Lit-Up

By: Applied Nutriceuticals

Lit-Up is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Applied Nutriceuticals. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Does Lit-Up work?
AlphandOmega
  January 1, 2012

I have taken White Flood, Jack3d, Ravage, 1MR, C4, NO extreme, NO explode, and Assault. So I have had some experience when it comes to Preworkouts.

Taste: 8
I tried the peach tea flavor, for a pwo formula it's pretty good. Has a slight aftertaste which kinda threw me off, but I am interested in effectiveness not the taste. IT WAS AN ADDED BONUS THOUGH!!!!!

Mixability.7
This product did not mix as well as I expected but it was decent enough. The best way I found was to stir it in a glass then let it cool down in the fridge for a bit.

Energy: 9
This product didn't give as much energy as Jack3d did, but I felt it was a solid clean energy that lasted my entire workout.

Focus: 9
I had a solid mind muscle connection while on the product, which gave me great concentration on my contractions. Kept me on track in the gym on what I was there to do time and time again.

Pump:9
This is where this product shines over other pwos I've tried. I got a great solid pump every single time I used this product. Stacked it with creatine, which made it even better. For the last two scoops I had, I stacked with RPM, just to see what would happen. That was probably the best chest workout I ever had.

Muscle building ingredients: 7
This product is different when it comes to this category. Instead of the typical L-arginine or citruline, beta alanine, and creatine blends this had the beta alanine, D aspartic acid, along with several other ingredients. At 20 years old, I wasn't sure what testosterone effects the DAA would have on me. I definitely felt more aggravated and aggresive when I was at the gym while on this, but it could've all been in my head. I noticed slightly better strength and muscle gains on this then my typical pwos with creatine and protein. Nothing extraordinary though.

Appetite: 10
This product did nothing to kill my appetite as other pwos have in the past. By the end of my workouts I would be craving my post workout shakes.

Value: 10
This products is pretty inexpensive everywhere I've seen, just like Jack3d. For me this products contains everything I look for in a pwo so the low price, even at 2 scoops each workout day is a added bonus.
Overall: 9
This product exceeded my expectations as another Jack3d knockoff. It is completely unique on it's own, delivered on everything that was promised, the only thing I don't really like about this product is the artificial preservatives and sweetners in it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Do Not Mix Well

There is a great new pre-workout on the market,courtesy of Applied Nutraceuticals, and it is called LIT-UP. The name is an acronym for Lift Increasing Technology.
It is readily available on many online supplement sites, but I purchased it early, directly from AppNut. I believe I paid $36 or so, which I did think was reasonable, and I know it is substantially cheaper if you order through a vendor, like BB.com.
The container is small,...
The container is small, as it is a concentrate, but it holds 40 servings if you stick to one scoop. I suspect most users will go for two and I personally take 1.5.
The only flavour is Cherry Citrus. I find it highly palatable, even tasty, and the powder mixes easily in a shaker cup or with a few stirs of a spoon.
LIT-UP imparts a clean, smoothly increasing energy and it lasts for about three hours before gradually tapering off. I felt no crash whatsoever. The energy is not huge, but it is enough stimulation to push you through a long, gruelling workout and there are no side effects to worry about.
LIT-UP is definitely intended for energy enhancement, but it does contain D-Aspartic Acid, which is now all the rage as a testosterone booster. I can't say I noticed anything that might signal higher test levels in my body, but I did seem to be increasing my weights in the gym slightly and certainly pounding out a lot more reps.
LIT-UP contains Beta Alanine and Betaine HCL, two ingredients most lifters seem to favour, and a 'synergistic vitamin blend', which can't be anything but good for you.
AppNut also claims that LIT-UP will not kill hunger and my experience backs that up.
Overall, I would recommend others give this new, and so far unique, preworkout a try. AppNut states on the label, "Keep taking until the tub is empty and then keep buying more." I just might take their advice.
 Pros:

January 18, 2011

Nice review.
  • BigRob
    January 18, 2011

Nice man, wanted to know if anybody tried it and here you are, rep´d :)
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.