Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > Betancourt > D-Stunner

Betancourt D-Stunner

D-Stunner Betancourt
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (16 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Video Review

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Citadel Nutrition Tier 1 Reviews
Tier 1 (14 Reviews)
Lecheek Nutrition Speed X3 Reviews
Speed X3 (35 Reviews)
Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Reviews
Muscle Marinade (77 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

A log of many ER goodies
Whats up SR. The USP labs crew was gracious to hook me up with a bunch of stuff....

Comparing The New Vs. Old Formula of D-Stunner Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxIeoPMqJgg Bang! Full product review coming soo...

New Pre-workout by Betancourt Nutrition called D-Stunner.
New pre-workout by betancourt Nutrition called D-Stunner. My have to try this on...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

D-Stunner features the most advanced stimulytic blend of 1,3 Dimethylamylamine and REV-PEATM which results in a no crash, sustained energy experience not available in any concentrate available.+ REV-PEA is an advanced blend of energy and focus enhancing phenylethylamines that are more potent and stable then phenylethylamines alone.* It also features GlycoCarn® for intense pumps not seen in any other concentrate (large amounts of stimulants can cause vasoconstriction, this can limit the ‘pump’ during exercise) and 20-HE which promotes an anabolic response to your workouts every time.

D-Stunner Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
D-Stunner Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (13)
  • Good Pumps (10)
  • Long Lasting (9)
  • Good Value (8)
  • Poor Taste (8)
  • Poor Mixability (7)
  • Small Crash (4)
  • Hard To Find The Right Dose (2)
May 8, 2013

Age: 35

May 8, 2013
I can breathe like no other; a lesson in bronchodilation.

Special thanks go out Betancourt Nutrition for providing the experts with D Stunner. There are so many pre-workouts on the market what does this do to stand out? That is what I am here to educate you all on.

How I ran it: 1 scoop preworkout. I never went over 1 scoop so it yielded 28 servings.

Ingredients 9: This pre-workout provides 9.3 g for each serving. There are two proprietary blends one being a strength blend and another being a CNS blend. I am not going to go into detail on every ingredient however you have the standard staples of beta alanine, creatine monohydrate and caffeine. However if you have the inclusion of Glycocarn. Overall the blends look very solid however it is very difficult to tell given the proprietary blend.

Mixing 5: This is one of the major issues for this pretty work out it arrives via UPS and the entire tub is an entire brick. It is not the easiest thing to break it all part I actually put a hand blender in the tub and make it powder again. The main reason for bricking is the Glycocarn.

Taste 6: This is a pretty bad tasting pre-workout. The tub said it was blue raspberry but I beg to differ it had a very chemical aftertaste and it tasted like coughs syrup. But then again I am not overly concerned about the taste of pre-work out.

Effectiveness 9.75: All I can say is wow after you get past the terrible taste and the proprietary blends this pre-work out shines significantly over the majority of other rivals. It may be slightly underdosed from a 3.2 g of beta alanine perspective although I still get the tingles and endurance is not an issue. The energy aspect of the pre-workout is solid it is very clean it is not overly stimmed. You have very solid focus with his pre-work out without any sort of cracked out feeling.

Now for the most noticeable feature of this pre-work out it relates to the bronchodilator affect it provides. I have never taken a pre-workout that has this effect it appears that the inclusion of 3,7-dimethylpurine-2,6-dione and N-Methyltyramine provide this. It is the most interesting effect and it appears that you can just breathe forever much like taking an inhaler. The bronchodilator effect appears to increase your energy and motivation to work out.

Simply a great preworkout.

Value 9.0: a 28 true serving tub will run you around 30 dollars. The pricing is more than fair for this preworkout.

Conclusion 9.5: This product gets the bladeski seal of approval. The product is one of the best pre workouts on the market. Clean energy, solid endurance and the bronchodilator aspect is killer. Don't worry how it tastes, just thank yourself they put all their cycles into the effectiveness.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Long Lasting
  • Good Pumps
  • Clean Energy
  • Poor Taste
  • Poor Mixability

Reviews: 72
Reputation: +2353
Betancourt was never big on taste LOLOLOL

Superb review bladeski!!!

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
good review man, their protein is solid as well

Reputation: +3577
Solid as in a brick of protein too? haha

LOL.

