Applied Nutriceuticals HGHup

HGHup Applied Nutriceuticals
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (26 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 94% (Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Applied Nutriceuticals Free Test Reviews
Free Test (11 Reviews)
BPS Formasurge Reviews
Formasurge (2 Reviews)
Need To Build Muscle HCGenerate Reviews
HCGenerate (5 Reviews)
9.4
Diesel Diesel Test Hardcore Reviews
Diesel Test Hardcore (5 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Powerlab Nutrition Halotest-25 Reviews
Halotest-25 (45 Reviews)
Lecheek Nutrition Mass HGH Reviews
Mass HGH (28 Reviews)
AI Sports Nutrition HGHpro Reviews
HGHpro (17 Reviews)
5.8
Redefine FinaFlex G8 (Old Version) Reviews
FinaFlex G8 (Old Version) (12 Reviews)
6.2

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

HGHup by Applied Nutriceuticals is a natural human growth hormone optimizer. It is best taken before bed.

HGHup Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    HGHup Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Fat Loss (14)
    • Increased Energy (14)
    • Builds Muscle (13)
    • Skin Tone Improvement (11)
    • Hate Takin On Empty Stomach (7)
    • Not Effective (6)
    • Too Expensive (2)
    • Take With No Carbs (2)
    June 5, 2012

Reviews: 68

Age: 25

June 5, 2012
     I would like to thank Applied Nutriceuticals for letting the Expert Reviewer Team test this product, unfortunately this supplement did not deliver as I expected.

Needless to say, I did not get any type of blood that assures me this raised my HGH because it simply too expensive to be doing. I saw on the advertisement on magazines how this supplement raised GH by a significant amount, I cannot tell you if that is accurate or not, but I have a hard time believing that.

Ingredients: well the problem starts here, it has a huge proprietary blend of 3500mg / 5 capsules.

Chlorophytum Borivilanium (75% Extract)*,
    B-Complex,
    Bioperine (95-98% Piperine)**,
    Huperzine-A (Huperzia Serrata 5% Extract)*,
    Selenium

I am not going to discuss each one of this ingredients, but anybody that has used supplements similar to this one before will find some familiar ingredients. It even has the same ingredient that Powerful by USP labs, but it is extract form, Powerful has it Chlorophytum Borivilianum (Root) Velvet Bean (Bean).

It is in a way, pretty standard in what HGH natural supplements concerns, but with a higher price tag.

Effectiveness (6/10): Unfortunately, I felt absolutely no difference while taking this. According to AN, HGHup supports Increased in serum HGH production in the pituitary*
    Supports healthy levels of somatastatin (a hormone that limits GH production)*
    Peripheral actions promote natural testosterone production*
    Promotes Increased androgen receptor structure, function and number*

I ran this in combination with a familiar test booster in my arsenal and I felt no difference with it. I saw nothing, felt nothing. I really have a hard time describing the effects because there were ALMOST none.

Why almost? well I decided to switch things up to see if there was a difference. I decided to take all 5 capsules at nighttime with an empty stomach about 1 hour before going to sleep, just like any other GH natural supplement. Not surprising, this worked really good to provide me a good night sleep. I would knock out quick and wake up refreshed, not groggy or with a "sleep hangover" that you may get from melatonin. I used it like this for the last 8 days of the bottle and it worked excellent every night. I usually barely get 6 hours of sleep, but with this I felt I got a good 8-9 hours, well rested with crazy dreams.

Dosage(3/10): This is a big problem with this supplement, the directions tell you to take 3 capsules in the morning with an empty stomach and 2 in afternoon again with an empty, I don't know if they realize how inconvenient this is. First of all, the only time the stomach is really empty is first thing in the morning, and usually the first thing we want to do is get some carbs and protein in to break the night fast. If you take this in the morning, how long do you have to wait to get something to eat? 1 hour? 2 hours?

Because this was way too much trouble for me, I decided to take this at night to give it a fair shot, at least for the last week, it worked good and the dosing did not seem as obnoxious.

Taste (n/a):

Sides(10/10): no sides, beside common funky dreams of HGH supplements.

