Ritual Reviews

By: ANS Performance

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #17 of 188 (better than 91%) in

Ritual is a Pre-Workout manufactured by ANS Performance. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

Jpotter21

June 25, 2013

I bring to you ANS Ritual. A solid pre workout, from what I believe is a fairly new company. I really enjoyed running this, and definitely feel like it should be on your to try list.

Ingredients-9/10- I'm actually really impressed with the ingredient profile for several reasons. One of them being they fully disclosed important ingredients. Things like Creatine HCL, Beta Alanine, L citrulline, and agamatine. I like this because it lets me know exactly what I'm getting in here. Especially on ingredients where the dosing is crucial. Two scoops yield you a full dose of all of the ingredients listed above. Solid. I wish all companies would do this with pre workouts. List out the important ingredients so we as the user can know what we are getting, than with the stimulants make a blend. Thats exactly what ritual did. The stimulant complex included the following: N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, DN1000â„¢ (Dendrobium Nobile Extract), Caffeine Anhydrous, B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl, AstraGinâ„¢ (Astralagus Membranaceous And Panax Notoginseng Extract. A few I've seen before, and a few I havent. I do wish they could put how much caffeine is in here. Thats really my only complaint with the ingredient profile. Not a deal breaker though.

Dosing- 8/10- I did 2 scoops the whole run. Reason being that gives you full doses Creatine HCL, Beta Alanine, L citrulline, Agamatine. I saw no point in only using 1 scoop. So 2 scoops thirty minutes before you lift your good to go.

Taste-7/10- I had the icy blue freeze. I didn't really care for it. I've never been a fan of anything raspberry, and it was just to sweet for me. Reminded me a lot of Muscle Pharms assult, which is way to sweet for my liking. Again, not bad, but not my cup of tea.

Effectiveness-8/10- Okay so I'll break this down into two sections. One being the actual performance aspect, and the other being focus/energy department. On the performance side of things this thing rocked! Great pumps all workout, fatigue was lessened, muslces felt fuller, vascularity was up. Everything you would want in a pre workout. But heres the kicker. The energy was just so so. I've definitely had better when it comes to the energy focus department. Now to be fair, I did come off of running Ripped Freak which I was up to at certain points almost 700mg of caffeine. Maybe my tolerance was just up, I dont know. But even the focus side of things something was just lacking. I just never really felt the kick in the face like I do with most pres. Maybe they were trying to go for a cleaner,milder, performance driven as opposed to a kick in the face like SX3. So overall I thought it performed quite well, but was lacking on the energy/focus department.

Value-8/10- I actually feel like the value for this is spot on with other pre workouts. Your looking at roughly 29.99, and thats at one of the more expensive online retailers. You might be able to find it cheaper than that. I feel like to get the most out of this you need two scoops, which will last you a little over a month and you'll get roughly 22.5 servings. Thats pretty spot on with most pre workouts on the market. If you do only take one scoop you'll get 45 servings. But than you only get half of the ingredients you'd want to get full dosing on.

Overall-8/10- I feel an 8 is solid here. Its Honestly a great product and I love the product disclosure. They really did a great job, maybe I'll give it another try after I've been off stims for a while and see if the energy picks up. Thats my only complaint. Definitely give this a shot if you have the extra cash to.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Great Pumps
  • Battles Fatigue
petey7408

June 30, 2013

After I rolled out my video review earlier this week, it was requested that I put out my written review as well. So I would like to send out a quick thanks to our friends at ANS Performance. Now, with that out of the way, let's get down to it!

Taste/Mixability - 8.5/10
I had the Icy Blue flavor and I must say that it wasn't the best tasting thing I've ever had. At the same tim, there are far worse products that you could be drinking. My main complaint is that it is overly sweet for my liking, but a little extra water takes care of that pretty well. The only other issue I had here was that this stuff gets a little foamy when you mix it up, but it's nothing that I can't handle.

Ingredient Profile - 9.5/10
This is the area that really shines for Ritual. I like that everything is fully disclosed in the ingredient profile and that they list everything out in full amounts. On top of that, the key ingredients including beta alanine, creatine, betaine, citrulline and agmatine. Better yet, when you do the full 2 scoop serving size, you'll be getting the optimal amount of each of these ingredients at the research recommended amount of each ingredient. Throw in some unique ingredients such as Dendrobium Nobile Extract, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl and AstraGin, I would say this is one of the best and most unique ingredient profiles I've seen recently. One thing that I would like to know though is how much caffeine is included per scoop as well as the amount of AstraGin. With those two things aside, this is a very solid ingredient profile.

Effectiveness - 9.3/10
I got pretty good energy from Ritual and felt that it has a pretty well adjusted amount of stimulants in it, though I would have some concern for those with a very high stimulant tolerance as you're not going to be bouncing off of the walls with this. The endurance was quite good as well and I would hope so as there are the correct doses of beta alanine and creatine in here, and even betaine to aid in the recovery process. FInally, with a gram of agmatine per 2 scoop serving, the pumps and vascularity were quite good and make this product shine. I didn't have a crash following the workout, so this was another good area that they excelled.