Be on the lookout this weekend for the Pure Amino review, which was well not as SOLID!

Reputation: +1326
Solid review man. I really miss the endurance increases this gave.

Protein isn't terrible. I got some on clearance here recently, taste is meh.

TigerJT
TigerJT

Reputation: +181
Oh ish it got the seal. Lol. Good review..breathing effects sound intresting.

April 15, 2013

Reviews: 71

Age: 31

April 15, 2013
 Big thanks to Betancourt for the opportunity to try the newly formulated DStunner.
I had heard mixed feelings about the original version, although for the most part people liked its effectiveness. That being said, I was excited to try the new version especially considering its unique profile.

Profile: 9+/10

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (9.3 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 28

Calories - 10 <1%
Calories From Fat - 0
Carbohydrates - 1g <1%
Sugars - 1g
Vitamin B12 - 150mg 2,500%

D-Stunner Performance Blend - 7,153mg
Performance
Citric Acid, Beta-Alanine (As CarnoSyn®), Creatine Monohydrate, Malic Acid, Glycerol Monostearate GlycoCarn® (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCl), Quercetin (Sophora Japonica) (Flower).
CNS (Central Nervous System)
B-Phenylethylamine HCl, 3,7-Dimethylpurine-2,6-Dione (Theobromine 99%), Caffeine, N-Methyltyramine HCl, REV-PEA™ (R-B-Phenylethylamine HCl, N-Methyl-B-Phenylethylamine HCl, B-Methyl-Phenylethylamine).

DStunner definitely has a very solid and unique profile. It has several of the usual suspects but it also has a bunch of great inclusions you just dont see in most pwos. All in all, a very well thought out and effective profile that gets two thumbs up from me.

Mixability/Taste: 9/10 -- 5/10

First thing you will notice when you open DStunner is that its hard as a rock. At first I was like wtf? Then realized that the Glycocarn is most likely responsible for the ridiculous brick like form it took. Its not a huge deal, as I just threw it in my magic bullet and it was back to powder form. Unfortunately it continues to become a solid brick if you dont shake it constantly and vigorously, a bit annoying but oh well.
When you do finally manage to get it into a shaker it dissolves very well, so no complaints whatsoever on that end.
As you can see from the other reviews, DStunner tastes like crap. Its like a chemical laced fruit punch flavor. It is not enjoyable at all, but tolerable IMO. If you are looking for something with good flavor look elswhere.

Im personally not a huge fan of massive amounts of stimulants, so DStunner was right up my alley.
I started with 1/2 a scoop off the bat and was very happy with the energy, focus, and endurance aspects. Pumps were not so noticable at 1/2 a scoop. In all reality, I would have been satisfied staying at 1/2 a scoop, but I had to at least test the waters with larger amounts.
That being said, when I went to a full scoop it was just that much better. At one scoop the energy was plentiful and smooth, and focus was very good. The pumps became very prominent at one scoop, and anyone thats used Glycocarn can appreciate how well it works for pumps. Additionally, I noticed that the endurance/oxygen complex worked very well at 1 scoop.
DStunner just made me feel good, plain and simple.
So, at 1/2 a scoop its a very solid pwo and at a full scoop it is one of my top 3 all time favorites. Highly recommended.

$30 for 28 servings, not bad especially considering how effective it was for me and the fact I could easily get away with using half a scoop.

I like Betancourt as a company and Dstunner is a winner in my eyes. It gets my seal of approval, give it a try...

April 8, 2013

Age: 36

April 8, 2013
 Thanks to Betancourt for the chance to try the D-stunner PWO and thanks to the ER program as well.

I was pretty excited to try this PWO, because I had heard so many great things from this.

My first Impression was not good though. I hurried and opened it up and seen a solid piece of candy rock looking powder in my tub and thought.... GREAT :/

Mixability 8.5
After poking it with a butter knife and digging out the scooper I dropped a chunk of it my blender bottle and ... what? What happened? Its almost already dissolved!
A few shakes, No clumps not floaters no foam!. Amazing.
The taste...well damn! That a little rough but we will get to that.

Taste 4
Its pretty bad. Its not too bad if you water it down or mix something with it like a scoop of humapro in it. But alone and with a small amount of water . WOW its like a kick in the teeth. Its not the taste that would get me it would be the immediate aftertaste.

