PreSurge Unleashed

This product has been reported as discontinued.

By Athletic Edge Nutrition
PreSurge Unleashed Athletic Edge Nutrition
7.8/10
(Weighted average based on 13 Reviews)

Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

joeflah13

This is my favorite all-around preworkout formula

This is my new favorite preworkout supplement BY FAR, and here's why:

Profile: Creapure, Russian Tarragon Extract, GlycoCarn, ALA, Tyrosine,...
This is my new favorite preworkout supplement BY FAR, and here's why:

Profile: Creapure, Russian Tarragon Extract, GlycoCarn, ALA, Tyrosine, Caffeine, Geranium, etc. Very solid overall, high doses of what there needs to be, low/no doses of what there doesn't (0g fat, 2g complex carbs, 10 calorie per scoop).

Taste/Mixability: Very impressive for this product. Mixes like a charm in any bottle (haven't tried cup and spoon method but when I add the powder to the water in my shaker it basically dissolves by itself so I would venture to say the spoon method would work well). I got the Blue Raspberry flavor (as always) and it tastes great. I usually smell a product to guage taste, and this one actually tastes better than it smells. Don't get me wrong, it's no Assault Blue Raspberry (which I would drink all day just to taste it) but it's no slouch in this category. Mixes well, drinks smooth, no chemically aftertaste, and minimal blue residue on your teeth so it doesn't look like you just went down on Papa Smurf.

Energy: HOT DAMN. The major selling point for this is that it has less cafeine than a cup of coffee/scoop, and that withstanding, it delivers the goods. The inclusion of 1,3-Dimethylamlyamine HCL was on point with the energy needs you deserve. To testify to this, I just sat through 5 hours of college classes, took a 1 hour nap, and then took 2 scoops of this and it whipped me into shape. Blew through legs in 50 minutes, and I cut no corners. No jittery feeling during or after, and also no crash. You feel a bit "euphoric" because you have smooth energy to spare with the knowledge you just completed a greuling workout(I can't quite find a more adequate word).

Strength/Vascularity: Again, astonished. Being a concentrated product, I didn't expect much (didn't experience much with Jack3d). But I was proven wrong again. As I mentioned in my Assault review, it seems you kick in to a "higher gear" after you take this product. You do get a "surge" when you take this 10-15 minutes preworkout, and yes pun intended. The good strength may be attributed to the Russian Tarragon Extract aiding the Creapure's absorbtion, but the jury's out on that. Have to do more research. But whatever it is that's in there that's doing it, there's enough in there, and I'm not complaining. Now, for the vascularity (and the main reason why I love the project). This product actually delievers where all others don't (in my opinion). I am a true GlycoCarn believer after taking this. I take 2 scoops 10 minutes preworkout and my veins are more prominant as soon as I finish my warm up set. I was doing legs today and someone asked me what I was doing for biceps. That's how good the vascularity is. And the pump is very full and lasting, you feel it walking out of the gym just as good as you do midway through your workout.

Cons: The only things I can put my finger on would be the fact that (as with all concentrate products) when it says 45 servings you actually end up with 22 or 15 servings because you end up doubling or trippling the doesage to get the adequate effects. And, with all products, I'm a stickler for flavorings and additives. This has a few, including Blue #1. Can't stress this more: toxins in, toxins out. You put toxins in your body, they go through your body. That can't be good, regardless of the doesage. I'm just glad there's only 4 additives (1 natural) and that they're in small doesages.

Overall: This is my favorite all-around preworkout formula. Jack3d makes you tweak out more (which can be good and bad) and Assault gives you a bit more strength (try it and see for yourself), but this product is very comprable to both of those in these categories, and blows everything out in terms of vascularity/pump. To me, that's the main reason for buying a preworkout, so if I need one in the future, I know were to go to. A month's worth (@ 2 scoops/workout) for $29+ shipping is nothing to sneeze at either.

Bravo Athletic Edge, you made a winner.