Value - 9.0/10
In short, the ingredient profile shines and they have it loaded with high end stuff such as Creapure, AstraGin and Agmapure. For the price you pay, you'll be getting high quality ingredients, good energy and of course great energy and pumps. I'd say that for the price, you get a good bang for your buck.

Overall - 9.4/10
I really enjoyed this pre-workout and it has been the best I've tried since Enhanced. It's a nice change of pace and it is good to see a company focus on quality ingredients and the performance aspect of things instead of seeing how many different stimulants they can cram into a container. The flavor isn't the best, but you won't want to punch someone in the throat while you're drinking it either. So, ingredient profile, effectiveness and value weighing in, I would recommend giving this a try if you're in the hunt for a new pre-workout.

-AP
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Great Pumps
  • Taste Is Too Sweet
MuscleCow
  October 12, 2013

Hey SR, time for another supplement review from the Cow. I ran a full tub and then some of this, and still have more (thankfully).

Now I have to admit, this was probably my most anticipated pre-workout to try this year. Ever since I saw the ingredient profile, I was very intrigued, as it is a very promising looking profile.

Speaking of which, let's take a look at it and I'll give you my thoughts.

----INGREDIENT PROFILE OPINIONS----

Per serving (Total 45 servings)
-Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100 mg 167%*
-Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous) 1250 mg **
-AgmaPureâ„¢ Agmatine Sulfate 500 mg **
-Styphnolobium japonicum extract (flower, bud) supplying Xanthaurine 100 mg **

-PERFORMANCE PROTOCOL Complex 688 mg **
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, DN1000â„¢ (Dendrobium nobile extract), Caffeine Anhydrous, B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl, AstraGinâ„¢ (Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng extract)

Look at that sexy profile, hnnnngh. Alright, well you got plenty of B12 which is good for exercise. You have a solid dose of Beta-Alanine for helping fight lactic acid build up. A decent dose of Citrulline for helping with NO production and getting a pump, as well as some Agmapure Agmatine, which is boss. Creatine Monohydrate, which is great, but personally I like to see a different form of Creatine in a pre-workout since with Mono, you need at least 5grams, and that is easily taken from a bulk tub... would've been nice to have creatine HCL or something similar IMO. You have a great dose of Betaine, which I guess is good, but I don't know how solid the research is on this stuff, but at least it's in there too! Also have 100mg of Xanthaurine (which is also known as Quercetin), this is supposed to act as an antioxidant which scavenges free radicals in the body. It can also reduce blood pressure and therefor aiding in the pump department.

Finally there is a little proprietary blend at the end. I love how the majority of the label is fully disclosed, huge points. In this blend you have a form of Tyrosine , which is great for helping dopamine levels and nor-epinephrine, as well as helping in stressful situations. There is Dendrobium as well which really, everyone started chasing after CRAZE was so effective and everyone thought, "well damn it has to be that Dendrobium!" when in reality, it was the hidden illegal ingredient giving the effect in CRAZE... amphetamines! (Tigerfitness had CRAZE tests come back showing it contained 7.2mg amphetamines per 1 gram, FYI). So I don't know if this really does anything or not. There is Caffeine which is a small amount, I read somewhere that ANS said one serving of Ritual is about the same as a cup of coffee. To wrap it up, the last ingredients are all great, good for helping energy and fat loss, as well as Astragin! Nice final touch for help in uptake.

I would have to give the Profile a solid 10 really, it looks fantastic!

-----TASTE-----
Icy Blue Raspberry (6/10)
Candy Green Apple (7/10)
Now, they don't taste awful, but they don't taste the best either. I have definitely had some better tasting supps, and worse. The Blue Rasp is good, it's less sweet than the apple IMO, but it is not something I would want to drink just to enjoy it. The Candy Green Apple is very very sweet, a little too much. You will want to dilute it quite a bit, especially if you take more than 1 scoop. But it does taste like liquid green jolly rancher so if you love those, then you should love this.

-----MIXABILITY (9/10)-----
I always use a Spider Blender Bottle, and it mixes it up really well. There is little crystals at the bottom usually, which is most likely the Creatine Mono. One thing I noticed is that there were random flakes in the powder, what looked like yellow flakes. Dunno what they were, but you don't notice them when you drink it

-----EFFECTIVENESS (9/10 total tally)-----
I just want to state that first, I found my sweet spot for dosing was 2 to 2.5 scoops. This is what these ratings are based on.

Ok, lets try doing this a different way and look at what ANS Performance claims this will do and then base the effectiveness off of that. There are 4 bullet points on their site, so each will be worth 2.5 points. (less the Astragin absorption bullet, can't rate that).