Value (4/10): Yes it does have 150 capsules, but the serving size is 5 capsules so you still only get 30 servings; each one at $1.49 that doesn't sound to bad until you see the full price at $44.95 at bodybuilding.com which is the most common place people buy at. I saw it that other sites have it much cheaper than this so I guess then the value may not be too bad; however, it barely works; therefore, the value still bad.

Overall (5.75/10): A mediocre supplement, it does not deliver what they claim it would, at least the advertisement on the magazines is very deceiving. The dosing protocol is extremely annoying, it is quite a bit of pills for a HGH supplement; it is relatively expensive and I had to switch the dosing protocol to actually see effects from it. This will definitely affect the way customers see their product. If this supplement works much better as a sleep aid/hgh booster/recovery than to be taken during the day as a "muscle builder, fat loss, etc," type of supplement, then they should consider the indications they provide their customers or at least an explanation of why this is different from the rest. In other words, I don't recommend this supplement.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Improved Libido
    • Better Sleep
    • Woke Up Energized
    • Take With No Carbs
    Antell32
    Antell32

Joined: 4/2011
    Reviews: 20
    Reputation: +73
    Great review. GH supplements are tough because there's a lot of hype and also many conflicting studies. I've noticed using large amounts of pure GABA before bed has been the most affective.

Cryoburner
    Cryoburner

Joined: 10/2010
    Reviews: 8
    Reputation: +802
    Good review man, but if it was bunk for you, why give the effectiveness a 6? Just curious man.

Reply #3:

Joined: 9/2010
    Reviews: 68
    Reputation: +2135
    @Antell, yea that is true, I personally like GABA, but never taken it before bed, I shall try.

@cryo, it did work as a sleep aid , I mentioned that in my review, everything else was worthless. following their directions for this product was an inconvenience, but if you take before bed it gives you a very restful sleep and it did increase my libido.

Reply #4:

Reputation: 0
    Here is more info about the product:

Reply #5:

Reputation: 0
    And a link to the pilot study where Applied did blood testing:

Scroll down for the pilot study and discussion

November 20, 2012

obey46

Reviews: 8

Age: 32

November 20, 2012
     So I decided to add HGH Up to my App Nut arsenal. I have a few days left and looking back throughout the month's use, I had a great month's worth of intense workouts. Before taking this, my bedtime was around 1am. About a week in of using HGH UP, I was going to bed promptly at 12am. Having Insomnia everynow and then ,I never had a restless night while on HGH Up. I can't believe how great the quality of sleep I was getting from this. I relied on waking up to my alarm at 7:30, but I progressed into waking up on my own at 7am feeling refreshed and ready to start the day. I have not used a sleep aid for the entire time on HGH Up which is big.

Stacked with Free Test and Drive my testosterone was through the roof. Energy was great when first waking up, PR's are progressing each week, and actually losing some weight on a 3500-3700 calorie bulk. When trying to eat at a 4k calorie diet, I barely am gaining weight while on this stack. Which is a good thing as I've been adding less fat to my bulk.

Overall I quite enjoyed this product and have not been disappointed by an AppNut product yet. Though it's a little bit on the pricey side, it's definitely worth it.

Hands down 9.5/10
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Fat Loss
      November 7, 2012

Ericdose

Reviews: 4

Age: 32

November 7, 2012
       Hgh is a solid product. I stacked this with Fat Free and had awesome results. My waistline decreased and I actually hit a few PRs. I also slept like a baby while on this, helping to speed my recovery. I was a bit more aggressive while taking this though, which was just my increase in testosterone. Overall I'd say this is a great product. If you choose to stack the two be prepared for some nice gains and solid sleep.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Fat Loss
      • Muscle Fullness

dieatro14

Reviews: 10

Age: 22

July 19, 2012
         Well here goes another reveiw! Recently i bought HGHup by Applied Nutriceuticals at my local Vitamin Shoppe for 35$ so i figured i would give it a shot. While taking this i was on ON 100%whey and C4. Since my cutting phase is over i lowered the reps to 6 and lower to begin my bulking phase. I also started eating around 4,500 calories so that also helped.

Ingredients:
        B-COMPLEX,
        Bioperine,
        Huperzine-A,
        Selenium
        Not too bad of a blend but it didnt give dosages for each which annoyed me, but nevertheless not too bad.

