
    Reputation: +2384
    Wes Welker uses this so it explains why the pats had to release him..lmfao!!

Sweet review as always Clipper!!

Joined: 11/2013
    Reputation: 0
    Thank you to all the Expert Reviewers and replies to their detailed accounts. Biorhythm and AfterGlow has developed a strong grass roots following over the years and we appreciate all honest feedback. Your comments are great tools for improvement of our brand.

Occasionally we like to chime in to add to the discussion. Reviewer Clipper83 called attention to the Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate in AfterGlow. While it is true the ion exchange process will damage some naturally present anti-bodies and digestive aids in the raw protein, there are specific benefits to this process. The first benefit is less fat. The studies on recovery indicate fat can slow the nitrogen uptake in the post workout environment. Our goal was to have virtually zero grams of fat. In fact, there is less than 0.25g of fat per serving. The second benefit of ion exchange filtering process yields a very low lactose level. Both fat and lactose are not the best thing to have in your stomach after 60 minutes of intense training. To address the slight reduction of anti-bodies, digestive aids and some amino acids, we re-fortified AfterGlow with powerful anti-oxidants (by the way anti-oxidants are highly recommended if you use a nitric oxide booster), BCAA’s and glutamine. The use of WPI nearly guarantees fast absorption even if an ion exchange filtering process is used. Add in AfterGlow’s vitamin and mineral fortification and the “cons” of the filtering method have all been addressed thoroughly.

Every aspect of recovery needs are addressed in AfterGlow; protein, carbs, vitamins, amino acids, anti-oxidants and even cortisol suppressants. Because of this (and despite the price), the overall user experience has been extremely favorable. However, no one supplement works for everybody. Additionally, no one supplement is the end all be all answer to your fitness goals. The user must still understand their body type. The appropriate diet and exercise program has always been and will always be the most important component to achieving your fitness goals. So yes, you can take AfterGlow and still experience DOMS. You can take AfterGlow and still be susceptible to catching a cold. But that is just common sense though, right?

Visit our new website (www.biorhythm.us) and feel free to ask us nutrition questions. We employ a Registered Dietitian who will use his education and 10+ years of clinical and sports nutrition experience to customize a meal plan based on your lifestyle and experience…all free of charge of course.

Thanks again for all of your support and input!
    Mark Mangieri
    Founder and CEO, ES Inc. & Biorhythm

June 20, 2010

Age: 32

June 20, 2010
     Finally got my hands on some AfterGlow (roughly 15 servings). Friend of mine was cycling off creatine and sold it to me for much below market price.

I have run all sorts of recovery drinks. (Aftershock, Torrent, 2:1:1). Currently I prefer Aftershock, but wanted to give this a fair shake.

How I ran it: I was skeptical on the ingredients due to only 20g of WPI and 36g of carbs. Ran this along side Gluta-lyn and the standard Kre-Alkalyn cycle. Also supplemented 10g of additional hydrowhey about 30 minutes after AfterGlow.

Effectiveness 10+: Recovery was amazing. Love the 2:1 ratio. Better than aftershock and 2:1:1. Can't think of a better product. Most notably on Leg split. Soreness is reduced. I think it can be attributed to the 2:1 ratio and a new ingredient that I wasn't too familiar with (phosphatidylserine 800mg). This ingredient is very expensive and reduces cortisol making it anti-catabolic. This had to be the item that makes this product work better than the other recovery drinks.

Taste 10+: All I can say is wow. The watermelon flavor is great. I thought tropical typhoon of Aftershock tastes great, well AfterGlow makes that taste like motor oil.

Value/Price 6: This is the huge and only downfall. Even with the great effectiveness, it can not be justified with the high price tag. Even with the phosphatidylserine in it (which adds about $30 per tub). I hope BioRhythm has the smarts to drop the price to more reasonable.

Conclusion 8.5: Overall I was really impressed with the results, however the price is a huge hurdle and one that can't be overlooked. My recommendation, if money is no object, check this out. Even if you don't use it as part of your standard cycle. Otherwise, Aftershock is a good alternative that provide close results.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • 2:1 Ratio
    elirugger
    elirugger

Joined: 11/2009
    Reviews: 2
    Reputation: +197
    Great review man! Can't wait to get my hands on some of this some day...

SoulMonkey
    SoulMonkey

Reviews: 17
    Reputation: +323
    You're like the only person I know that's taken this. Good review, broski.