-Incredible Rush of Energy, Focus and Strength (1.75/2.5 points)
While the energy from this product is far from 'incredible', it did wake me up a little, but I did not feel the energy like I can on most pre-workouts. Now, my focus was crazy good. Every time I took this, I would just want to go lift stuff. When I got to the gym, I wouldn't want to leave and I ended up getting in trouble once or twice from being gone too long. The girlfriend was like "Where the heck were you? You were gone a long time!". Yea well I was in the gym getting my swole on! Strength was also very good and consistent. I never had a bad workout with this stuff, it just might not be for stim-junkies.

-Skin-Splitting Muscle Pumps & Vascularity (2.25/2.5 points)
The pumps I got on this product were very good, and yet again consistent. With the dosage I was taking, I was getting about 3.75 grams of Citrulline, 1.25 grams of Agmatine, and 250mg of Quercetin. I found my vascularity to come out more in my biceps than it normally does, and my forearms were lit up. After my bicep days, they felt really full and pumped up, same with chest days. I would have to say this product definitely delivered for me here. I did take Nanostim with it a couple times and my pumps were even better, it was insane!

-Enhanced Endurance and Performance (2.5/2.5 points)
Going back to the first rating on strength and focus, this definitely gave me better endurance, I never wanted to leave the gym and workout out TOO long sometimes! I also feel this hit the sport on the performance. I was working day shifts and night shifts throughout my tub of this, and I always performed better than I was expecting too, my leg workouts were as good as when I was carb loading months and months ago.

-Amplifies Workout Power Output (2.5/2.5 points)
Again, this can fall in line with my other ratings. I was pushing some solid weight while using this and always left the gym satisfied with my workout. I am glad I grabbed the BOGO on bb.com and have a few more tubs of this.

-----VALUE (9/10)-----
A tub is 45 servings, and at my dosage I was getting anywhere from 18 to 22 servings. Now, regular price for this is about $30 on many sites, but I have found that promotions have been abundant with this. Once I got Ritual with a free Dilate, once with a free HIT, and last time I got 2 Ritual for the price of 1. So really this has been averaging about $15 a tub for me, which is a solid 10++ value! But, this will not always be the case, and even still you are getting a solid dose of all the ingredients per serving, you can just take some caffeine pills if you want more energy. At 2 scoops you will be a little over $1 per serving at regular price, which is totally worth it with what you are getting in each scoop.

----OVERALL (9/10)-----
This is a must try for anyone who is considering it. Yes, I would have liked a different creatine form, but with 2.5 scoops I was almost getting 5grams of mono anyways, and I realize another form of creatine would probably make the price go up. I am very pleased with this product, and will definitely purchase it again.

My only concern is I know they are releasing 2 new flavours soon, and they are marked as 30 serving tubs. I really hope they are either less expensive, or a higher dose/larger scoop per serving. If this is a straight 15 serving per tub cut, I would be very disappointed.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Great Focus
  • Very Consistent
  • Focuses On Performance Aspect
  • Ingredients In Proper Amounts
  • Taste Is Too Sweet
  • Girlfriend Will Question Why You Were At The Gym So Long
Meuth

October 15, 2013

Hello SR community! The most popular category in workout supplements would be a close race between fat burners and preworkouts. Why? Because they are both something that you can normally feel results immediately with because of the stimulants. ANS Performance brings their Pre to the game with Ritual. I bought this as an ANS package deal from NP while looking for a new pre to try. Here are my thoughts on the product:

Taste 8/10

I'll start with taste because for the average supplement user, that's a main reason they either buy or don't buy a supplement. I had the Icy Blue Freeze. I wouldn't come out and say this is the best taste ever but I really did like it. I used more water than normal so it knocked the sweetness down a lot. The first 10 or so days I was using this, I took it alone to gauge the taste and effectiveness alone. After that, I would mix it with the creatine I was using at the time. It really did mix well with other powders since the taste did not clash.

Profile 9/10

As mentioned 91% of this profile is disclosed with only a small amount tied up in a blend. That is a welcome change. The serving size is 8g and here is what you get:

Vitamin C 100mg
B12 150mcg
Creapure 1500mg
Trimethylglycine 1250mg
AgmaPure 500mg
Styphnolobium japonicum 100mg
Performance Protocol Complex 688mg

The caffeine is in the Complex so the exact amount is not known. The company reps say, equal to a large cup of coffee. So that can be anywhere between 125-200mg. Not as stim heavy as most preworkouts so keep that in mind if you're a stim junkie.

I always question the need for creatine in a preworkout, especially when it's at a dosage lower than 3-5g. It's almost like they are asking you to take 2 scoops to get there or close to there. I usually use my own creatine anyway so it's not a big deal.

Quality profile with almost full disclosure. Very pleased with the product they have put together here. Quality over quanity.