Profile NA
I am not going to rate this as others have hit on it and they should get the credit. No need in repeating the obvious. But it is a sold profile.

Effectiveness 8
The first half of the tub was awesome, clean , clean , clean energy. No crash No jitters. But then all the sudden it was like it did not work anymore, So The last week of it I took 2 scoops . BOOM back to working again. I don't know If I just adjusted to this faster than most or what. No this is not typically the kind of PWO I go for . I like the all mighty kick in the pants rush some stronger ones give you. But if you don't and still want a good PWO this is yours. I did notice some killer pumps and vascularity while on this too. That should be noted.I seemed to have a bit more in the tank as far as endurance while on this too

SIDES.
I never had anything from this. Never effected sleep , no crazy heart rates, No crash.

Value 8
Pretty typical price . Roughly 25 - 35 bucks from what a quick Google search brings up. Not too bad for a quality PWO. The value is less of course if you have to use 2 scoops consistently

Overall 8
So why just a 8 with all the good and not much bad. Well its not really the kind I like. I do like clean energy , But I also like something that bring out the sweat and kicks me in the seat of pants and gives me those sweet tingles too. But for cardio and leg days this was really nice. I am impressed and glad to have a chance to try this. Well done Betancourt.

Seaver

Pros:
Cons:
  • Clean Energy

Reputation: +1326
I never thought to try it with Humapro. I do know mixing it with the other betnacourt product was like drinking mercury. Horrendous. Solid review though. I couldn't have moved up to two scoops even if I wanted too lol.

What's a cardio day?

Joined: 1/2011
Reputation: +2482
Yea the Pinapple Humapro with it was not bad.

And to meuth. That would be a smoke before gym right?

April 5, 2013

Age: 23

April 5, 2013
 Whats up SR. Time to drop another review, on easily one of my top five favorite pre workouts. A very big thank you to Betancourt for participating in the ER program. Much appreciated. On to the review.

Taste-0/10- Seriously guys. Did your taste testing department just pack up and leave? How on earth could you allow this to be labeled as fruit punch? There is nothing fruity about it. It tastes horrendous. And from what I've gathered all of the flavors are like that. I don't know why this tastes so foul, but it seriously made me want to yak every single time. I know taste doesn't solidify a product, but my goodness guys. Hire some new taste testers.

Mixability-9/10- So when I received this product it sounded like I had a brick in my box. I took it out and just heard a loud thud. Opened up the container and the whole thing was solid as a rock. I could have thrown this at someones head and taken them out. You would think that would entail poor mixability. But to my surprise it was quite the opposite. It mixed great. No clumping or floaties. No extra foam at the top. Solid. But you do have to kind of cave a spot for the scoop so you can close the lid. Which gets kind of old.

Ingredients-8/10

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (9.3 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 28

Calories - 10 <1%
Calories From Fat - 0
Carbohydrates - 1g <1%
Sugars - 1g
Vitamin B12 - 150mg 2,500%

D-Stunner Performance Blend - 7,153mg
Performance
CNS (Central Nervous System)

Overall a very solid blend. Some familiar ingredients, and some not so familiar. I really like the inclusion of Glycerol Monostearate. I think this is a very underated supplement when it comes to pumps and increases in vascularity/endurance. Its got some other favorites to like Beta-Alanine and Creatine Mono. And some other ingredients that aren't included in many pres. Mainly to help with breathing, and vo2 max ect. So overall, I feel its a solid blend. Definitely some under dosed ingredients again like SX3, but it does work. So I cant complain.

Effectiveness- 9/10- Consistent every single time. I loved using this pre workout. It is solid all across the board. The standout effect for me is the increase in oxygen and aerobic performance. Sometimes with pres they are so stim heavy that you have a hard time breathing in between sets. I never experienced an overly jittery or stimmed out effect while on D stunner. I felt like I was able to recover between sets really well. Whether it was from a heavy set of squats or super sets. It delivered and was consistent every time allowing me to lift and keep pushing. The focus was pretty decent too, not like some of the others I have had but not terrible. This definitely increases pumps and vascularity too. Taking this pre cardio would bring the veins my quads and legs out everywhere. I would get a nice pump on whatever body part I was working. Definitely a well rounded pre workout, and delivers everything you would look for in a pre.