Manimal
    Manimal

Joined: 11/2009
    Reviews: 55
    Reputation: +3478
    Damn Fine review from mah man blade, as always!

Adammazda06
    Adammazda06

Reviews: 17
    Reputation: +79
    I am not sure how much you paid for this, but performance nutrition has the best price I have found. I don't think they can sell it online, but you can call them and order it. I am on my 6th tub. Not sure why I haven't reviewed it yet.

thx for the review. 2 questions;
    1.) i take con-cret & was wondering if i can still take it pre-w.o. w the 1000g of kre-ak in afterglow?
    2.) does adding a scoop of extra protein to this or take separate like u did have different effects?

Reputation: +2879
    1.) Yes, you can pre workout is fine to take con-cret
    2)Yes you can add an extra scoop of protein. I wouldn't go over 40 total.
    3.) This stuff is insanely expensive dude, I would recommend being in 2:1:1

Reputation: 0
    thanks Blade, appreciate the response!

Reply #8:

Reviews: 81
    Reputation: +1135
    At my local GNC this thing is like $90+ dollars... F THAT!

Reply #9:
    AdamG
    AdamG

Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +1
    I get the 4.26 lb tub for $85 shipped to my house. Email me at beta1n@yahoo.com for the contact info.

September 30, 2013

Age: 48

September 30, 2013
    Hype or the real deal?

There are two types of reviewers for this sup believers and non-believers. The twins on youtube bash the product while most on here seem to like it but hate the cost. Turns out, I am believer and will continue to be as long as the price is right.

My review;
    Taste 10/10
    I went through two tubs, Bazooka Fruit and Orange Pushup. I know, I know, just asking for orange pushup will test any guys manliness but it was worth the embarrassment.. Orange p/u tastes like Tang and mixed well in my blender bottle. No issues with clumping. Bazooka Fruit was just as good and had zero after taste. The taste is awesome. I would mix two scoops w 20 0z ice cold water and the flavor was true and not watered down.

Effectiveness; 10/10
    No better test than the DOMS test after a brutal leg day. Again, I was skeptical like most but wound up being sold and a believer. I am 6'3" cursed w chicken legs and have to work damn hard to add size. I push myself to the point of lightheaded and nausea and the DOMS can be brutal for after a good leg day. Two scoops right after, sometimes during, helped with recovery like no other supplement. I am a little sore the next two days but not anywhere near without using the afterglow.

No side effects to speak of, no bloat no nausea. No water weight gain. As for benefits, No crash after hard workout. Recovered faster, I tended to push harder. As for size, it is a byproduct of hard work and being able to push more in the gym.

Cost 7/10
    I was hesitant due to the Outrageous Price. It retails for 100.00 or more for a 4.23# tub. I have to give a BIG Thank You to Adammazda06 for the heads up on the best price so far 69.99 + shipping from Performance Nutrition for a 4# tub all flavors.

You have to call in as they don't sell it online or if you are lucky enough to live in MA walk in.

Ingredient profile 10/10
    ; Been covered ad nauseum but here we go:
    2 scoops 60g gets you 20g protein (whey protein isolate), 32g carbs, 7.5 g L-Glutamine, L-leucine akg 1375mg,l-valine akg 625 akg, l-isoleuci akg 625mg, taurine krealkalyn (creatine), Cissus Quandrangularis (joints),Phosphatidylserine (cortisol blocker), pomegranate powder, R-ALA and grape seed extract.

Like everyone has said before me, I don't know how they justify the retail price and hope they realize they would sell more if they lowered the price. They would easily make up the cost in volume sales because it is a quality product and it works.

At 18.00-20.00 a pound this product is pricey but worth it if you push hard and want a great recovery product.

Again, I was a skeptic at first but bit the bullet when I found a deal.

Reputation: +267
    Damn, these kind of reviews make me want to get some. But I then see the $58 tag for 16 serving in amazon and forget about it.

Reputation: +63
    Call Performance Nutrition in Mass. 69.00 for a 4# tub any flavor. Cheapest price around. It's a great change from regular chocolate and Vanilla..

Reputation: +267
    I'd love to. I live abroad though man.

Reviews: 81
    Reputation: +1135
    Got this on a GNC Bogo 30% discount 2 2.2lb tubs for $50, winner winner chicken dinner, I love this stuff

Joined: 11/2013
    Reputation: 0
    Just an FYI, Amazon IS NOT a certified BioRhythm retailer.

