HGHup

By: Applied Nutriceuticals

chichistrong

I would like to thank Applied Nutriceuticals for letting the Expert Reviewer Team test this product, unfortunately this supplement did not deliver as I expected.

Needless to say, I did not get any type of blood that assures me this raised my HGH because it simply too expensive to be doing. I saw on the advertisement on magazines how this supplement raised GH by a significant amount, I cannot tell you if that is accurate or not, but I have a hard time believing that.

Ingredients: well the problem starts here, it has a huge proprietary blend of 3500mg / 5 capsules.

Chlorophytum...

B-Complex,
Bioperine (95-98% Piperine)**,
Huperzine-A (Huperzia Serrata 5% Extract)*,
Selenium

I am not going to discuss each one of this ingredients, but anybody that has used supplements similar to this one before will find some familiar ingredients. It even has the same ingredient that Powerful by USP labs, but it is extract form, Powerful has it Chlorophytum Borivilianum (Root) Velvet Bean (Bean).

It is in a way, pretty standard in what HGH natural supplements concerns, but with a higher price tag.

Effectiveness (6/10): Unfortunately, I felt absolutely no difference while taking this. According to AN, HGHup supports Increased in serum HGH production in the pituitary*
Supports healthy levels of somatastatin (a hormone that limits GH production)*
Peripheral actions promote natural testosterone production*
Promotes Increased androgen receptor structure, function and number*

I ran this in combination with a familiar test booster in my arsenal and I felt no difference with it. I saw nothing, felt nothing. I really have a hard time describing the effects because there were ALMOST none.

Why almost? well I decided to switch things up to see if there was a difference. I decided to take all 5 capsules at nighttime with an empty stomach about 1 hour before going to sleep, just like any other GH natural supplement. Not surprising, this worked really good to provide me a good night sleep. I would knock out quick and wake up refreshed, not groggy or with a "sleep hangover" that you may get from melatonin. I used it like this for the last 8 days of the bottle and it worked excellent every night. I usually barely get 6 hours of sleep, but with this I felt I got a good 8-9 hours, well rested with crazy dreams.

Dosage(3/10): This is a big problem with this supplement, the directions tell you to take 3 capsules in the morning with an empty stomach and 2 in afternoon again with an empty, I don't know if they realize how inconvenient this is. First of all, the only time the stomach is really empty is first thing in the morning, and usually the first thing we want to do is get some carbs and protein in to break the night fast. If you take this in the morning, how long do you have to wait to get something to eat? 1 hour? 2 hours?

Because this was way too much trouble for me, I decided to take this at night to give it a fair shot, at least for the last week, it worked good and the dosing did not seem as obnoxious.

Taste (n/a):

Sides(10/10): no sides, beside common funky dreams of HGH supplements.

Value (4/10): Yes it does have 150 capsules, but the serving size is 5 capsules so you still only get 30 servings; each one at $1.49 that doesn't sound to bad until you see the full price at $44.95 at bodybuilding.com which is the most common place people buy at. I saw it that other sites have it much cheaper than this so I guess then the value may not be too bad; however, it barely works; therefore, the value still bad.

Overall (5.75/10): A mediocre supplement, it does not deliver what they claim it would, at least the advertisement on the magazines is very deceiving. The dosing protocol is extremely annoying, it is quite a bit of pills for a HGH supplement; it is relatively expensive and I had to switch the dosing protocol to actually see effects from it. This will definitely affect the way customers see their product. If this supplement works much better as a sleep aid/hgh booster/recovery than to be taken during the day as a "muscle builder, fat loss, etc," type of supplement, then they should consider the indications they provide their customers or at least an explanation of why this is different from the rest. In other words, I don't recommend this supplement.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Better Sleep
  • Woke Up Energized

• Antell32
      June 5, 2012

Great review. GH supplements are tough because there's a lot of hype and also many conflicting studies. I've noticed using large amounts of pure GABA before bed has been the most affective.
    • Cryoburner
      June 5, 2012

Good review man, but if it was bunk for you, why give the effectiveness a 6? Just curious man.
    • chichistrong
      June 5, 2012

@Antell, yea that is true, I personally like GABA, but never taken it before bed, I shall try.