Sides- No sides. I never experienced heavy crashes or crazy heart rates. Not jittery feeling. Clean all the way around.

Value-8/10- I feel like this gets a solid 8. Even though I do feel some of the ingredients are underdosed you get a true 28 servings. I never had to move past one scoop. It was consistent every single time. Some of the other ER members have mentioned only needing half a scoop, which would really increase the value of this. Your looking at roughly 28-30 dollars a tub. That would sit you at a little over a dollar a day. Which isn't bad. Especially for the performance it delivered. Solid in the value department.

Overall- 8/10- I feel that D-stunner is extremely unique as far as pre workouts are concerned. It delivers in ways not many pres do. Increases in oxygen and aerobic capacity is a big plus for bodybuilders. If you can get past the taste, this is certainly worth a shot. Hope you all have a good one.

JPo

Joined: 8/2010
Reviews: 71
Reputation: +3978
That pretty much sums upy experience as well.
When mixed with Pure Amino the taste was even worse lol.
Besides the taste, I lliked it so much I grabbed another tub

Reviews: 72
Reputation: +2353
Superb review Jp, think I'll give this a go after my epi-1-test run.

Reputation: +1326
@ Kev lol yea I tried mixing it with the Pure Amino to and it made it worse lol. Good products but man they suck at flavoring. I think Vitamin shop was doing a fire sale, I picked up a few tubs for 15 bucks a pop.

@War thanks man, definitely give it a shot. I feel its an underated pre on the market.

Reputation: +3577
I really need to try this one! My experience has been to mix bad tasting stuff with Green Mag Electric Lemonade and that takes care of taste.

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
J po did u ever get to try the version with 1,3 in it?

Reputation: +1326
@Meuth definitely give it a shot if you can. I may try masking it with green mag, but I seriously think this may be the hardest thing to mask lol.

@moose you know what, that may have been what I picked up from VS on fire sale. I didn't think to check the label haha. I'll get back to you on that. Might have been why its so cheap.

Reply #7:
chichistrong
chichistrong

Joined: 9/2010
Reviews: 68
Reputation: +2135
I have a feeling that if I try this *** I would throw up in they gym. How is it on dyes? heavy or light?

Reply #8:

Reputation: +1326
I actually think its pretty heavy on the dye. More so than any other pre workout I've used.

December 4, 2012

MMAFreak

Reviews: 40

Age: 29

December 4, 2012
 I am always willing to try a new pre-workout and was eager to try D-Stunner when the opportunity knocked for the ER team. So thanks to Betancourt and the ER team for sending some my way.

--Overview--

Looking at the pre-workout category of supplements these days it seems as though a new one pops up almost every single day. There is no denying that it is an overcrowded market that can leave a newcomer to the supplement world feeling lost and overwhelmed as to what they should be looking for. Rarely do you find a formulation that is truly unique but D-Stunner definitely qualifies as being a unique take on pre-workouts.

--Ingredient Profile 8/10--

It is refreshing to see a company put some innovation into their profile once in a while. The biggest thing for me was the inclusion of a "bronchostimulator" as they call it in the form of Theobromine. Another big plus for me was the addition of "Glycocarn" for pumps which we will talk more about later.

Other than the aforementioned ingredients it becomes a pretty standard PWO profile in the sense that it uses caffeine and other stimulants for energy purposes and also includes commonly seen ingredients such as beta alanine and creatine monohydrate. I would have rather seen them focus on a few less ingredients but I can't really say many negative things about this product. It definitely shows that they are trying new things.

As always with me they are going to lose a point for the damn prop blend!

--Taste/Mixability 2/10--

Yes it would seem that the general consensus on this product is that it works great and mixes like crap. I actually thought something was wrong with the tub that was sent to me at first because of how moist and clumped together it seemed. But after speaking with Petey he informed me that this was due to the glycocarn and perfectly normal. Well I don't know how normal you could call it but maybe normal for D-Stunner.

Trying to get this stuff to even dissolve half way in my shaker cup almost qualified for cardio. It just stays gritty no matter what you do. The taste of Fruit Punch and Grape isn't bad but the grit is just weird and truthfully something I never got used to even through two whole tubs. I read Cole's review and I have to agree that at times the grit is almost gag reflex inducing. Definitely not the strong point for D-Stunner.

