Lit-Up Reviews

By: Applied Nutriceuticals

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 3

Ranks #84 of 172 (better than 51%) in

Lit-Up is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Applied Nutriceuticals. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

AlphandOmega
  January 1, 2012

I have taken White Flood, Jack3d, Ravage, 1MR, C4, NO extreme, NO explode, and Assault. So I have had some experience when it comes to Preworkouts.

Taste: 8
I tried the peach tea flavor, for a pwo formula it's pretty good. Has a slight aftertaste which kinda threw me off, but I am interested in effectiveness not the taste. IT WAS AN ADDED BONUS THOUGH!!!!!

Mixability.7
This product did not mix as well as I expected but it was decent enough. The best way I found was to stir it in a glass then let it cool down in the fridge for a bit.

Energy: 9
This product didn't give as much energy as Jack3d did, but I felt it was a solid clean energy that lasted my entire workout.

Focus: 9
I had a solid mind muscle connection while on the product, which gave me great concentration on my contractions. Kept me on track in the gym on what I was there to do time and time again.

Pump:9
This is where this product shines over other pwos I've tried. I got a great solid pump every single time I used this product. Stacked it with creatine, which made it even better. For the last two scoops I had, I stacked with RPM, just to see what would happen. That was probably the best chest workout I ever had.

Muscle building ingredients: 7
This product is different when it comes to this category. Instead of the typical L-arginine or citruline, beta alanine, and creatine blends this had the beta alanine, D aspartic acid, along with several other ingredients. At 20 years old, I wasn't sure what testosterone effects the DAA would have on me. I definitely felt more aggravated and aggresive when I was at the gym while on this, but it could've all been in my head. I noticed slightly better strength and muscle gains on this then my typical pwos with creatine and protein. Nothing extraordinary though.

Appetite: 10
This product did nothing to kill my appetite as other pwos have in the past. By the end of my workouts I would be craving my post workout shakes.

Value: 10
This products is pretty inexpensive everywhere I've seen, just like Jack3d. For me this products contains everything I look for in a pwo so the low price, even at 2 scoops each workout day is a added bonus.
Overall: 9
This product exceeded my expectations as another Jack3d knockoff. It is completely unique on it's own, delivered on everything that was promised, the only thing I don't really like about this product is the artificial preservatives and sweetners in it.
  • Do Not Mix Well
beaux
  January 18, 2011

There is a great new pre-workout on the market,courtesy of Applied Nutraceuticals, and it is called LIT-UP. The name is an acronym for Lift Increasing Technology.
It is readily available on many online supplement sites, but I purchased it early, directly from AppNut. I believe I paid $36 or so, which I did think was reasonable, and I know it is substantially cheaper if you order through a vendor, like BB.com.
The container is small, as it is a concentrate, but it holds 40 servings if you stick to one scoop. I suspect most users will go for two and I personally take 1.5.
The only flavour is Cherry Citrus. I find it highly palatable, even tasty, and the powder mixes easily in a shaker cup or with a few stirs of a spoon.
LIT-UP imparts a clean, smoothly increasing energy and it lasts for about three hours before gradually tapering off. I felt no crash whatsoever. The energy is not huge, but it is enough stimulation to push you through a long, gruelling workout and there are no side effects to worry about.
LIT-UP is definitely intended for energy enhancement, but it does contain D-Aspartic Acid, which is now all the rage as a testosterone booster. I can't say I noticed anything that might signal higher test levels in my body, but I did seem to be increasing my weights in the gym slightly and certainly pounding out a lot more reps.
LIT-UP contains Beta Alanine and Betaine HCL, two ingredients most lifters seem to favour, and a 'synergistic vitamin blend', which can't be anything but good for you.
AppNut also claims that LIT-UP will not kill hunger and my experience backs that up.
Overall, I would recommend others give this new, and so far unique, preworkout a try. AppNut states on the label, "Keep taking until the tub is empty and then keep buying more." I just might take their advice.
  • Mixes Easily
  • May Boost Testosterone
  • Won't Kill Hunger
    jcoffman8
      May 5, 2011

Ok, so I have been taking this product now for a solid 2 weeks and here is what I think:

Taste: I am not a huge fan of the taste, the cherry is just a little too strong for me, but truth is taste for me is not nearly as important as the efficacy of the product. I do wish that they wouldn't use dyes, or artificial crap, but then again there are very few products out there that don't, so it is what it is. All in all, I can deal with the flavor by adding more water to dilute it.

Effectiveness: This product does a great job and what I would say building up over a period of time (maybe like 30 mins) until you feel a great sense of energy that for me made me wanna go in the gym lift heavy. It almost gave me a sense of mental confidence, I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. The last couple of times that I have gone to the gym my motivation has been in the sh*ter, and this product made me get off my ass and hit it hard! There was absolutely no crash at all, in fact it took a good hour after I left the gym before I realized that I wasn't feeling that pump anymore, and unlike the "crack" like feeling from other products this was the complete opposite. Nice smooth comedown, not tired, cranky, or feeling depleted. I have a pretty high tolerance for stimulants, (big coffee drinker) so for me I used 1.5 scoops 30 mins before I went to the gym and then mixed another .5 scoop with my Modern BCAA to hydrate and keep that feeling going throughout my workout. I have noticed that my muscles don't tire as fast, but that could also be due to the BCAA's during the workout. The only negative that I did feel (which was my own fault) was not drinking enough water which Ultimately lead to me being dehydrated and leaving that "cotton mouth" feeling. Other then that I like it.

Value: I think I paid $25.00 at Vitamin Shoppe, which I think is worth it. Truth is all of the pre-workout supplements run around the same price. I like what it did for me, the only reason why I am giving it an 8 is because I am not completely done the product, so I want to see the end results in another 2 weeks.

If you are looking for a pre-wrokout supplement that doesn't give you the "up and down" feeling, then this is a great product for you. If you can stand the over the top cherry flavor then jump on it, because it's worth it.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Easily
    • No Crash
    • Not A Huge Fan Of The Cherry