@cryo, it did work as a sleep aid , I mentioned that in my review, everything else was worthless. following their directions for this product was an inconvenience, but if you take before bed it gives you a very restful sleep and it did increase my libido.
    • DT
      (0)
      June 5, 2012

Here is more info about the product:
    • DT
      (0)
      June 5, 2012

And a link to the pilot study where Applied did blood testing:

Scroll down for the pilot study and discussion

This is my first HGH booster..

I had really high hopes for this product. I had tried a few sample packs of PowerFULL and i thought this would be just as good. Not at all what i expected.

Value: 8

This is my first HGH booster..

Value: 8

I bought this at TFSupplements warehouse for $30. It comes with 30 servings and it comes to be a dollar per serving. Not bad considering it being around $45 around the internet.

Overall Effectiveness: 5

Relaxation: 0

I took this around 5 caps 2 hours after my last meal. And felt absolutely nothing. I was expecting to feel a little relaxed or in a sleep mood and it didn't do anything. I even had to take Melatonin to try to help me fall asleep because this didn't do what is thought it would.

Dreams/ Deep Sleep: 7

This did help me with "deep sleep" but this could have been from the Melatonin. I did also experience some somewhat vivid dreams (which i like), so this did do some of it's job.

Fat Loss: 5

This product claims to help with fat loss. I did experience some sort of "lean mass" but that could have easily been from my diet and not eating 2 hours before bed.

Other: 9

I did try this pre workout since it didn't help with any relaxation. I did feel a little more fuller and pumped in my workouts more than usuall. But nothing to extreme. I also did not have any hangover feeling in the morning. I did wake up in a good mood and ready to start fresh everyday.

Overall: 5

This was one of the worst products i have tried (probably due to my age)and would not recommend this as a sleep aid.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Muscle Fullness

• Lorenz0

Cons didn't show up..

*Not Effective

*Doesn't help you go to sleep
      • freek75
        April 16, 2011

Thanks for the heads up, i keep seeing it everywhere i go was going to try it, *** it now!
      • MrNice
        April 16, 2011

U should definitely give biorhythms regenerate a go.

I got a bottle at Gnc for 50
        It helps with recovery and sleep has never been so great.

Vivid dreams
        I thought it was pretty good
      • Lorenz0
        April 16, 2011

Thanks bro i'll keep it in mind.

My next gh booster is going to be hgh pro it's only $28.

And i like the ingredients it has ;)

Man I hate to do this to APPNUT because I love them as company and I love their Lit-up and RPM. But here is the story. I won a contest on APPNUT's facebook page and got to choose any one of their products for free. Wanted this because I have heard great things about the sleep this provides and that was what I was looking for at the time. Took this product at full dosage for a full 30 days and then took a week off to judge effects this had.
      This is what I took while on this product:
      CL AM Reduction Shot for about first 15 days
      Primaforce Green tea
      VPX Clenbutrx the last 3...
      This is what I took while on this product:
      Axis Labs N'gage
      Barleans Flax seed oil first 27 days
      MP Creatine full 30 days

Dosing:9
      APPNUT reccomends on the bottle taking 3 three capsules in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, both on a empty stomach. I tracked down a APPNUT rep on BB.com and got info for taking this specifically for improving sleep. He suggested taking 5 right before bed, so that was how I dosed the product for the last 28 days. The capsules are easy to swallow and small enough for me that I can pop all of them at once with something to drink no biggy.