--Effectiveness 9/10--

So grit and gagging aside I was never disappointed that I forced myself to drink down my D-Stunner before a workout. Surprisingly enough the energy was very clean and not jittery as some caffeine and geranium combos tend to be and well sustained through even the longer workouts.

I am still to this day trying to decide if the bronchostimulator was actually helping me with my wind or it was just a placebo effect from expecting it to do so. Either way I noticed that during cardio I felt like breathing was much easier. I found myself breathing through my nose only while running at a pretty brisk pace which normally would be out of the question. So there was an effect there but I just don't know if I can buy that something OTC could make such an impact on something like breathing. But there is no denying that my wind was better on D-Stunner.

I believe I can attribute to the glycocarn that this is one of the few PWO's that I can say for sure have given me better pumps than just lifting weights would. I have been at the iron long enough to know what my normal pumps feel like and there was definitely a tighter and more swole feeling on days when I took my D-Stunner.

All in all I was very pleased with the effectiveness of this product and am glad that I bought four tubs of it on flash sale a while back.

--Value 8/10--

If it was consistently the price I paid from NP on flash sale it would be a ten no doubt. But at thirty bucks a tub I still give it a good value for the money. It works and if you are like me you will likely get about 20-25 workouts out of a single tub. Not bad for a product that actually works!

--Final Thoughts--

If you can handle the grit you will be rewarded.
cjm502
cjm502

Joined: 3/2011
Reviews: 9
Reputation: +109
Nice review man, im on my second tub of D-Stunner and its definitely a very solid product.

Reviews: 81
Reputation: +3567
Great review

October 10, 2012

Reviews: 106

Age: 24

October 10, 2012
 I would like to thank Petey & MMAFreak for suggesting D-Stunner, if it wasn’t for them I would probably never had tried this out. That being said, I have some mixed feelings over this one.

PROFILE: B+
I give big props to D-Stunner for innovation here, as the profile is the most unique I’ve seen & at the least the first one like it I’ve tried. What was ultimately the factor that pushed me to try this was the inclusion of 3,7 dimethylpurine-2,6-dione, a “bronchostimulator” as referred to by the label. Being an asthmatic, this interested me a lot. They pair it off with Quercetin to help boost endurance & performance “like never before.” Whether or not it did, I’ll get to in a moment.

The rest of the profile reads like most other pre-workout supplements, stimulants, creatine, & “pump” ingredients. For creatine they use the standard creatine-monohydrate, & use GlycoCarn® for the pumps. They also add in 20-Hydroxy-Ecdysterone (20-HE) to help induce an “anabolic response to your workouts every time.” For energy they rely on caffeine, DMAA, & REV-PEA™ (R-B-phenyelthylamine HCL, N-methyl-B-phenylethylamine HCL, B-Methyl-phenylethylamine HCL).

MIXABILITY: D
Yes, it’s a low grade. Yes, it mixes that bad. It has been mentioned by Petey that GlycoCarn® may be to blame, but it’s still *** poor mixability. No matter how much water I used, how long I shook the shaker cup (I even used a blender once, same result), or how much D-Stunner I threw in the cup, the result was always the same. A lot of little bits floating around making life miserable.

DRINKABILITY: D
Another low grade, due in large to the poor mixability. The taste was alright (fruit punch), neither bad nor good but about run of the mill. The little bits floating around just hit me in all the wrong ways, & at times induced a gag reflex (seriously). I was able to consistently get it down, but it was a dogfight the whole damn way. You almost have to psych yourself out to drink it.

EFFECTIVENESS: A+
Despite the drawbacks of drinking D-Stunner, once you get it down this works extremely well. Initially I used this for every workout, both cardio & weight training. About halfway through the tub I used this almost exclusively for cardio, due in large to the bronchostimulator. Then I switched back to using it every workout to finish the tub. My workouts typically follow a Westside-Barbell/Conjugate Method, & my cardio consists of either bike rides or Martial Arts (mostly Martial Arts). For lifting I dosed D-Stunner at 2scoops, for cardio I used 1scoop.

Focus was wonky with this, as I was able to both “zero in” but also had troubles retaining information. When weight lifting I did experience a bit of enhanced focus & even to a degree during Martial Arts. I was able to focus real well on what I was doing, but oddly enough I had a hard time retaining new information. At the time I was being shown being shown new techniques in Martial Arts, but I had a hard time remembering them. When I didn’t take D-Stunner, it was back to normal. Very odd.