-JoeFlah

Pros:
Cons:
  • Huge Pump
  • Crazy Vascularity
  • No Crash
  • Some Artificial Ingredients

Posted September 29, 2010
takin it right now myself :] nice review, rep the glycocarn!

Posted September 29, 2010
Very nice reveiw give your self a pat on the back.

Cray

Solid review bro.

Manimal

Posted September 29, 2010
This review must have slipped by me. Very well written and persuading to try.

Nice work dude.

Energy was outstanding

Let me start with how I ended up with this. I ran out of my old faithful Jack3d so I went down to my local Vitamin Shoppe to look around. I ended up buying the sample 10 serving size of NO Xplode NT to try something different. I used it twice and returned it. I have never returned a supplement until then. It sucked that bad. I was talking with one of the employees who I usually chat with while there, and he recommended PSU. He said it was getting more, and more popular with nothing but good reviews from customers. So I went with it.

First impressions on taste took me back to a little kid munching on a Flintstones vitamin. I'm usually not a mixed berry kinda guy, but I really don't mind drinking this. It has a nice flavor with a vitamin undertone just like a Flintstones. They have a new flavor called citrus ice which is supposed to be great. One review likened it to orange Gatorade.

Energy was outstanding. It was clean and jitter free. One scoop of this was comparable to about 2 scoops of Jack3d. Even though most of it is a prop. blend, I like how they at least give you the caffeine content (150mg).

Effectiveness was great. Pumps were fantastic. I had not heard of Glycocarn, but after reading up on it and using it I can tell you it works. Best of all Glycocarn actually has numerous studies to back it up. It is proven to increase plasma nitrate levels.

Value is pretty good also. Both times I bought it on sale for about $32. It's a little more than Jack3d, but I feel it packs a little more punch. It has 45 servings per container.

I'm halfway through my second tub, and I really think this is my new favorite pre-workout. Sorry Jack3d. You had a good run, but PSU is my new mistress.

• Prop Blend

Posted January 2, 2011
GPLC definitely is the king of pumps man. nice review.

Manimal

Posted January 2, 2011
Nicely done man. I just started taking this and I love it so far.

Posted January 2, 2011
nice review...i saw an add in the vitamin shoppe mag on this stuff and was wondering. Now I'm gonna try it. Thanks

Frankiemusc

Posted January 2, 2011
Hey, searched for ur review based on ur recommendations to try this. Putting this to the top of my.list and will buy it next week.

mjftw

I am very pleased with pre surge Unleashed

I was using Jack3d for a while love the product but I started noticing a tolerance to it so I picked up some pre surge Unleashed. After going through this product I can honestly say I have found a new favorite pre workout supplement. It gives me great energy, the pumps are insane and my body would feel rock hard even the day after training. Strength gains were good and I even noticed that I was getting more cut with the product. I am very pleased with pre surge Unleashed and will continue to use the product. The only down side is that I was using 2 scoops so the product ran out pretty quickly. Other than that, its a solid product and it works great!

• Runs Out Quickly

Posted October 6, 2010
Does this stuff make you jittery? or is it more of a focus? Im looking for something new because Jack3d doesnt work on me anymore, and 1MR is like a scoop of crack powder.

Thanks man

mjftw

Posted October 6, 2010
No I dont really feel jittery its more like clean energy 2 scoops should be enough to get you through your workouts

joeflah13

Posted October 6, 2010
yeah buddy, GlycoCarn all day! clean energy and pumps, love it

Overall I would not use this pwo again unless I was on a VERY tight budget

After taking a month off of PWO's I decided to try out PreSurge since I was on a tight budget for supplements.

The ingredient profile is very similar to Jack3d and that is what really grabbed my attention to try it out.

Taste 7/10
I bought the watermelon flavor, it...

Taste 7/10
I bought the watermelon flavor, it was delicious the first week and a half, after that though I began to experience a weird after taste, very sour but also like a flat soda taste, idk just weird, decided to down it through a straw from that point on.