Recovery: 1
      I can honestly say that this product did almost next to nothing to help with muscle recovery for me. I am in the first stage of a cut, running almost everyday and supersetting alot. I was less sore than normal but I can attribute that to my N'gage and postworkout shakes with about 99% certainity(especially the aftershock)

Effectiveness: 5
      I lost some Bf and some weight while on this product but I can say that was from my diet, training, and other products that I was taking at the time. I will say the sleep I experienced while on this was great. ONCE I fell asleep I was out cold and experienced vivid and deep dreams. I did not notice any increase in libido. Noticed that my skin was looking better and healthier while taking this product. Furthermore I believe that this product is lacking in its proclaimed gh boosting abilities because the science behind the mucuna and Chlorophytum Borivilanium is not sound in my eyes and I did notice any out of the ordinary strength and muscle gains while on this product. I know I was on a cut but you would think I would notice something?(If you think I am wrong with I just said plz try to clarify it with me)

Value: 4
      This product at full dosage will only last 30 days. The cheapest I have this online is for about 34$ which comes to be about 1.13$ per day which makes this pretty expensive considering. I would get it again just for the sleep benefits if it were a lot cheaper, nuff said there.

Overall: 5
      To put it short and sweet this product lacked a lot for the price, but I will give it credit from I had good experiences from it. But hey everybody is different and responds to products differently. I did get this product for free but I really wished I had asked for some Drive to try.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Skin Tone Improvement
      • Better Sleep

• SoCalLivin
          January 24, 2012

Nice review. Unless you want to pay top dollar for a little better sleep, these kind of products are worthless IMO.
          January 24, 2012

Thanks man. I really had high expectations from this product. But yeah I've tried several so called "GH" boosters like Powerfull and others. The sleep on this was good but the best product I have tried in the same catergory is EST Somadrol but I don't know what the foo happened to that company
        • CamSTL

Good solid Review my man, Keep em comin

Thanks CamSTL!!
        • FlashSunday
          January 24, 2012

Great review bro! Check out JMLStocks review on Valerian Root. I'm taking it now for sleep and its pretty good!
        • r1balla
          (-1)
          January 25, 2012

Honestly, with any OTC HGH booster, taking it 1 month only will yield little results. the only thing i see from HGHup in one month is a BIT harder and strength increase. two bottles back to back and you see some really decent results
          January 25, 2012

@r1balla, yeah running it at 2 bottles would honestly probably bring better results but I am not going to go out and drop 40 bucks on another bottle of something that wasn't really doing anything. Especially since the first bottle was free.

HGH up is a very good energy boosting supplement, along with a very powerful libido enhancer, however almost none, if not all, of the ingredients help stimulate GHs, below I'm going to list the MAJOR ingredients and a description of what each is about.

Chlorophytum borivilianum

Chlorophytum borivilianum
        Chlorophytum borivilianum is a herb with lanceolate leaves, from tropical wet forests in peninsular India. The Hindi name is safed musli. It is cultivated and eaten as a leaf vegetable in some parts of India, and its roots are used medicinally as a sex Tonic under the name safed musli. Although it is toxic in large doses, selenium is an essential micronutrient for animals.

Selenium
        Selenium is a component of the unusual amino acids selenocysteine and selenomethionine. In humans, selenium is a trace element nutrient that functions as cofactor for reduction of antioxidant enzymes, such as glutathione peroxidases and certain forms of thioredoxin reductase found in animals and some plants (this enzyme occurs in all living organisms, but not all forms of it in plants require selenium

Huperzine A
        Huperzine A is an acetylcholinesterase inhibititor and NMDA receptor antagonist, although the latter effect is not usually observed within clinically relevant dosages in humans.Huperzine A has also attracted the attention of US medical science. It is currently being investigated as a possible treatment for diseases characterized by neurodegeneration – particularly Alzheimer's disease. It has been found to be an inhibitor of the enzyme acetylcholinesterase. The structure of the complex of huperzine A with acetylcholinesterase has been solved by X-ray crystallography (PDB code: 1VOT; see the 3D structure).This is the same mechanism of action of pharmaceutical drugs such as galantamine and donepezil used to treat Alzheimer's disease. Huperzine A is also a NMDA receptor antagonist which protects the brain against glutamate induced damage, and it appears to increase nerve growth factor levels in rats.

Mucuna pruriens
        Mucuna pruriens seeds contain high concentrations of levodopa, a direct precursor of the neurotransmitter dopamine.