Effectiveness 8/10

I must say, this was on point with any preworkout I've ever used. I had a decent energy level and endurance at 1 scoop but nothing major. It didn't take me long to take the serving up to 2 scoops. Once I hit 2, I found that my energy and endurance was great! It was very consistent and never really changed much from day to day even with my crazy work schedule. I was pleased with the results as this met my expectations.

The pump aspect was slightly above normal I'd say. I did not really notice a huge change in pump while using this.

Value 8/10

I picked this up as part of a package intro deal so my price was much better than the current price on the product. It will run you around $33 for 45 servings or 73 cents per serving. This is slightly cheaper than Jack3d. Of course if you use 2 scoops, the cost doubles (for the math challenged). I personally do not think this is too bad for the ingredient profile and the effectiveness of the product. I have seen the package deals pop up from time to time after the introductory one. If you're interested, hop on it when you see it.

Overall 8/10

One side note which does not affect my ratings in anyway: As the powder got built up in the threads of the lid, it got pretty gummed up. The lid would almost get stuck if you tightened it too much! It was during a slightly warm part of the year so that may have influenced that too.

Ritual gets the thumbs up from me for sure. I was pleased with the results, taste, and value. What more can you ask for in a preworkout. I did not have jitters, crashes, or problems sleeping. This seems to be a quality company putting out quality product. Give it a try and let us know how you feel!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Battles Fatigue
Brotein
  September 27, 2013

'Sup SR bros and broettes! Brotein here with another review and this time it's for ANS Performance's Pre-Workout supplement Ritual. Been a while since I've written a review so hopefully I'll shake off some of the rust as I go along.

Profile: (9.5/10)

We have an outstanding ingredient profile when talking about Ritual, and it is as follows:

Per 1 scoop: Vitamin C - 100mg

Vitamin B12 - 150mcg

Beta-Alanine - 1600mg

L-Citrulline - 1500mg

Creatine Monohydrate- 1500mg

Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous) - 1250mg

Agmatine Sulfate - 500mg

Styphnolobium japonicum extract - 100mg

They round it all out with their 688mg "Performance Protocol Complex" of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Dendrobium nobile extract, Caffeine Anhydrous, B-Phenylethylamine HCL, Hordenine HCL, Higenamine HCL, and AstraGin

Quite the All-Star lineup of proven and up-and-coming pre-workout ingredients is what makes Ritual stand out on paper, as we have the first group of ingredients known for improving endurance and performance and the second group of ingredients for energy and focus.

One look at the profile and you know that ANS has put thought and effort into making this product come to fruition. This is one that looks absolutely phenomenal on paper. Bonus points for using Creapure and Agmapure, the trademarked forms of Creatine Mono and Agmatine. AstraGin and Dendrobium are also interesting ingredients to have included.

Dosing: 30 minutes prior to a workout. I played around with 1 scoop for a few days before realizing that it would be pointless to use less than 2 scoops. The 2 scoop serving gives you clinical doses of the Beta-Alanine, Citrulline and Agmatine and Betaine so it should perform particularly well in the performance department.

Effectiveness: (7/10)

That's all good and well Brotein, but how did it perform for you? Well, it certainly received high marks for me in the endurance aspect but fell flat on its face in the energy aspect. The best way I could describe it is that I never had a bad workout with Ritual, but I also never had one that left me saying I could never imagine a workout without a product like this again.

I suppose this is a result of me being fairly stim-tolerant, but I never got that kick in the pants from Ritual that I have from other pre-workouts in the past.

Strangely enough, I also didn't get as many tingles as I would expect from a full dose of Beta-Alanine. I don't supplement with Beta-Alanine on a daily basis so this is something I was looking for in Ritual and actually enjoy getting from a pre-workout, but it was never very prominent. There would be fleeting moments of them in my face and arms but I was always left hoping for more.

Even on my last use of Ritual in which I used 3 scoops I didn't experience many tingles, which I found quite strange.

The endurance and focus from Ritual was pretty good, however. Always felt like I could get a few more reps as opposed to when I didn't take it, so it wasn't a complete letdown.

Value: (9/10)

Managed to snatch this up when it was part of a bundle deal on Nutraplanet that included a full tub of this, a full container of their pump product Dilate, samples of their thermogenic HIT and additional Ritual samples. Got all of this for approximately $38 shipped so I was a happy camper.

Taste: (5/10)

A bit of a side note as we all know taste doesn't affect how a product performs but that I believe is certainly important in influencing whether or not you have a repeat buyer when a customer is on the fence about your product.

I went outside of my comfort zone of Blue Raspberry and got the Candy Green Apple flavor and it was the wrong call in my opinion. The first time wasn't so bad because it was a fairly different flavor that I'm not used to but I quickly grew tired of this and ended up chugging it every time. It felt like I had taken a handful of Charms apple flavored lollipops, threw it into a blender with cold water and said to myself "Drink up!"

I never liked Charms lollipops.

