Beast Mode Reviews

By: Beast Sports Nutrition

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #184 of 221 (better than 17%) in

Beast Mode is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Beast Sports Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

August 16, 2016

What's up SR. This is my 8th review here. I lift weights from Monday to Friday with intense workouts the 5 days most of the times (sometimes 4 days intense haha) so a strong pre-workout for me is necessary. Pre-workouts are probably my second necessary supplement after Protein, they are very important for me. A pre-workout named "Beast Mode" from Beast Sports Nutrition is definitely attractive. The amount of ingredients is also attractive... but don't let that fool you like it did with me lol. I got this on a BOGO deal (total of 90 servings) so it was still a win-win situation for me. Let's see if the name is worth it...

----Ingredient Profile----
This pre-workout has a lot of ingredients, starting with:

- 1g of BCAA in a 5:1:4 ratio. Very underdosed but I thought it would complement the other ingredients plus it's better to have 1g than 0g like other pre-workouts of their category right?
- 1g Alanine
- 500mg of L-Glycine

- 2,459mg of this blend: Carnosyn Beta Alanine, Creapure, Glycerol Powder, Agmatine Sulfate. This blend has good ingredients but it looks very underdosed. It doesn't say how much of each ingredient but I assume it would be approximately 600mg of each ingredient. That's a very underdosed version of Beta-Alanine, Creapure and Glycerol. It would be alright (nothing decent) for Agmatine but considering Agmatine is the last ingredient, I don't think it has 600mg, it probably has like 200mg which is very underdosed.

- 1,479mg of Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Di-Calcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Magnesium Oxide. Not an expert on electrolytes so can't comment much on this.

- 1,245mg of Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Vitamin B1 (50mg), Lotus Seed Extract, Vitamin B3 (10mg), Vitamin B2 (8mg), Vitamin B6 (8mg), Snakeroot extract, Vitamin B12 (667mcg). It doesn't say how much caffeine it has. Considering it says max scoops are 3, then it probably has like 150mg approx. (I'm just assuming). All Vitamin B vitamins support energy production so including them is a plus. Taurine amount will depend on the lotus seed extract and snakerook extract amounts so can't say if it's underdosed. It's probably a little underdosed.

- 800mg of Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, DMAE, L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine, Gingko Biloba. It has good ingredients and they seem to have a good dose from what I've seen from other products. They don't say how much of each ingredient so I can't be sure of that.

TASTE: I got the Pink Lemonade flavor, it was the only one available. It tastes exactly like the name says, like Pink Lemonade, strong flavor, I liked it, it was alright. 7.5/10

MIXABILITY: It never gave me problems mixing it. Mixes easily even with 2 scoops. 10/10

DOSING: Beast Mode claims to begin with 1 scoop with 8oz of water 30 mins before working out. You can increase to 2 scoops and a maximum of 3 scoops when you want to increase the effects. From my experience and according to my routine, 1 scoop wasn't enough, it was very underdosed. This pre-workout requires a minimum of 1.5 and 2 scoops to feel the effects. For "Beast Mode" effects, you have to use 3 scoops but that's just too many scoops and I doubt you will become a beast even with 3 scoops lol. If you're just starting to work out, then 1 scoop might be fine but eventually, you will feel it's underdosed on the main ingredients (BCAA, Beta-Alanine, Creapure, Glycerol, Agmatine, etc).

I had 2 Beast Modes of 45 servings each. The first one worked like a 7.5, the second one worked like a 6, that's why I gave it a 6.5 of Effectiveness. I took like 1 or 2 weeks off between the 2 Beast Modes. Like I've said, Beast Mode with 1 scoop is very underdosed. For you to use only 1 scoop, you need to add extra Creatine, Beta-Alanine and BCAA and that would be more expensive. It's moderately effective with 1.5 scoops and 2 scoops, you will feel it working but nothing extraordinary, nothing "beastly". More scoops than that would be highly effective but more than 2 scoops would be throwing your money to the garbage.

Energy was moderately alright, it seems to be underdosed on Caffeine, they probably expected the Vitamin B vitamins and Taurine to complement the Caffeine, it didn't really do much, I could feel it working but nothing beastly. They also probably expected the underdosed BCAA to complement the underdosed Beta-Alanine, Creapure, Glycerol but it didn't as they are all heavily underdosed. That amount of Creapure, Beta-Alanine and Glycerol is a huge insult, a "bestial" insult lol. I had a separate Dymatize Creatine supplement so I normally used 1.5/2 scoops with 1/1.5 scoops of Dymatize Creatine. It worked alright but still needed a lot to feel like a beast. With the 2nd Beast Mode of 45 servings, it was worse than the first one. My Dymatize Creatine was gone, I lost a lot of strength, energy was low, Once or twice, I even sat on a chair for like 1 hour about to fall asleep lol. They will probably say Beasts deserve to sleep too hahaha.

