Home > Categories > Pre-Workout > Stimulant > AllMax > Razor 8 Blast > Reviews

Razor 8 Blast

By AllMax
Razor 8 Blast AllMax
8.5/10
(Weighted average based on 26 Reviews)

Ranks #3 of 156 (better than 99%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

MrAppleman's Razor 8 Blast Review

I have been trying to get away from giving the products I review such high scores. But this one truly deserves it in my opinion. Here is why. I took this in combination with asteroid stack, then after two runs of asteroid stacks i switched to c20 and powerfull and yok3d was on the whole tub. I am sure these supplements contributed to my ability to be un fatiqued during my workouts but I also have run all of those except C20 before and know how they affect my body in combinations of different preworkouts. I also took this during a bulk and the begining of my recomposition so my diet was quite abundant of carbs and protein.

Supplement Facts
-Geranamine (1.3-Dimethyl-Amylamine) (Geranium Stem Oil Extract) 42mg
-Hordenine (N,N-Dimethyl-4-Hydroxy-Phenylethylamine) 26mg
-Yohimbine HCl 9mg
ATP Enhancer/Myofibril Acidification Buffer 5425mg
-Creatine Monohydrate (Ultra-Pure 200 Mesh Microparticulated Pharma-Grade Creatine) 5000mg
-Beta-SYNTH Beta-Alanine 325mg
-Creatinol-O-Phosphate 100mg
Endothelial Expansion/Hemodynamic Volumizer 3704mg
-Arginine AKG (2:1), Arginine HCl, Arginine Pyroglutamate (1:1), Arginine Ethyl Ester HCl
Polymethoxylated FFA Release Extension/Hyperlytic Acceleration 41mg
-Yerba Mate Green Tea Standardized Extract 20mg
-Phenylethylamine Hydrochloride 12mg
-Grapefruit Extract (providing Naringin) 9mg

(I think they just updated their serving size by cutting it in half I saw a different flavored tub on allstarhealth.com for 80 servings at 7 grams per serving.)

Effectiveness- 10 - This deserves a score of 10 because not only did it work and do its job well, it was consistent from the first day to the last. One of the things I noticed was that it was a little different from most preworkouts where as you drink it and get a rush of caffeine right away this seemed to sneak up on me. I would drink 1 serving and maybe 15-25 minutes later I would be going feeling a lot of energy and focused. Not like wound up either. Some preworkouts make you feel super energized for the first 30 minutes and then it tapers out and is so so. This seemed to sneak up on me and bam I would be full of energy. and it would stay around. I mentioned before about the other supplements I was stacking but I would not get fatigued. It may be from them but This certainly helped. I would work out hard as possible, Heavy and intense or I would mix it up. I would have to force myself to stop lifting. I liked how pumped up i would get, not like stimmed out energy or muscle pump but more like ready to dominate. I got really into whatever I was doing. Like with my jump roping I found my self going around in a circle or back and forth or side to side switching legs. instead of jumping in one spot. It is strong and packed full of stimulants, So there is also that boost from the stimulants. As for pump that was hard to tell as I was taking Yok3d and that gives me such good pumps I could not really say that this changed it much. Not to say it does not give any just that I could not tell in combination with the Yok3d.

Value - 10 - there are several reasons value scores a ten. Proprietary blend is one of them. I really like being able to tell how much of something is in my supplements. I know they are ordered greatest to least amount wise but you still have no idea how much other companies are putting in. 2nd reason. One serving is exactly that. No messing around finding out what will work for you (well unless you need less because it is actually that potent that you may need only half a scoop) that is a good thing though. But in terms of servings amount this will run you 40 workouts one scoop per workout. More if you need less. More bang for your buck. There is nothing I hate more than dividing a total serving by 3 or 2 to find out I am only getting 15 or 20 workouts out of something that I paid that claims 50 workouts. And these are 40 Good Potent scoops. If I were to try to use 1 scoop per workout of some other brands my workouts would be lame. So each scoop is priced under a dollar. I paid 35 dollars for a tub(87 cents a serving) which in my opinion is great compared to other brands and considering the potency of the product. Some claim they need half a scoop, which would mean 80 workouts or 60 if you took 3/4. I dont think any product comes close in that regard. Potency per scoop. 5 grams a creatine per scoop. plenty of Caffeine and DMAA and lots of other goodies. Not much more expensive than other inferior products and some may cost more. This will outlast any tub on the market with plenty of potency.

Taste- 10- Simply because it does not make you gag. Which is all I believe could be asked for granted what is in the stuff. Not bad not great but easily chugable or sippable. Nothing spectacular but hey who cares in the next minute or two its all in your stomach.

Overall 10
Great effectiveness guarenteed to last and good price which will last you many workouts and even tastes kind of decent if you are into that. I recommend Razor8 Blast and will be certain to pick up many tubs in the future.

Posted March 19, 2012
Good review man.

Str8up

Str8up's Razor 8 Blast Review

Jack3d has nothing on this bad boy.

Allmax never seems to disappoint me. This supplement is no exception.

Jack3d has nothing on this bad boy.

Allmax never seems to disappoint me. This supplement is no exception.

Makes me feel like a beast at the gym. Pop in my earphones and bump some of my metal tracks while I got this in me and I have one hell of a good workout. IMO I think it's stronger than Jack3d.

At first when I saw the price tag of $40, I thought to myself, "The servings are probably 30-40". Well boy was I wrong. 80 servings for $40? That's a buck for two workouts. Gotta love it!

Taste: 7.5/10

Here's this supplements only drawback; it's taste. It took a while for me to get used to. Has a somewhat bitter, sweet, and sour taste all in one. But we're not buying pre-workouts for taste now, are we? ;)

Recommended? YES!