Alas, this is solely my opinion on the flavor and I know there were some guys and gals that enjoyed it so take this section with a grain of salt.

Overall: (8/10)

As a whole, I could say that it was a reasonably enjoyable run with Ritual when disregarding the taste. While Ritual by no means had me feeling like it was a standout pre-workout that I had to rush out and buy again, the value more than made up for any disappointments I had about my purchase.

At this point I'm 50-50 on trying it again (with a different flavor) and I'd most likely only pick it up if a similar deal presented itself, which leads me to the half thumbs-up rating despite an 8 overall.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Battles Fatigue
  • Taste Was Bad
bnichols25
  September 25, 2013

What's up everybody?

Got a review to share with everybody today. When I got back in the gym after a 6 month break, i knew I was going to need a good pre workout to keep me on point. I enjoyed my tub of Ritual and now I will get into the details.

=============Profile 7/10================

The profile on Ritual is pretty broad and full of proven ingredients. It also has a couple extra unique ingredients that I liked. I really liked the profile except for one thing. It was really only at its most effective amounts when taking 2 scoops. It had everything you might want in a PWO (other than 1,3 DM ha). I usually go into more detail in this section but since most people understand the benefits of most ingredients that are in PWO's I won't do that today. But just to reiterate, the profile is great at 2 scoops. Not sure it is necessary to have quite so much Vit. B12 and C since most people will take 2 scoops anyways.

==============Taste 5/10================

If taste is a big factor for you then you might not like this product. I have had both flavors and didn't care for either. There were too many dyes and the flavoring is way too strong.

============= Effectiveness 8/10============

When dosing this product I started out with 1 scoop. That lasted about a week and a half, then upped it to 2 scoops. I didn't realize what I was missing till I started taking 2 ha.

Energy 8/10- I live on a dairy farm and get up at 4am every morning so it was critical that I get clean, long lasting energy from my PWO. Ritual came through in that department. I usually worked out around 10am and it kept me going till about 6pm which was great.

Pump 7/10 - It is difficult to rate this since I took Dilate with it everytime except for once just to see how my pump was to write this review. My pump was above average vs. other PWOs but nothing special when taken alone.

==============Side Effects===============

I had no side effects other than a few sleepless nights. I go to bed around 9 ish and whenever I worked out at night and took Ritual, it was tough to sleep. I ended up just taking it in the afternoon if I knew I was going to workout at night.
==============Value 7/10===============

On paper the value looks as though it should be great. 45 servings for around 30 bucks is pretty good. If you are stim- tolerant though, the value goes way down. I probably got around 26 servings out of this in the end so it wasn't a bad deal at all. Also, considering that I got a deal that included Dilate, 10 samples of HIT, and 2 extra samples of Ritual, I did really good.

==============Overall 8/10==============

I really liked Ritual and might buy more in the future. If you haven't tried it, I would recommend picking up a tub especially if the bundle with Dilate is still going on at Nutraplanet. For all you stim junkies, you might not enjoy it as much as I did. But the average user should enjoy it greatly. I think anyone who likes N.O. Boosters would want to pick up Dilate to go with it because I believe they complement each other very well.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Battles Fatigue
  • Taste Is Too Strong
trey-carmine
  March 9, 2015

ANS Performance has a couple different supplements to help aid you in the gym and Ritual is their performance preworkout. I've also tried their pump pre-workout dilate and paired them together as well but that's for another review I'll complete someday. For now, time to focus on Ritual and if you should make it part of your pre-workout ritual..

Ingredient Profile 8/10

Not a terrible profile here, aside with the PERFORMANCE PROTOCOL Complex at the end. The following is 1 servings of Ritual and in case you didn't know you'll want 2 servings.

Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 100 mg
Agmapure™ Agmatine Sulfate 500 mg
Styphnolobium japonicum extract (flower, bud) 100 mg
supplying Xanthaurine
PERFORMANCE PROTOCOL Complex 688mg
N-Acetyl-L-tyrosine, DN 1000™ (Dendrobium nobile extract), Caffeine Anhydrous, B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl, AstraGin™ (Astralagus membranaceous and Panax notoginseng extract)

The Beta Alanine, Creatine, Betaine. Agmatine are dosed well when supplying yourself 2 scoops, golf clap. The L-Citrulline should be dosed higher but a lot of companies under dose this ingredient for one reason or another. Being it's paired with Agmatine in this formula and you have the option to run Dialate with this I'll leave it alone a bit. I don't like the complex they provide, especially when you include caffeine in it. If I had to estimate I would say between 125-150mg per serving, would still be nice to be aware. You also get other goodies such as phenylethylamine, hordenine, higenamine and astragin thrown in at unknown amounts as well. Majority of them being for mood, focus and some fat burning properties.

5 flavors are offered depending on the servings of tub you choose to purchase. I only tried the peach mango and icy blue freeze, peach mango was by far treated me better.

No issue with mixability.