Pumps were alright, nothing extraordinary either. They didn't last much either. I don't feel competent to judge the "Focus" of this Pre-Workout or any other Pre-Workout so I'm sorry for that. Focus for me depends on many other things of our daily life not related to substances. One day I can have a good focus with intense workouts and the next day I can have very bad workouts with people bothering on the phone and distracting me from workouts. It mainly depends on me and factors outside the ingredients for focus.

I got the 45 servings version for $37 on a BOGO deal at M&S, 90 total servings for $37, great offer! But I can't put a value based on that, otherwise it would be 10/10! Beast Sports recently released a new Beast Mode called "Beast Mode Black" with a different formula so I think the old version will be discontinued soon. Either that or they decreased the prices to get rid of them faster. Amazon has 45 servings of Beast Mode for $30. You can find the 45 serving version ranging from $25 and $35. You will need 2 scoops so it would be 22.5 servings for that price. Not bad but nothing special considering you can get other pre-workouts with deals for a better price. You can find the 30 serving version for like $20 if you look around. So if you want to try it before it gets discontinued or out of stock, then go for it. I recommend the 45 serving version considering you will need 2 scoops. Only get the 30 serving version if you can get it for $15.

----Side Effects----
None, unless you count feeling sad (close to being depressed) because you don't feel like a beast after taking this pre-workout :( hahaha

You won't become a beast, not even close to a beast unless you put 3 scoops. This is a 2 scoop pre-workout. Fancy attractive name but with moderate effects. Good pump, underdosed ingredients overall, slightly increased strength but nothing significant, just an average pre-workout. It has a good value right now because I think it will be discontinued soon so try it before it's out of the market.
  • Moderate Pump
  • Underdosed Ingredients
  • Pink Lemonade: 7/10
Rep: 0
  April 2, 2013

Beast Mode provided a lot of energy for my workout from start to end. I have tried other pre workout products so I was aware of what I wanted out of it. Beast Mode does all it promises, really gets you pumped, training hard and focused, however, the crash was horrible at the end.

Taste and Mixability: 7/10
I did not like the taste of the fruit punch flavor because I could not taste much of fruit punch. Mixing of the powder was easy, just pour the product to shaker bottle together with 18oz of water. No sign of
clumps and powder dissolve quickly in about 8 seconds.

In terms of effectiveness, this is the most important part for a pre workout supplement. Beast mode provided me with enough energy to get me in the mood to go train and train for a good period. Focus was great and strength was noticeable. I noticed after couple weeks dosage doubled because I wanted that good feeling to stay high. I could sense I was building up my tolerance to the product but I justupped the dose and it kept me happy. The crash at the end was worth it because of the good workout I got, but appetite did also suffer.

Beast Mode I think is a great pre-workout supplement that gave me high levels of energy and increase stamina. The mixing of the powder was good, a normal after taste like any other pre workout but all in all it was a great pre. Would definitely use again and recommend. Wish the tub didn't finish so quickly..
  • High Beta Alanine
  • Added Focus
  • Crash Post Workout
  April 24, 2012

Ah yes, Beast Mode. A loooong overdue review for a product that pretty much landed in my lap for free. I actually had to review my "Beast Mode" log to jog my memory, but I remember quite a bit about this pre. To make a long story short, decent preworkout that can serve as a nice change up to a staple product. To make a long story long... keep reading.

Background/Label Claims:

Well, as some of you can remember from my logs and the forum that after a long run around with PharmaPro and Beast Nutrition, lots of bottles of pills and powders changed hands. In the end, I ended up reimbursed with samples, a bottle of Super Test, a bottle of Beast Mode, and a shaker cup. Big shout out to Beast Nutrition for their efficiency and understanding given the situation. If you want to know more, check my "Beast Mode Recomp" log.

Anyways, I figured this would be yet another serviceable "concentrated" preworkout. The label claims that this is a "professional strength pre-workout blend that energizes the body to compete on a higher level." Nothing wrong here, got above average energy with every use. Other claims: quick dissolving powder, fast acting formula, increased energy/focus/intensity, and boost body mass & strength. Other than the fact that the powder mixed like a nightmare and I didn't gain (actually lost) weight while taking this, I'd say that Beast Mode lives up to, but doesn't exceed, the rest of the claims.

Profile: 7

I used 3 scoops at a time versus 2, so my numbers are a bit higher than listed:

Calories: 15
Carbs: 3g
Mass/Density/Muscle Endurance Blend: 9775 mg (CreaPure, Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Di-Arginine Malate, Vandium Citrate)
Energy/Intensity/B-Vit Blend: 612 mg (Caffeine, Thiamine HCl (B1), Niacin, Pyridoxine HCl (B6), Methylcobalamin (B12))
Neurostim Co-Factors: 393 mg (DMAE, Mucuna Puriens, Ginko Biloba, Huperzia Extract)

Active Ingredients: 10.78g/3 scoops

Decent profile but nothing special. I like the fact that they use CreaPure because it's the most pure form of mono. I am also a big fan of Beta Alanine and Citrulline. However, I HATE when supp companies try to pass ANY Arginine off as a pump product, and Vandium Citrate provided no noticeable affects.