Effectiveness 8/10
This pwo got me pumped up to workout when I was on an extremely empty stomach, like my last meal before taking it was 2 hours prior. However, I had to take 2 scoops to feel the pump. The energy was always short lived, never lasted as long as I expected it too on 2 scoops, but taking 3 scoops seemed to add half an hour to its effects.

Side effects..
Only reason I didnt really enjoy this pwo is because it always made my face flushed soon as I started working out, not to mention gave me cotton mouth but thats usually the case with many pwo.

Overall I would not use this pwo again unless I was on a VERY tight budget. I feel like I could get more out of a gas station energy drink than taking this pwo.

I also want to mention that towards the end of the tub it started to clump together really bad, I have no idea why but I was always having to shake the container before getting a scoop out.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Huge Pump
  • Crazy Vascularity
  • No Crash
  • Gained Tolerance Quickly

jdthered

The energy I recieved was excellent

I went into my local Vitamin Shoppe to pick up more Hemo Rage Ultra Concentrate. After learning they were sold out and waiting on a new shipment so I figured I would give something else a try. The owner suggested PreSurge Unleashed, saying it was the best preworkout they had in the store. I bought a tub on the gentleman's suggestion and the fact that I had read so man good reviews on the product.

The first week I was on the product I loved it. The energy I recieved was excellent. It was such a clean with no "dirty" feeling you get from other PW products. My strength increased and the pumps were very good. I was really enjoying the product.

By the third week everything changed. That clean energy and focus I was getting was no longer there. I became tolerant to the product to fast. I then began taking more than 2 scoops at a time, which was a huge mistake because that then bothered my stomach and resulted in poor preformance at the gym. The pumps were still there but the motivation wasn't. The luster this product had two weeks prior was now dull.

The taste was terrible. I had the Citrus Frost flavor. Very chalky, but from what I hear the other flavor isn't much better.

Overall I would say this product is decent. The first two weeks on it were the best and then turned sluggish. Now all supplements work differently with different people, so give it a try and hopefully you will have a better experience beause for the price its worth a try. As for me, I will be sticking wit my Hemo-Rage Ultra Concentrate.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Nice Pump
  • Some Artificial Ingredients

PreSurge, did it live up to the hype?

I was given this product by a friend who is trains at night and kept him awake. He also gave me a tub of Jack3d which I have reviewed before but it was gummy unfortunately. I have heard much hype about this product being better than Jack3d a while back, based in ingredients and effectiveness. I think it was pricey from big box stores but I looked online and see it under $20 currently.

I read over the instructions and made sure my stomach was empty of food for the set amount of required time and took it within the recommended of going to the gym. I was only using it 3x a week (MWF) on my 5x5 split.

I started with one scoop which didn't do much in terms of energy for me but I did sweat during my workout. I then took 2 scoops on my next few uses but I still didn't feel much of an alert feeling within 15 mins of ingesting, but the energy was there during the workouts. I did sweat, but the energy was no more pronounced than a caffeine tab for me, if even that. I workout at 5am so I usually like a kick in the arse to get going. The taste isnt good, its kind of creamy(nh) for some reason in comparison to others. I drink it down fast so its not really a big deal, but if you sip, you may hate.

I've taken up to 3 scoops of other products previously, like Jack3d but never have done more than one scoop on "one scoop products" such as 1MR. I decided to try an extra scoop of Presurge since it allows up to 3 just to see if it made any more difference. It sure did, but my heart was racing like crazy and I felt horrible mid workout, so I will never do that again. If you can handle 3 scoops then you'll probably feel like a freight train, but this train was derailed.

Some people seem to love this product but I find other products work better for me and I tolerate them better. Some energy supps have left me dry heaving before. Unless someone gives me another tub, I wont be using this product again although it is cheap with a search if you are a fan of this.