35 bucks for a 30 day supply is not bad at all.

Effectiveness 6/10:
        I did experience some strength gains while using this but the gains were ones that only i would notice..nothing earth shattering. One thing i really did notice is that my muscle density improved while using this. I wasnt overly impressed with the gains, but i did throw on around 3lbs. The cycle ended yesterday so yes it could be water weight.

They tell you to take 3 in the morning and 2 at night on an empty stomach which is killer when you start a bulking phase. Needless to say i did not follow that, i took them about 45 minutes after i ate breakfast and around an hour after i ate dinner. In my opinion this would be a great support supp if you were to run it with a hard gainer/test booster but on its own it didnt really do all that much.

Like i said, if you are planning on taking this on its own i would advise it..it didnt really do much.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Better Density
        May 11, 2012

Dog4life

Reviews: 22

Age: 26

May 11, 2012
         I was very interested trying this supplement , because i got decent results with Usp Powerfull.
        I did not expected that this supplement would directly increase my muscle mass or HGH !
        My aim was to get better recovery and deep sleep.

Other Supps to mention:

1 MR / superpump 250 pre workout
        Oxy Elite

Dosing :
        Clearly as HGH supplement you have to take the pills with no carbs, avoiding insulin spike.
        This is a bit tricky sometimes. I took 3 caps mid morning 9 am and 2 caps just right before bed

Value 8/10
        1 month supply for 40 bucks form a1supps. Nothin to complain

Effect 9/10 :
        Since was taking heavy stims , oxyelite daily, and as prewrokout BPI 1 MR or Superpump , i needed something to calm me down for good sleep.
        10 mins before sleep i took my 2 caps HGHup : could fall asleep easy, awesome and very deep sleep, vivid dreams. Waking up very refreshed and insane morning wood.
        This stuff really kicks down prolactin, my libido was great on it.

Sideffect 3/10 :
        sometimes waking up i felt groggy and a bit sleepy, because of the really deeeeep sleep.
        But no big deal, since i was taking Oxyelite too in the morning, that really kick started my day.

Results 9/10 :
        Great sleep and recovery, especially recommended if you are using stims (fat burners or some more "hardcore" pre workout supp). Also good product if you goal is to improve libido/lower prolactin.
        In the end it will help you put on more lean mass, since sleep /recovery is essential in bodybuilding.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Fat Loss
        • Take With No Carbs
        March 26, 2012

TRHibbs

Reviews: 2

Age: 24

March 26, 2012
         This Product worked great for me. Everyone's body is different. I would definitely say give it a try.

While taking this, I had the best sleep ever with vivid dreams. I would wake up easily with energy and no cramps. It does build muscle, but mostly due to your diet.

AS with all supplements, trial and error. defiantly worth a shot though.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Fat Loss
        • Muscle Fullness
          March 2, 2012

Dylan808

Reviews: 3

Age: 20

March 2, 2012
           Definitely worked! I would say if anything that is the best about this is the quality of sleep you get from this! However, I saw myself lean up way quicker and have quicker recovery's. I would recommend, just wish it was a little cheaper
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Fat Loss
            January 31, 2012

jburton

Reviews: 15

Age: 30

January 31, 2012
             Does what it says: only when i stopped taking it, it was weird, i stopped this and started taking mhp cyclin and thought it was the cyclin giving me that gh feel but it faded after a few days, so not sure if the hgh'up was trigerd by the cyclin or the gaba because i started that at the same time of cyclin as well.

sucks because it was a strong hgh feeling but it was gone after a few days and never got it back, i tried cyclin a few more times, i love that stuff, but no ghg feeling as strong as with the hgh'up that decided to work the last day i was taking it, there must be a trick to getting it to work.

just wanted to share my experience with it, i wont buy unless i find it dirt cheap cause it is a pain to take.
              January 29, 2012

Reviews: 5

Age: 29

January 29, 2012
               I took HGHup with high hopes just as directed. It says take on an empty stomach and I felt sick the first 2 days following the dose. The 3rd through 5th days i threw up after every dose. The 6th day I ate before and still threw up. I have no idea why I am throwing up. I am still taking free test and their creatine and will write reviews on those. I'm just bummed because i've tried hundreds of supplements and this is the first ipecac one
              BrooklynBuff
              BrooklynBuff