Speaking of no noticeable affects, it would appear that even though some solid supps are in the mass prop blend, none of them are properly dosed. The whole prop blend of 5 ingredients doesn't even provide 10 g of ingredient, and for comparison's sake a full dose of CreaPure and Citrulline alone would come to 11 g. Underdosing is a huge pet peeve of mine, so for that, and for adding arginine, the Beast Mode loses points.

Value/Usage: 8

Like I stated earlier, I was taking 3 scoops/workout instead of 2. But I liked that unlike most concentrated preworkout formulas, 3 scoop servings would still provide 30 days of product. With most concentrated pres (Jack3d, Craze, etc.), 3 scoops = 15 servings. Literally double the product.

After shopping around, I found that this product is reasonably priced (as far as pres go) for about $34. At my serving amount, that's ~$1.13/workout. Solid value, not the best, but worthy of an 8 considering how many workouts it will last you.

Taste/Mixability: 5

I had the fruit punch flavor, and I used 3 scoops in ~10 oz of water 5-15 minutes before a workout for 30 straight workouts. Let's just put it this way, this product is not for people who get caught up in minor details like good taste and mixability. Reason being is that this stuff smelled and tasted like fruity cough syrup with a chemically aftertaste, and it mixed pretty terribly. There was never a time where it mixed fully off of one round of shaking the cup, and it left bits on the bottom every time and even stained my cup a few times (until I washed it off). Even when mixed, it was very foamy. But I personally don't put too much stock into taste, and not as much as other do into mixability because I don't mind adding some water to my shaker a few times to get the last bits. Good taste for me is just icing on the cake; Beast Mode = no icing.

Effectiveness: 7

Yet another 7 here. Might as well call this stuff "7s". This did give me energy, but nothing drastic. For those of you who've had Assault (old formula), it's a mild stim blend like that. For those who haven't, imagine 2 cups of black coffee. Nothing special, but better than nothing.

Focus was hit and miss. There were a few days where the going was really good, but on a better note there weren't really any days where it didn't increase focus AT LEAST a tiny bit.

As far as the pump goes, it was definitely there, but mild as well. Considering the Citrulline is the 3rd ingredient in the prop blend of only 9gs, I'd guess there's about 3g Citrulline in here (probably less). I got solid pumps with 6 g pure Citrulline, but 3 g is mild at best. Also considering I got some decent pumps from the Super Test I stacked with this, I'd venture to say this is a mediocre pump product.

As far as strength goes, I did continue to add strength consistently, and I'd venture to say that it was slightly better than taking nothing at all. But I only got the Beta Alanine tingles a few times, which was just re-affirming my underdosed assumption. I was also able to lose weight (~6 lbs) while on this product, but I attribute that mostly to changing the style of my workouts to include plyometrics and sprints. I wouldn't consider this a weight loss product in the slightest.

Overall: 7

As you can see, I am under the assumption that this product is the epitome of an "average" preworkout. There was no singular category that stood out except for value. With every product, there's usually one aspect that sticks out: Jack3d and Muscle Marinade for energy, Craze for focus, Assault for strength, etc. But this one gave average/slightly above average increases in everything. That's not a bad thing, but it's not really a good thing.

In conclusion, Beast Mode is a decent product, but my recommendation is a bit ambiguous. If this stuff falls in your lap like it did for me, or if you find it on sale, or if you just want to take a break from your regular, you should consider running it. If you don't fit those categories, look elsewhere.
  • Added Focus
  • Full 30 Servings
  • Funky Taste
  • Underdosed
  • Includes Arginine
  April 18, 2012

Just finished off my bottle of this stuff today. This is a pre-workout and i had decided to try and est the waters with since jack3d was starting to build a tolerance with me. I had gotten it for around $28

I had ordered the fruit punch flavor and i must say it kind of tastes like cherry robitussen, not the best stuff. But its not about the taste, right? it mixed up perfectly fine in my blender bottle with a little grit at the bottom, i just added a splash of water and pounded the last bit back, cant let any go to waste.

I'm on the border with this stuff. I did notice myself being a little stronger taking this compared to nothing, but nothing too special. I didn't really get a whole lot of energy, just more of my heart wanting to explode while doing cardio on this stuff. The beta-alanine tingle was sick though, took it about 15 mins before i got to the weightroom and by the time i stepped in the door i got tingling and knew it was go-time, everytime.

All in all, there are easily better pre-workouts on the market that i will surely use before i order this stuff again. but for those who are a little strapped on cash it is a starting place.

• High Beta Alanine
  • Not Much Added Energy

Copyright © 2016 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.