The energy I got was great, & surprisingly clean. No jitters or shaking, but you could tell stimulants were in your body. It lasted the whole training session, no matter what I was doing. No real crashes, & it didn’t seem to affect my sleep much when I took it in the evenings for Martial Arts.

The most interesting aspect of D-Stunner to experience was the bronchostimulator. During weight training sessions I didn’t really notice it much, as my lifting routines rarely taxed my respitory system in that way. I would experience heavy breathing after a particularly gruesome set, but nothing that didn’t take a moment to settle down. During Martial Arts & cardio in general, I really enjoyed this aspect of D-Stunner. I was able to keep my wind longer, & recover it faster. I typically only used one scoop for cardio, since it took place in the evening more times than not. It would seem the bronchostimulator was a nice hit.

Pumps were nice, but not something I look for. In addition, my workouts don’t lend to pump a lot. However, on my first leg day I had a decent lower back pump settle in fairly quick. Happened every time I would use D-Stunner when I either squatted or deadlifted, which was what led me to put in on the back burner there for awhile. On upper body days it was nice to see a chill yoke pump set in.

Overall D-Stunner was a big hit in terms of effectiveness.

VALUE: B
D-Stunner will run between $24-$31 depending on where you shop. Lowest I found was at Lockout ($24.99) & the highest was NutraPlanet ($30.99). One tube contains 35 1scoop servings.

It’s not the best price, but it is right there with other similar products & in some cases a tad higher. D-Stunner’s effectiveness makes the price bearable, but there are products that deliver most of what D-Stunner can at a better price. So it’s just a matter of what you’re in the mood for.

OVERALL: B+
I really liked D-Stunner a lot; it was an effective product & innovative in what all it had to offer. However, getting it down was a trick & a half. Drinkability usually isn’t a big deterrent, but it really was an experience drinking D-Stunner before every work out. Personally, I may not revisit D-Stunner for awhile if at all. But if someone were to ask me if D-Stunner is a good product, I wouldn’t hesitate to say “yes.”

Reputation: +3577
Good angle on the bronchostimulator! That will be good information for others.

Joined: 1/2011
Reputation: +2482
BADASS REVIEW

October 2, 2012

Age: 22

October 2, 2012
 Ah yes, another pre-workout review. Today, the (now discontinued) D-Stunner from Betancourt is under the Microscope. I was sent this directly from Betancourt to put to the test and I was very excited to try this after a few of my friends had glowing things to say about it.

Taste/Mixability: 7.8/10
This is one area that really bugged me. Now, I know that certain ingredients in products will cause it to mix a certain way, and in this case, the GlycoCarn is what was causing the issue. It seemed to 'float' on top when mixed and never really dissolved. That's not a huge issue to me, but combining that with the obnoxious taste this product had, it actually started to give me stomach issues the more I used it, and it became a mental game to even drink the stuff.

Ingredient Profile: 9.5/10
I was beyond excited to give this stuff a go after hearing good things about it, and the ingredient profile made me even more so. This is hands down one of the coolest concepts and well thought out products that has come across in awhile. It combines a CNS stimulation blend that gave me good focus but never a crash, GlycoCarn for sick pumps, and the unique concept of a bronchodialator to enhance breathing. The Achilles's heel of this product was the inclusion of the Geranium stem which ultimately caused it to be pulled from the shelves (at least until it's reformulated). I'd be curious to see if they bring this back with a similar ingredient profile.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
The first thing I noticed from this product was the bronchodialator. After dosing, it actually felt easier and easier to get nice, deep breaths which is one of the most underestimated keys to proper training. The energy from this was on par with all of the other good pre-workouts out there, and GlycoCarn was always evident, especially with hypertrophy based 'pump' workouts. I found this to be a very effective product as a whole.

Overall: 8.9/10
I had to lower the overall rating of this product simply because many others, as well as myself have been having issues with D-Stunner not reacting favorably with the stomach. I'm not too picky when it comes to flavor as I'm all about effectiveness, but when a product is making my stomach upset and causing a distraction to my workouts, I'm not going to be very favorable. With that being said, on the days the stomach issues didn't occur, this was hands down one of the best pre-workouts I've tried and one of the few products I've been a repeat user of. The pumps and bronchodialation is something that I think everyone needs to experience, so if you don't get stomach issues, you just might find your new favorite pre-workout. Time will tell if a reformulated product is in the works.