Joined: 8/2010
              Reviews: 11
              Reputation: +802
              Please refrain from hogwash reviews

Joined: 1/2012
              Reviews: 5
              Reputation: -14
              what am i supposed to say? I took it and threw it up.. thats what this site is for, personal reviews of supplements

January 24, 2012

Age: 20

January 24, 2012
               Man I hate to do this to APPNUT because I love them as company and I love their Lit-up and RPM. But here is the story. I won a contest on APPNUT's facebook page and got to choose any one of their products for free. Wanted this because I have heard great things about the sleep this provides and that was what I was looking for at the time. Took this product at full dosage for a full 30 days and then took a week off to judge effects this had.
              This is what I took while on this product:
              CL AM Reduction Shot for about first 15 days
              Axis Labs N'gage
              Barleans Flax seed oil first 27 days
              MP Creatine full 30 days

Dosing:9
              APPNUT reccomends on the bottle taking 3 three capsules in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, both on a empty stomach. I tracked down a APPNUT rep on BB.com and got info for taking this specifically for improving sleep. He suggested taking 5 right before bed, so that was how I dosed the product for the last 28 days. The capsules are easy to swallow and small enough for me that I can pop all of them at once with something to drink no biggy.

Recovery: 1
              I can honestly say that this product did almost next to nothing to help with muscle recovery for me. I am in the first stage of a cut, running almost everyday and supersetting alot. I was less sore than normal but I can attribute that to my N'gage and postworkout shakes with about 99% certainity(especially the aftershock)

Effectiveness: 5
              I lost some Bf and some weight while on this product but I can say that was from my diet, training, and other products that I was taking at the time. I will say the sleep I experienced while on this was great. ONCE I fell asleep I was out cold and experienced vivid and deep dreams. I did not notice any increase in libido. Noticed that my skin was looking better and healthier while taking this product. Furthermore I believe that this product is lacking in its proclaimed gh boosting abilities because the science behind the mucuna and Chlorophytum Borivilanium is not sound in my eyes and I did notice any out of the ordinary strength and muscle gains while on this product. I know I was on a cut but you would think I would notice something?(If you think I am wrong with I just said plz try to clarify it with me)

Value: 4
              This product at full dosage will only last 30 days. The cheapest I have this online is for about 34$ which comes to be about 1.13$ per day which makes this pretty expensive considering. I would get it again just for the sleep benefits if it were a lot cheaper, nuff said there.

Overall: 5
              To put it short and sweet this product lacked a lot for the price, but I will give it credit from I had good experiences from it. But hey everybody is different and responds to products differently. I did get this product for free but I really wished I had asked for some Drive to try.
              Pros:
              Cons:
              • Skin Tone Improvement
              • Better Sleep
              • Can Not Take With Whey
              SoCalLivin
              SoCalLivin

Joined: 3/2011
              Reviews: 20
              Reputation: +824
              Nice review. Unless you want to pay top dollar for a little better sleep, these kind of products are worthless IMO.

Reputation: +1249
              Thanks man. I really had high expectations from this product. But yeah I've tried several so called "GH" boosters like Powerfull and others. The sleep on this was good but the best product I have tried in the same catergory is EST Somadrol but I don't know what the foo happened to that company

Reply #3:

FlashSunday

Joined: 1/2011
              Reviews: 77
              Reputation: +3345
              Great review bro! Check out JMLStocks review on Valerian Root. I'm taking it now for sleep and its pretty good!

Reply #6:
              r1balla
              r1balla

Joined: 2/2012
              Reputation: 0
              honestly, with any OTC HGH booster, taking it 1 month only will yield little results. the only thing i see from HGHup in one month is a BIT harder and strength increase. two bottles back to back and you see some really decent results

Reply #7:

Reputation: +1249
              @r1balla, yeah running it at 2 bottles would honestly probably bring better results but I am not going to go out and drop 40 bucks on another bottle of something that wasn't really doing anything. Especially since the first bottle was free.

Have you used HGHup? Submit your own Review!