Reputation: +63
    Bioquest, Thanks for making a solid product and you're welcome for commenting on my Glowing review.... get it glowing...as in afterglow...lol that's gold Jerry!

Reputation: +63
    Sorry I meant biorythm not bioquest.. festivus kicked my butt this year.

April 12, 2013

DanTheManski

Reviews: 25

Age: 20

April 12, 2013
     I'mma let you finish.. But BioRythym AfterGlow is one of the best supplements of all time!

Anyways....

Profile: 10/10

No fat, 32g of carbs, 20g WPI, 10g of BCAA's and Glutamine, 1g of Kre-Alkylyn, 1g of Cissus Quadrangularis, 800mg of Phosphatidylserine, and more. Need I say more?

Taste:

Watermelon: 10/10

Hands down the best flavor of this product. It tastes perfect. Literally. Probably one of the best tasting products I've ever had, and multiple reviews will agree with me on this.

Orange Pushup: 8/10

A little weird, honestly. At first, I thought it was terrible. After a week or so of drinking this, It grew on me pretty fast and ended up enjoying it for the most part. It does not however, taste anything like the Flinestones Pushup pops :(

Bazooka Fruit: 9.5/10

Second best flavor of this product. It's a perfect blend of a bubblegum taste/fruit. Hence the name. Absolutely fantastic.

Wow. That's all I can really say about this product. The recovery was great. Really. Leg day DOMS was a non-factor surprisingly. I had 0 soreness 90% of the time post workout. Which is very un-common. I tried multiple styles of training after going through 4 tubs of this. DTP, 3 days on, 1 day off splits. The body part trained that day was rarely ever sore the next day.

My strength also increased with this product quite a bit. I noticed the better recovery I had, the more energy I could put out the following workout. I almost felt as if i could train the same body part 2 days in a row and feel near 100% doing it. Really unbelievable stuff.

Every great product has a somewhat downfall. With the cost of this product being around the $3 range per serving. This product is very very expensive. I really recommend trying to snag this on a BOGO half off deal @ GNC. Also, some Max Muscle's have this on sale as well.

Solid 9 here deserved for AfterGlow. I can't complain too much. This stuff did everything it said it would and more! It even depleted my bank account ;).

Plain and Simple, If It's the right price, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Till next time bro's

DanTheManski
    • Small And Pricy
    • Price Can Be Fatal To Your Bank Account
    March 26, 2013

Age: 24

March 26, 2013
     What's that SR?...You want some more reviewing goodness from the machine? Well here you go!!!!!

What's up SR brethren, today I will be reviewing another one of my Boots to Asses 2 log supplements which I had used with great results. That product is Biorhythm's Afterglow. As a beginning overview, Afterglow is a specially formulated post-workout supplement designed to help encourage post-workout induced hypertrophy by replenishing muscular glycogen, feeding fatigued muscles with efficient whey isolate protein and BCAAs, reducing catabolic cortisol levels, and scavenging muscle wasting free radicals. My only other experience with a product of similar purpose of afterglow is myogenix's aftershock. I enjoyed aftershock very much in terms of the improved recovery and some of the strength benefits I received from its usage. However, after using afterglow, I am going to say it takes the cake for being the better of the two. Make no mistake though, afterglow does have one major con that would discourage its purchase over aftershock, THE FRIGGIN TRIPLE DIGIT PRICE!!!! For those of you who kept with my log know that I actually was lucky enough to get two full 4.23 lbs tubs from a gym buddy of mine as a thank for helping his son in high school football training. Nonetheless, the value must be taken into context.

Taste/Mixability (10++): I give this beyond ten because it was truly one of the best tasting supplements I have ever had. I used the bazooka fruit and watermelon and they both effing delicious. Hard to tell which one was better. I do enjoy fruit in general so I think it depends on how fond you are of watermelon LOL Afterglow also comes in cherry bomb, but unfortunately I never got to try that. Overall, big time points for taste. The mixability was also very good. I never had any problems with undissolved contents or clumps.

Usage (10): Very simple; I would combine two scoops with 12 oz of water and enjoy right after my workout. On non-training days, I took a serving split into morning and afternoon. Essentially, one scoop in the morning and one scoop sometime in the mid-afternoon.

Ingredient Profile: (10): A very solid profile for post-workout recovery support if I do say so myself;

1 Single Serving Bottle Watermelon

Phosphatidylserine 800mg **
    Pomegranate Powder 750mg **
    R-ALA 100mg **
    Grape Seed Extract 3mg

20 grams of whey Isolate, plenty of glutamine, a decent dose of bcaas, kre-alkalyne creatine, and anti-oxidants all ensure that the anabolism window undergoes and effective ignition into superb recovery. A couple of things to note are the addition of Phosphatidylserine and Cissus Quandrangularis.

Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid compound that has been shown to reduce cortisol and improve memory and cognition. The effective does for this ingredient is roughly 400mg or higher. With twice that dosage in afterglow, it's very clear that the cortisol inhibition claims of afterglow are imminent. However it is also one of the reasons why afterglow is so expensive because phospatidylserine stand alone as a supplement tends to be quite expensive itself.

Cissus Quandrangularis is best known for its anti-inflammatory benefits on joints and possesses anti-cortisol effects of its own. In addition, the ketosteroid extracts from this plant are said to have anabolic properties, but that I don't believe has been demonstrated. A good addition nonetheless for other reasons.

Effectiveness (10): For the benefits I experienced with Afterglow, a score of 10 is very worthy of this product. As early as the first couple of days of usage, I experienced a dramatic improvement in my post-workout recovery to the point where fatigue was nearly non-existent. Of course, when combined with Dymatize elite whey, mass hgh, AD-3 PCT, and plenty of sleep, recovery was near 100% each time I would wake-up the next day to hit the gym on my next training session. My overall body felt more refreshed an rejuvenated as well critically less fatigued. There were times where I would feel like I barely hit the gym even on those days where I would unintentionally over-train due to the energy from versa-1, oxyeca, and micro. I also noticed less joint stiffness which I can definitely equate to the cissus. Furthermore, there was also a feeling of better general health that I experienced from afterglow, most likely from the anti-oxidants. Of course, this is not to say that I ever felt unhealthy without it and I do get plenty of vitamins and minerals from my diet. However, there was simply a better and healthier bodily feel with afterglow. (Too bad I couldn't say that when I had my food poisoning a little while back LOLOLOL) Lastly, I did notice that the improved recovery did help me push harder in my following training sessions and there were times where extra sets and heavier giant sets were possible. Overall, afterglow definitely delivered in the recovery department.

Value (4): Now here is where afterglow will show its thorns (more like pit spikes LOL). Afterglow comes in two size: 2.12 and 4.23 lbs tubs. The 2 lbs tub has about 16 servings, while the 4 lbs tub as 32 servings. The price for a 2 lbs tub is about 70 dollars for 16 servings. That would equate to a value ratio of about 4.35 a serving. A 4 lbs will splurge your bank account of 125 dollars on average based on the prices I've seen. That is about 3.95 a serving. In either case despite the effectiveness of afterglow, this is simply outrageous. I personally thing it would be more cost effective to perhaps concoct your own post workout formula with miscellaneous proteins, bcaa, carbs, and whatever else you'd like to add. Even though I was gifted my tubs of afterglow, I can honestly say that I would only purchase afterglow if it were on a VERY reasonable sale. I would say for the effectiveness of afterglow I would pay no more than 80 dollars for a 4 lbs tub. Anyone who plans on using afterglow will absolutely need to make sure you've got some money to spare. Do not break the bank for one supplement.

Overall (8): When combined with my intensive training and frequent diet, afterglow made a remarkable difference in my overall bodily recovery and integrity. Along with all of my other supplements, afterglow allowed me to recover much more efficiently, allowing to push continuously harder in the gym with extra drive and integrity. I am mostly thankful that I got these tubs as a gift because the price of this product is a major downfall that would most likely make users think twice before trying it. As a final thought, if you've got the money, I would definitely recommend giving afterglow a try. Of course, don't forget diet and training.

TRAIN HARD BROSKIS!!!!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Better Feeling Of General Health
    • Enhances Strength
    • Builds Endurance
    • Uses Real Sugar(not Artifical)
    • Lists Everything On The Label
    • Great For Recovery
    • Price Can Be Fatal To Your Bank Account
    • A Bit Foamy At Times

Joined: 9/2011
    Reviews: 16
    Reputation: +1988
    Great review as usual. Out of curiosity, were you on versa at the same time as glow and if so, how far into your versa run were you when you noticed this recovery? I ask because some of the benefits you describe above, i felt while on versa by itself.

Joined: 1/2012
    Reputation: +2384
    @Ron: thanks for the compliment Ron man, to answer your question I was running versa-1 at the same as afterglow. I recall when I ran versa-1 in my standalone beta test log, I did get the same benefits but not to as great an extent in comparison to when I combined it with afterglow and everything else in this log.