BioPerine
        BioPerine is the only product sourced out of piperine to obtain a patented status for its ability to increase the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. Secondly, it is the only source from piperine to have undergone clinical studies in the U.S. to substantiate its safety and efficacy for nutritional use.

Carnitine
        Carnitine is a quaternary ammonium compound biosynthesized from the amino acids lysine and methionine. In living cells, it is required for the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria during the breakdown of lipids (fats) for the generation of metabolic energy. It is often sold as a nutritional supplement. Carnitine was Originally found as a growth factor for mealworms and labeled vitamin Bt. Carnitine exists in two stereoisomers: Its biologically active form is L-carnitine, whereas its enantiomer, D-carnitine, is biologically inactive.

Magnesium carbonate
        As a food additive magnesium carbonate is known as E504, for which the only known side effect is that it may work as a laxative in high concentrations.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Fat Loss
        • Improved Libido

I've become increasingly more interested in all the recent hype surrounding supplements that claim to raise HGH levels. In the past I have tried things like GABA and a few others that had very limited to no results, nothing worth mentioning. I saw all the ads for Applied Nutriceutical's HGHUp and thought, "why not?", so I gave it a try. I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised! It took about a week for me to feel any effects but they were definitely noticeable. My strength throughout my workouts didn't seem to taper off, it increased my endurance during training, and my workout partner even took note. My libido shot up, which was great for me because it has been down due to the pro-hormones I've been on. Also, I noticed a definite decline in soreness and I saw strength in most exercises. By the end of the bottle I had lost 1.4% B.F. and put on 7 lbs!
          I don't know how many of you have had similar results, but this definitely wont be my last bottle! I strongly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality muscle gainer!
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Improved Libido
          • Fat Loss
          • Increase In Nitrogen Retention

• Cray
              November 4, 2010

Interesting. I was thinking about trying this product.
            • blitz07
              November 4, 2010

Nice review...i just bought some, did you need like any liver support or pct im thinking about it anyways if u dont need it

From a older guy's perspective, I love this stuff. My results to this point (5 weeks)have been fantastic. I first noticed the increase in restful sleep and increased alertness while awake during the first 2 weeks. I am now noticing a major difference in my strength, stamina and my overall look.
            The only thing you can ask from a product is that you get a positive result from it, I would definitely say my experience with HGHup was all of that.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Fat Loss

• etom21
                February 14, 2010

I am 2 weeks into a cycle, so I cant really comment on its effects quite yet, but I want to say one thing. Not being able to eat 2 hours before bed is hard. I am also a college student and drinking/partying certainly doesn't help my night time hunger.

recovery time was decreased and experienced no DOMS. totally deep and sound sleep awoke with lots of energy. at 39 i look for any help with my GH levels and this product is exactly what i was looking for. anyone looking for PH results is looking in the wrong place. if youre 30yo+ try this product and reap the benefits
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Fat Loss
              • Improved Libido

I started using this three weeks ago. I stack it with a fat burner and I workout 5 times a week for at least an hour. I have noticed a huge difference. My chest and shoulders are way more defined. I have almost double all my weight in my workouts and I have never felt better. I have also lost over 7% of straight body fat. Definitely a good decision.
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Fat Loss

• texasmade89
                    August 27, 2010

Can you expand on a little on how you have "never felt better" You mean physically/mentally...
                  • Right2YaDome
                    (-116)
                    August 27, 2010

Im thinking about running two cycles of HGHUP as I hear it's the closest to a pH and you see the best results with 2 bottles, did you use one bottle? Also did it tone up your Abdominals at all, biceps, etc. Did your bicep increase in size at all, I mean throw me some better information.
                  • NickR83
                    August 27, 2010