-AP
  • Extreme Focus
  • Stomach Issues

Reputation: +2877
It's a PETEY REVIEW! Nice detail!

Joined: 8/2011
Reviews: 63
Reputation: +3031
solid brother. i noticed on the few samples i had it gave me a runny nose kind of like a weak ephdrine feel. the bronch inhibitor was a sweet concept in a PWO.

Joined: 8/2009
Reviews: 106
Reputation: +2792
"Mental game" is an accurate description.

Joined: 8/2011
Reviews: 63
Reputation: +3031
**bronchi diolator**

Reviews: 79
Reputation: +2320
This review sucks as much as you do at Madden!

Joined: 3/2009
Reputation: +3991
For the record, Petey 3, Clipper 0 on Madden. Come at me!

-AP

Reply #7:

Reviews: 79
Reputation: +2320
You know that run should have been intercepted!

Reply #8:

Joined: 1/2010
Reputation: +16
****Actually its Bronchodilator/tion*** ;)

Reply #9:

Joined: 1/2010
Reputation: +16
I of course was kidding brother.

Reply #10:

Joined: 3/2009
Reputation: +3991
@Wookie: I was about to say the same thing ;)

June 18, 2012

Reviews: 55

Age: 28

June 18, 2012
 Thanks to Betancourt Nutrition for participating in SR’s ER program and allowing me to try out D-Stunner.

OVERVIEW:
D-Stunner is yet another product on the long list of available preworkout supplements on the market today. Betancourt has attempted to separate D-Stunner from the pack by marketing it as a “bronchostimulator”. Considering my love for pre’s, I was interested to read about D-Stunner’s inclusion of Theobromine, a vasodilator and antitussive, and excited to give the product a shot.

MIXABILITY: 4.8/10
One of the poorer mixing powders I’ve come across. The initial consistency of Stunner is very granular and dense, similar to Pop-Rocks candy. When mixed with water the product simply doesn’t dissolve very well and maintains a grainy and gritty texture regardless of the amount of water used or time spent shaking.

TASTE: 3.2/10
Blade is going to mean-mug all over me for this one, but taste matters to me. With the amount of research and development put into supplements these days it only makes sense the product should at least taste decent. I received the fruit punch flavor of Stunner and didn’t care for it at all. There was a strong chemical/medical aftertaste and nothing pleasurable about the flavoring.

EFFECTIVENESS: 5.8/10
All things considered I could easily overlook poor taste and mixability if the product performed well, however I found D-Stunner to be a mediocre, tier-2 preworkout product. It simply did not do a whole lot for me in any category. I was disappointed, not only from the miniscule effects, but also from the fact that so many other ER’s seemed to be loving this stuff and were hyping it up as one of the best pre’s on the market.

I tried Stunner every which way. I exceeded the suggested dosing of 1.5 scoops. I took it immediately preworkout. I took it an hour preworkout. I took it with food, without food, with a protein shake, etc., but for whatever reason I just never got much more than a small energy boost from the product. Generally about 20 minutes after dosing I’d feel a minor energy surge. No true “bronchostimulation”, no noticeable increase in focus, no excessive muscle pumps…

I went so far as to take two weeks off all stimulants before coming back to D-Stunner. No dice. But if I switched to one of my other products, generally Supp-D or Muscle Marinade, I’d always feel the same high quality effects so I know it wasn’t simply a built up tolerance.

VALUE: 9.1/10
Betancourt does well with the price point at least. A tub of D-Stunner contains 35 scoops and can be found for $25-$28 on most sites. I am pretty sure it was going for as low as $17 on one of the more obscure retailers (can’t remember which one). This puts the product at an affordable .71c per scoop (@ $25), which is comparable to most other preworkouts on the market. Considering most users will likely only need 1 scoop to feel the full effects further bumps Stunner up in the value category.

OVERALL: 6.1/10
D-Stunner simply wasn’t made for me. For whatever reason I did not respond to this product and got very little out of it. All in all I’d place Stunner in the same preworkout tier as White Flood, SuperPump250, and NO-Xplode. There are simply too many other products that I’ve found to provide far greater effects for me to say I’d use Stunner regularly.