I would conclude that afterglow greatly complimented versa-1's recovery benefits because everything in relation to my recovery was drastically improved. Safe to say both supplements compliment each other quite well.

In response to your experience, if you were to add a post workout formulation, I am confident the benefits you exhibited from versa-1 would be amplified.

petey7408
    petey7408

Joined: 3/2009
    Reviews: 38
    Reputation: +3994
    I like the review, but please refrain from statements like 'the reviewing machine'. It makes me want to ....stab things.

November 24, 2012

GLD123

Reviews: 3

Age: 18

November 24, 2012
     For my first post workout review I decided to break down one of my favorite supplements... Biorhythms Afterglow seems to be by far their most popular product and rightly so.

Afterglow is a post workout recovery blend that is designed to provide maximum recovery to intense exercise. Many people believe that it is just a great tasting protein, carb, and creatine blend... But it is actually much more than that.

Profile: 9.5/10
    2 scoops of afterglow provides...
    20g whey protein isolate
    800mg phosphatidylserine
    750mg pomegranate powder
    100mg R-ALA
    3mg grape seed extract

I think that what sets this apart from most other protein blends is that all the carbohydrates are from unrefined evaporated cane juice. There is no dextrose or multidextrose which is what most supplements are loaded with. Additionally, all the protein is whey isolate. These differences, along with the 10g of glutamine and bcaas are what help to offset the delayed offset muscle soreness you may be having. Combine that with the Kre-alkalyn creatine and you have a one of a kind post workout blend that is very effective. The only reason this is not a 10 is because I usually like to have around 30g of protein after my workout. However, the 20g is all very high quality and if you have a good post workout meal 30-60 minutes later your golden.

Taste: 10/10 - Anyone who has taken this can probably agree that it is the best tasting supplement of all time. The watermelon and cherry bomb flavors are outstanding... It is like a dessert after putting your body through a high intensify workout.

Mixability: 8/10 - Usually mixes very well but it settles very quickly. Just swish it around before each sip and it's perfect... No clumps at all. (I usually do about 10oz of water but it's really up to you depending on how you like the consistency).

Effectiveness: 10/10 - this is the only post workout I have taken where I can truly noticd a difference. I notice the best recovery from this product and even on hardcore leg days I very rarely experience that terrible DOMS when taking this product. I feel like I can literally feel my muscles soaking up the nutrients when I drink it.

Value: 6/10 - this is the products downfall. I am a strog believer in investing your money in what you believe in... And for people looking to build muscle that means purchasing the best supplements despite the cost... However, I don't believe that this product is necessary to reach your goals. It has a great profile and works well but you could re create your own post workout, save a lot of money, and notice little difference. I had the opportunity to get a couple bottles for free and a couple for around $45 dollars, but at your local GNC its probably about 69.99. For 16 servings that is simply too expensive. I think that using that money to buy more food for your meal plan would probably be a better use.

Overall: 8/10 - obviously I love this product, and if it werent for the cost it would probably be a 10. If you have the opportunity to get a discount I highly reccomend it, but if not, formulate your own post workout shake and go spend your savings on some whole chicken breasts and organic eggs.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Reduces Soreness
    • Great For Recovery
    • Lists Everything On The Label
    • Uses Real Sugar(not Artifical)
    November 8, 2012

topsav

Age: 22

November 8, 2012
     Ok so you what the truth? you dont NEED this product. Especially for its price. Is it effective, yes. Does it use real sugar, yes. is it overpriced, yes. Why pay this much for a post workout when you can just take protein creatine and an apple or fruit or REAL food for the same effect and save money and be healthier. I have working in the fitness/supplement industry for 5 years and this is what i know.
    How did you discover? fine
    What other similar products have you used and how do they compare? dark matter, but again you dont need this sugar and artificial dies and chemicals.
    How long have you taken this product? 3 months
    What was your diet/exercise routine like before/after/during your use of the product? intense
    Were the results what you had expected? normal protein/creatine recovery
    How many pounds of muscle/fat did you gain/lose? 3
    Were there any negative side-effects? yes, IRRITATED the back of my throat, i dont know what is in this but something messes with your throat.
    How could this product be improved? get rid of the chemicals and mess with your throat reduce sugar
    Will you use it again? Why/why not? no, overpriced, food is cheeper/ healthier.

• Pricey
    • Itchy Throat Sometimes

Have you used AfterGlow? Submit your own Review!