My bad guys, texasmade89-I have never felt better physically as well as mentally. I definitely have more of a positive attitude. As far as the physical aspect of it to answer both you and Right2YaDome my biceps have definitely gotten bigger and well as my chest, shoulders, and back. My delts are getting bigger and harder everyday. Its almost like after my workout, I can see a big difference and then when I get up the next morning I still notice more of a difference. As far as my abdominals, I am a bigger guy I went in to this weighing 298...I know I know. I stacked this with a fat burner (Rage Version X) and within the first week I dropped about 15 pounds. This then I have added about 10 pounds but I have lost almost 10% of straight body fat. My abs still remain a little hidden but they are definitely harder and more defined. My wife has noticed the most in my change. I only used 1 bottle which is the crazy thing. My personal trainer has noticed my difference and is going to start taking HGHup on his next cycle. This cycle I stacked HGHup with Rage and then I would do a protein shake after every workout. I hope this helps you guys...let me know if there is anything else you want me to answer. Good Luck.

Well here goes another reveiw! Recently i bought HGHup by Applied Nutriceuticals at my local Vitamin Shoppe for 35$ so i figured i would give it a shot. While taking this i was on ON 100%whey and C4. Since my cutting phase is over i lowered the reps to 6 and lower to begin my bulking phase. I also started eating around 4,500 calories so that also helped.

Ingredients:
                  B-COMPLEX,
                  Bioperine,
                  Huperzine-A,
                  Selenium
                  Not too bad of a blend but it didnt give dosages for...

Ingredients:
                  B-COMPLEX,
                  Bioperine,
                  Huperzine-A,
                  Selenium
                  Not too bad of a blend but it didnt give dosages for each which annoyed me, but nevertheless not too bad.

35 bucks for a 30 day supply is not bad at all.

Effectiveness 6/10:
                  I did experience some strength gains while using this but the gains were ones that only i would notice..nothing earth shattering. One thing i really did notice is that my muscle density improved while using this. I wasnt overly impressed with the gains, but i did throw on around 3lbs. The cycle ended yesterday so yes it could be water weight.

They tell you to take 3 in the morning and 2 at night on an empty stomach which is killer when you start a bulking phase. Needless to say i did not follow that, i took them about 45 minutes after i ate breakfast and around an hour after i ate dinner. In my opinion this would be a great support supp if you were to run it with a hard gainer/test booster but on its own it didnt really do all that much.

Like i said, if you are planning on taking this on its own i would advise it..it didnt really do much.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Better Density
                    Dog4life

I was very interested trying this supplement , because i got decent results with Usp Powerfull.
                    I did not expected that this supplement would directly increase my muscle mass or HGH !
                    My aim was to get better recovery and deep sleep.

Other Supps to mention:

1 MR / superpump 250 pre workout
                    Oxy Elite

Dosing :
                    Clearly as HGH supplement you have to take the pills with no carbs, avoiding insulin spike.
                    This is a bit tricky sometimes. I took 3 caps mid morning 9 am and 2 caps just right before bed

Value 8/10
                    1 month supply for 40 bucks form a1supps. Nothin to...
                    My aim was to get better recovery and deep sleep.

Other Supps to mention:

1 MR / superpump 250 pre workout
                    Oxy Elite

Dosing :

Value 8/10
                    1 month supply for 40 bucks form a1supps. Nothin to complain

Effect 9/10 :
                    Since was taking heavy stims , oxyelite daily, and as prewrokout BPI 1 MR or Superpump , i needed something to calm me down for good sleep.
                    10 mins before sleep i took my 2 caps HGHup : could fall asleep easy, awesome and very deep sleep, vivid dreams. Waking up very refreshed and insane morning wood.
                    This stuff really kicks down prolactin, my libido was great on it.

Sideffect 3/10 :
                    sometimes waking up i felt groggy and a bit sleepy, because of the really deeeeep sleep.
                    But no big deal, since i was taking Oxyelite too in the morning, that really kick started my day.

Results 9/10 :
                    Great sleep and recovery, especially recommended if you are using stims (fat burners or some more "hardcore" pre workout supp). Also good product if you goal is to improve libido/lower prolactin.
                    In the end it will help you put on more lean mass, since sleep /recovery is essential in bodybuilding.

Pros:
                     Cons:
                    • Fat Loss
                    • Woke Up Energized
                      Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.