Jeepkc

I gained definition and strength while on this product

This is the first pre workout I used that contained caffiene. Im sensitive to stimulants but this was recommended to me from the sales rep at Vitamin Shoppe. I've taken Animal Pump minus the red pill, fast twitch caffiene free etc... The energy from this was great 1 tiny scoop and I was set the first day o used it I worked on biceps and could definitely feel the pumps (glyco carn baby) it was a clean energy and I just went through my workouts with this and noticed I could workout longer without fatigue. No crash which is a plus I've just finished a tub of this 45 servings 1 scoop $35 bucks isn't too bad. I've since have gained a tolerance so I now take 1 1/2 scoop pre workout. I gained definition and strength while on this product . Recommend it if your sensitive to stims or not . Also contains Creapure. Taste was great berry punch. If you like the pump feeling when lifting this is for you !

I had been using Jack 3d for a while with good results

I had been using Jack 3d for a while with good results, but definitely built up a resistance to it. Intrigued by the carnitine / icarrin / herbal angle on PreSurge, I laid down the money to give it a try. It's pretty solid. I don't know that there's much of a "pump" outside of what the gym gives you anyway, but the energy and semi-euphoria are great. Tastes ok, and the endurance and desire to work it promotes is just what I was looking for. I've had a couple of great sessions, and suspect it'll help me get through some plateaus. Plan to go back and forth between Jack 3d and this to keep from building up too much of a tolerance to either.

kyanz

this is the one that has worked ideally for me

Ok, I'll start saying that I joined this site because of this product. I did research on the web before trying another pre-workout. Let's just say I've tried several pre-workouts- the last one I I gave a chance- I thought I was having a heart attack at the gym-NO JOKE. I am extremely sensitive to some of the ingredients on these products (I won't mention the names, as I am a firm believer everyone reacts differently to all these supplements)- anyway, this time I did an extensive amount of research before venturing out again on this category. I'm 26, love hitting the gym, but I work everyday and sometimes I'm extremely tired when my day is over. So I knew I needed some help to get that push when my day finished at work.
    First, I'd like to mention the flavor of this product is excellent. I give it a 10 in flavor compared to my previous experiences. I took half a scoop to begin on my first day, again, keep in mind my experiences before, so I went really conservative! Half a scoop was perfect for me the first time, as the week progressed, I increased to the normal serving. presurge- worked instantly for me. I felt extremely energetic, and was able to do a full work out. I was expecting the dreaded crash the first few days, surprisingly - the crash never came. SO huge points for that! Additionally, I felt extremely focused during my workouts, I still do everyday, I am happy I haven't developed a tolerance, but I think it has something to do with the fact I am working out every other day, so I can rest my muscles in between and don't drink it everyday. I have noted how before I would get extremely fatigued and now fatigue never sets in, even when I've barely slept the night before.

Overall, I give this product a 10, just because I've literally have tried soooo many pre-workouts, and this is the one that has worked ideally for me. I was looking for something to help me with energy, focus, no crash and fatigue "eliminator" and this one did it for me. Again, everyone is different. I'd like to thank the reviewers below, if it weren't for you, I'd still be out there at the gym feeling like death, I was working out without taking anything for a while after my little heart attack scare, after I read here, I felt confident enough to give another product a chance.

Hope this helps women out there looking for a tasty drink to make their workouts more fun!

Xo

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Reduces Fatigue

TigerJT

Posted May 30, 2012
      Nice review. Maybe some paragraphs would help with reading. Not a bad first rev.

It tastes like double bubble gum and not the good kind.

This is not the worst pre-workout I've ever taken. But it was pretty bad. I've taken Jack3d, Assualt, C4, SuperPump Max, NO Xplode....pretty much everything out there and after this I will definitely not be buying Pre-Surge again. Immediately after taking this I got explosive diarrhea. Not only that but 5 minutes after that I got round two of said diarrhea.

In addition to my rough side effects I didn't feel any stimulation, pump, or focus. If this was a diuretic, I would highly recommend it. To be sure that it was the Pre I finished the bottle and every single time I took it I lost everything I had. I did lose some weight due to the repeated stomach evacuation.

It tastes like double bubble gum and not the good kind. I was looking for something new to try and this is not it.

Did anyone else receive these side effects?

Pros:
      Cons:
        • Tastes Awful
        • No Pump