Dosing is simple enough, you get an option of one or two servings 15-30 minutes pre-workout. 15 minutes was usually suffice for me and I got my kick from the Beta Alanine in no time, was nice that it didn't take long to feel effect. I went from the jump with 2 scoops being I'm use to high stim pre-workouts and knew I wouldn't feel much from just one scoop.

Effectiveness 8/10

Ritual worked for me the first couple times, after that it did nothing. I almost went against better judgment and tried 3 scoops but talked myself out of it. I'm not sure why I built a tolerance after just a couple uses, perhaps I'm use to more intense pre-workouts. The first initial workouts were pleasing, not great, but I wasn't disappointed either. No insane pump to speak of but focus and alertness was present as I expected.

Value 8/10

ANS has Ritual fairly priced and you can usually find the 45 serving option for around $35 give or take depending on your vendor of choice. It's fairly priced with everything you get out of it.

Conclusion

Would I purchase Ritual on my own again, no. I feel comfortable recommending it to someone just starting out with Pre-workouts and certainly would choose it for someone over something such as c4. For me personally it just lacked in the energy department and didn't deliver in what I expected. With a quick tolerance build up for me I'll have to say no thanks to Ritual being added to my pre-workout ritual.
  • Some Ingredients Are Dosed Correctly
  • Complex In Ingredient Profile
workoutguru
  August 21, 2014

This was a product I was pretty excited to try after hearing about it when it first came out. Everything about this product I had been hearing when it first came out made me think this was probably going to be a really good product and could not wait to try it. Well my opinion on this really changed a lot after trying it. It was not all bad and not all good I will explain. A few months back I happen to win a gift card on here for announcing new products and decided to use it and finally get this product to try. Just happened that when I ordered this it came with a free Ritual t-shirt and shaker bottle as a nice little bonus. This has been a review I have been needing to do for awhile now since I got this product a few month ago.

Ingredients:
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100mg
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 150mcg
Creapure® Creatine Monohydrate (micronized) 1500mg
Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous) 1250mg
AgmaPure™ Agmatine Sulfate 500mg
Styphnolobium japonicum extract (flower, bud) supplying Xanthaurine 100mg
PERFORMANCE PROTOCOL Complex 688mg
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, DN1000 (Dendrobium nobile extract), Caffeine Anhydrous, B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl, AstraGin™ (Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng extract)

I feel the ingredient profile for the most part is pretty decent. I feel this has a lot of really good things it in. I feel this is fully dosed and they list everything in full amounts. To get the right dosage you will need to be taking 2 scoops. I really wish they would say how much caffeine they put in here. I feel this is one area they could add more of since it's not very stim heavy. I like some of the extra things they put in here like Dendrobium Nobile Extract, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl and AstraGin. This makes for a rather interesting profile.

Value:
The value for this is not to bad. On most sites you can find this for around $30-$35 for 45 servings. That's not a bad price range if you can get by with 1 scoop which most people will not be able to do if you want to get the proper dosing of each ingredient. If your rocking 2 scoops with I recommend you do than your value does drop a little I think. You do have to remember they do put some higher quality ingredients in this so the price does go up a little. The price is not horrible but I think could be a little lower.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing
I had the Icy Blue Freeze. I can't say this was all that great to drink but tolerable. It had kind of a weird chemical taste to it that I did not really care for. I think it needs a little stronger taste to it. For me it almost seemed like it was kind of tasteless with out a lot of taste to it. I know a lot of people think this was to sweet for them but I did not think that. I am glad to see they came out with a couple newer flavors wicked watermelon and peach mango. I got to try a same of the wicked watermelon and thought that tasted a little better than the icy blue freeze.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no real issues with it mixing up. Never noticed any left over gritty pieces or anything like that on the bottom or sides of my shaker cup. It does get rather foamy when mixed up which I could do with out but it's nothing horrible that I can't deal with. When you start taking this I would recommend you start with two scoops right away. I did not do that for the first half of the container and then noticed a big difference later on when I upped it to two scoops. To get the full dosage of each ingredient you will need to be using two scoops. I don't like it when I have to use two scoops because then you go through the product way to fast. I wish companies would dose there ingredients better so you only need one scoop so then the product would last longer. I think it's just there way of making you go through the product that much faster and then have to get more right away.

The performance part of this product I thought was pretty good and that part of this product really shinned for me. This gave me some decent pumps which I have a hard time noticing at times. I felt more vascular and my muscle felt and looked a little fuller. My muscles also felt a little less fatigued and could push it a little harder and longer. The energy and focus part of this product was so so and could have been better. I feel the amounts of caffeine and other stims in this is lacking a bit and needs to be upped more. If your a stim junky you probably won't enjoy this as much. The one good thing about it not being real stim heavy is that in no way are you going to feel all cracked out and jittery. I like to have some good amounts of stims in a pre-workout to give you that extra energy but not to the point of making you feel all cracked out and jittery because it's to much. The whole metal focus part of this product I thought was lacking a bit. I never really felt that wow kick me in the face feeling that I have gotten with a lot of other pwo's. Not sure what there real plan was on doing this but if I was to guess it would be to have a more milder and cleaner type pre-workout. I really wish they could up this part of it because then I would have enjoyed this product a lot. Going on just the performance part of this product I thought was really good but the energy and focus part just lacked a little to much. I would like to see them reformulate this a little more and put more stims and more focus type ingredients in it. I think that would only make this that much better of a product.