While I am committed to giving an honest review of every product I try, I do hope one of the other Expert Reviewers comes along quickly to post their positive impressions of this product. I feel that my experiences with Stunner are a-typical and that it might be a good choice for someone who is shopping around for their next preworkout. I like Betancourt’s attempt at incorporating something different and give them respect for keeping their prices affordable.

• Ineffective

0_0 0_0
(DOUBLE MEAN MUG)

BIgDan
BIgDan

Reviews: 2
Reputation: 0
It doesn't mix well because of the glycerol in this product. Glycerol makes for HUGE pumps but the mixability of glycerol in water is terrible. Glycerol is a fat derived from veggies, that is why.
just throwin that out there dudes! :)

Joined: 6/2010
Reviews: 55
Reputation: +2374
Nice. Thanks for the input. I wish I woulda gotten more outta this cus I like Betancourt overall.

June 12, 2012

Tsunami2k

Reviews: 50

Age: 24

June 12, 2012
 [|=|]"Betancourt Nutrition presents the first ever concentrated pre-workout and bronchostimulator: D-Stunner, the most profound advanced in the concentrated pre-workout category"[|=|]

Ingredient Profile :

Niacin - 20mg
D-Stunner Performance Blend - 5,543mg
Glycerol Monostearate, Beta-alanine, GlycoCarn, Quercetin , 3,7-diemthylpurine-2,6-dione, Caffeine, L-Taurine, REV-PEA, Geranamine, Creatine Monohydrate, 20-Hydroxy-Ecdysterone

Value : 7/10 - A 35 serving tub costs around $23. A tub can last anywhere between 3-6 weeks depending on your dosage tolerance. It's pretty much on par with other similiar PWO's.

Effectiveness : 7/10 - I'm not the greatest fan of heavy-stim pre-workout supplements, but I found this one to be pretty decent. D-Stunner has an interesting ingredient profile, especially with the broncho-dialtator properties.
I had the Fruit Punch flavor, and it tasted like other Fruit Punch flavored drinks I guess. I did have a problem when trying to mix it at times, I would have to shake my bottle like crazy to get it to dissolve all the way.
The first time I took it, I decided to try half a scoop. I started feeling the effects within 30 minutes when I had just arrived to the gym. I had a good workout, normal pumps, but the energy was great. I didn't notice any broncho-stimulant properties whatsoever though.
After that I tried to go with one heaping scoop, and thats where I realized this stuff is pretty concentrated, and I was pretty jittery and crashed hard after the gym. It was hard to find the right dose for me for the first two weeks, until I was happy with just about under a full scoop.

This product gave me good focus, and it lasted a little longer than some other products like Jack3d. I'd stay in the gym for 1.5 hours easily sometimes if I was really feeling it.

Something I didn't like too much was the fact that I wouldn't get any pumps from D-stunner. I would throw in some CM, Agmatine, GPLC, and some others to get a great pump along with the energy.

Overall : 8/10 - In the end, I never noticed the bronchostumulating properties that this product boasts of. My breathing was the same the whole time as it always has been. I did like the good focus and energy, but I had to be careful about dosing it. I am very stim intolerant BTW, I don't drink Coffee or consume caffeine that much.
If you are getting tired of your current PWO, I would give this one a try. I gave it an 8 instead of a 7 because Betcancourt is thinking outside the box with the incorperation of some of their ingredients, which is something I like to see Supplement companies do.
  • Hard To Find The Right Dose
  • Small Crash

Reviews: 81
Reputation: +3567
Excellent review - i had this on my radar screen, many because of the novel ingredients but it seems like it doesn't quite deliver anything extra special.

April 10, 2014

Reviews: 6

Age: 18

April 10, 2014
D Stunner: The Ultimate Pre Workout Boost

This Review Is going to cover different aspects with different values, based on what I consider important in a preworkout.

D Stunner is one of 2 preworkout supplements made and sold by Betancourt.

MACROS --- 5/5

• Not A Great Pump

Joined: 3/2014
Reviews: 6
Reputation: +12
sorry it seems like it failed to upload my entire review :(

Have you used D-Stunner? Submit your own Review!