Side Effects:
No real issues with any side effects while taking this. No upset stomach issues from this and not bathroom issues either which was nice.

Overall:
I feel this was a decent product nothing over the top but nothing horrible. I give them a lot of props for disclosing just about everything that is in this. I would recommend trying this at least once. If your someone that can't handle stims very well this would be good for you. Stim Junkies are probably not going to enjoy this part of the product much. Unless they reformulate this product and up the stims and focus ingredients a bit I would probably not try it again. By no means am I saying this is a bad product because its not just needs a little more fine tuning to only help make it a better product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Very Consistent
  • Focuses On Performance Aspect
  • Ingredients In Proper Amounts
  • Taste Was Bad
torpi
  February 23, 2015

----Introduction----
(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
Hey guys, I want to introduce myself to SR community. I am 27-year old male from Slovakia - small country in central Europe. Working-out and observe healthy lifestyle were always one of the most important parts in my life. Although, this will be my first review at SR.com, I want you to know that I am not newbie in supplementation since I have been using it for quite some time, especially whey proteins, BCAAs and other amino acids and a bunch of pre-workouts. However, I am not a native english speaker so in advance I apologize for any grammar mistakes. So lets get to it. I bought this product as an ANS package deal (1+1) from my local supplement store while looking for a new pre-workout to try. Here are my thoughts on the product.
----Ingredient Profile----
(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
This was the main reason why I gave Ritual a shot. Almost full disclosure of all active ingredients, no proprietary blends - besides the "Performance Protocol Complex" - which doesnt bother me that much, because all "big boys" are listed above and are clinically dosed. Per 2 scoops, Ritual has a beautifull combination of all my favorite pre-workout ingredients - 3g of Creapure, 3,2g of Carnosyn, 3g of L-Citrullin, 2,5g of Betain and especially,1g of Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate, which I respond very well on. The proprietary blend called Performance Protocol Complex has ingredients which should primarily help you to promote your mental alertness and also physical endurance. I am not going to talk about the effects of each ingredient in this complex because I think most of you are allready aware of that. However, few of them especially Dendrobium, Higenamine, Hordenine and of course, the Astragin deserve special atention and I was very pleased to see them listed.
----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste - 8/10 - I had 2 flavours - ice blue freeze and candy green apple. To be honest, I dont drink PWO for the taste but for their effects! I had experienced that some of the worst tasting PWOs on the market are one of the most effective ones (especially D-Stunner grape, or Mesomorph watermelon, which on one hand were both really bad-tasting PWOs, but on the other, the most effective ones i have tried). To sum it up, both flavours were quite good, nothing special. However, I found green apple slighly better than icy blue freeze.
Mixability - 10/10 - nothing to complain about here. Both dissolved well with table spoon and didnt need to be shaked in blender-bottle.
Dosing - 9/10 - Both tubs had 45 servings. However, in 1 scoop serving you only get half amouth of active ingredients. So as I mention above, I went straight to 2 scoops, because I want to get all the benefits from it. Alongside Ritual, I sipped Amino X as an intra-workout to get the extra aminos. Somethimes I used 1 scoop of Ritual pre and 1 intra workout with Amino X and I didnt notice much difference in my performance. Nonetheless, I found that 2 scoops of Ritual pre + 1 scoop of Amino X intra works slighly better for me.
----Effectiveness----
9/10. I must say, this was one of the best preworkout I've ever used. I had a great energy levels and endurance and really didnt have to rise the serving size from first to the last day i used Ritual. I was very pleased with the results because the fact that my work-out routines are quite long and intensive (1,5-2h). I have always try to limit the rests periods between sets as much as I can and at this point, Ritual helped me a lot. Dont get me wrong, its not a jittery type of energy. Its an type of smooth and consistent energy that keeps you moving on and on and at the same time fully concentrate your mind on every rep and every set you make - and that was the type of PWO I was looking for. As for the pumps, I noticed slighly better vascularity, but nothing overwhelming. To be honest i expected more from Ritual in this departament. Dr. Jekyll and Hemavol are definitely better options if you are looking for pump-type of PWO.

----Value----
9/10 I bought 1+1 package for 30Euro, which is really good price-deal for PWO supplement in my country. However, ranking 9 is because you have to double the serving size, if you want to get full benefits from it. Means that if you buy 1 tub, you get "only" 22-23 "full" servings. But on the other hand I still think it was worth the price, even If I had to buy 1 tub for the same price.

----Side Effects----
I did not experiance any serious side effects. Only once, when i trippled the serving size I felt slightly dizzy for fist few minutes of my workout, but it dissapeared quickly.

----Conclusion----
In my honest opinion, I think that the ANS Ritual is one of the best PWOs I have ever had. Its not that type of stim PWO like old Jack3d, Mesomorph, Craze, D-Stunner...which hits you really hard and get you that "IFBB pro feeling" in the gym. Its not that type of jittery energy that Ritual provides. It didnt make You break your PR every training session. Its more about the endurance and a sustained feeling of everlasting energy, combined with the laser sharp focus. My final judgement is that Ritual is ideal for long, high intensity super-set type of training sessions. So if you want a "balls to the walls" kind of stimulant, Ritual is definitely NOT for you. If you want long-lasting energy and endurance, combined with the sharp focus, then ANS Ritual is definitely one of the best options on the market.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Great Focus
  • Very Consistent
  • Focuses On Performance Aspect
  • Ingredients In Proper Amounts
  • Girlfriend Will Question Why You Were At The Gym So Long
codewheelz
  January 31, 2014

Been using SR.com for quite a while now and have decided to finally throw my hat in the ring and try to give back to the site that has given to me.

I've been a long time stim junkie having tried things from MP Assault, PES Enhanced, CL White Flood, NO Xplode, 1MR,Jack3d, SuperPump250, Animal Rage, etc. For the most part I've been underwhelmed. I read a review for Ritual on stack3d.com and it came highly recommended.

I had a mix-up with a Canadian company when ordering some Enhanced. They offered to send me a free tub, but by the time I cashed in they discontinued it but started carrying Ritual. I requested some and BOOM, they delivered. Here's the low down:

Taste 7/10
Taste in pre isn't a huge factor for me. It's also hard to judge based on subjectivity. For comparison, two of the worst pres I've tasted were Orange SuperPump250 and any flavour of Jack3d. My faves are any Assault flavours (stuff's like kool-aid).

I found this was more like Assault but not quite as sweet. It wasn't a delicious flavour that I would want to sip on all day, but for a quick toss-back it wasn't too bad. Quite chemically. I probably used twice the recommended water when mixing. Speaking of mixing, it mixed pretty good every time. I usually had to add a little water at the end to get the little gritty's at the bottom, but no big deal.

If you want something that tastes like juice, drink juice.

Profile 8/10

I would give this a higher score except for the fact that it has a Prop. blend and the company refuses to release how much caffeine is in each scoop ("As much as a large cup of coffee"). While that does give you a bit of a range, some people who may be more sensitive to stims may be turned off by this.

Each scoop (8g) contains:
Vitamin C 100mg
B12 150mcg
Creapure 1500mg
Trimethylglycine 1250mg
AgmaPure 500mg
Styphnolobium japonicum 100mg
Performance Protocol Complex 688mg

I liked that there was some key ingredients outside the prop blend. Two scoops seems to give you the clinically supported doses of Beta-alanine, L-Citrulline, Creapure (maybe a tad low) and AgmaPure.

Effectiveness 9/10

I can't give a 10, because I'm not certain there will never be a better pre than this one, but IMO it's one of the best out there.
I started dosing at two scoops and it was game over. I found it had a "what-just-happened?" type effect. I would go through my workout just doing my thing, and then suddenly it was done and it felt like I had hardly done anything. I'd look at my workout log and realize that I had a PR in all my main lifts. It was crazy.

Energy was pretty good. Very smooth and not jittery. Never felt like my heart was going to explode.

The pump was pretty good. Nothing that is dropping jaws but I definitely noticed an increased swell.

What I really noticed was an increase of size and strength while leaning down. My friend, who hadn't seen me in two weeks, said that I was noticeably bigger. Nothing changed besides my move from Assault to Ritual.

There were some times when I noticed a "tingling in my teeth". I love the BA tingles but this was different. Wasn't itchy, just felt a tickle in my mouth.

Value 8/10
As I said earlier, I got this tub for free, so the value was unreal! However, if you're going from bb.com, it'll run you about $.78CDN/scoop ($.73US)from a 45 serving tub. Taking two scoops it's around $1.50 a workout. Not outrageous but not the best. They just released a 30 scoop tub which adds about $.10 a scoop.

Using 1.5-2 scoops a workout will last you 20-30 workouts. For myself, working out 3-4 times a week this thing lasted me about 7 weeks.

Overall 9/10

To sum it up: I definitely plan on adding this back into my stack after I take some time off of caffeine. Saw good results while on it and would recommend it to anyone looking to try out a new pre. Will hopefully have the opportunity to try some other ANS products.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Ingredients In Proper Amounts
  • Very Consistent
  • Great Focus
  • Taste Is Too Strong