If anyone is thinking about giving this supplement a shot, then buy it and you will not be disappointed.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Has Yohimbine!
  • Has Built In Fat Burners
  • Incredible Focus And Energy
  • Shows All Nutritional Information!
  • Good Focus And Drive
  • Good Pump

kris65

Posted December 15, 2011
Nice review man, might have to try this out at some point. REP+

FlashSunday

Posted December 15, 2011
Good review. Just a tip, if you put down the ingredient profile it helps a lot!

markp

Posted December 15, 2011
Good review man I love this stuff. I agree on the taste, it's a little unpleasant but not unbearable. Did you take the half scoop serving regularly?

Str8up

Posted December 15, 2011
Kris - Yeah man go for it!

Flash - Thanks man I'll remember that for next time

Mark - I took a full scoop of the stuff 15-20 minutes before my workout. It kicks in pretty quick.

WarMachine

WarMachine's Razor 8 Blast Review

For those of you who have read my profile and some of my forum replies to other members' posts, you know that I am a fan of the pre-workout juggernaut by infinite labs. However, I believe I may have found juggernaut's superior competitor. First, I will confess I have not completed a full container, but I have used it for at least two weeks now for roughly 8 workouts. Some of you may believe that it may be to soon to review this product and perhaps I should wait till the container is finished. I apologize but I couldn't wait to post my review. Also I would like to note that while taking razor8 I am also currently taking kre-alkalyne, d-pol, a-hd, compound 20 and myofusion. When I am completed with these supplements, I will post reviews for them all.

Value (10): I was able to get a full tub for about 30 dollars at a local supplement store in my home town. Each tub has enough for 40 workouts (if you choose the full scoop dosage as a opposed to 1/2 a scoop). To me, this is an excellent value for a highly effective product.

Taste: (7): It only comes in one flavor, triple berry. Not the worst thing I have tasted, but its not someting I would put on the beverage menu at your local Friendly's ice cream. On the other hand, we want effectiveness not a tasty treat.

Ingredient Profile (10): Below is Razor8's ingredient profile;

Serving Size: 1/2 of 1 scoop (6.8 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 80

Amount Per Serving

Total Calories - 5
Sodium (as trisodium citrate) - 105 mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates - 1.3 g 1%
Sugars - 0 g

CNS Stimulation/ FFA Release/ Beta Agonist Pharmaceutical-grade pure synthetic caffeine (170 mg), Di-Caffeine malate (1,3-Trimethylxanthine isolate)(23 mg), DMAA (1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCI)(19 mg), Hordenine (N,N-Dimethyl-4-Hydroxy-Phenylethylamine)(13 mg), Yohimbine HCI (5 mg) - 230 mg

ATP Enhancer/ Myofibril Acidification Buffer Creatine Monohydrate (ultra-pure 200 mesh microparticulated pharma-grade creatine) (2,500 mg), Beta-SYNTHâ„¢ Beta-Alanine (163 mg), Creatinol-O-Phosphate (C.O.P)(50 mg) - 2,713 mg

Endothelial Expansion/ Hemodynamic Volumizer Arginine AKG (2:1), Arginine HCI, Arginine Pyroglutamate (1:1), Arginine Ethyl Ester HCI - 1,852 mg

Polymethoxylated FFA Release Extension/ Hyperlytic Acceleration Yerba Mate Green Tea standardized extract (10 mg), Phenylethylamine Hydrochloride (6 mg), Grapefruit extract (providing Naringin)(5 mg) - 21 mg

As you can see the supplement containes an abundance of your basic pre-workout energy enhancers such as caffeine, arginine, DMAA, an creatine. There are also some nice bonuses such as Yohimbine HCl and Yerba mate. Both of these ingredients are capable of helping the body utilize fat as energy. Yerba mate also has been acquitted with some antioxidant properties. There is also some hordenine, an alkaloid that stimulates the release of norepinephrine. This results in an increase in focus and attention. Finally, there is grapefruit extract which I believe aids in the absorption of the ingredients and has some energy enhancing properties of its own.

One big major pro with this profile is that all of the major ingredients are clearly listed with their quantities, rather than hidden in a proprietary blend. This allows users who may be conscientious about stimulants to clearly observe the ingredients and decide whether or not the product is right for them.

Effectiveness (10): Hands down, one of the absolute most effective pre-workouts I have ever used. The energy and focus induced by this product are equal to that of juggernaut being intense and long lasting. However, razor8 gives much more effective pumps and endurance, so this is where razor8 seems to surpass juggernaut. Nevertheless, I am also taking d-pol I am definately sure that the Nitratine in there complemented the pumps very well.

Overall (10): Razor8 is a highly efficient pre-workout energy enhancer and pump inducer. I stronly recommend it to anyone looking for an effective pre-workout and as an addition to a fat-loss regimen, since its got Yohimbine HCl. I will not stress enough though that you should definately look over the ingredient profile thoroughly to ensure that the product is right for you. This is important especially if you are stim sensitive.

Hope my review helps, train hard guys!!!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Has Built In Fat Burners
  • Has Yohimbine
  • Users Who React Badly To Yohimbine May Find Its Addition A Con

Posted February 12, 2012
Good review man. I definitely got to check this out sometime.

Posted February 12, 2012
Im also a huge Juggernaut fan dude! So I'll have to grab a tub of this!

workoutguru's Razor 8 Blast Review

There were a few newer pre-workout I had heard about that I wanted to give a try. I decided on Razor 8 because of the amount of servings you get in it. 80 servings is what I thought you got in this but it is really 80 1 half scoop and 40 1 full scoop.

The value of this stuff was not ok...

The value of this stuff was not ok but could be a little better. I think they could lower the price a little. I got it for $36.99 which I thought was just a little high. I think they should lower the price a little and sell it for around $30 or just under that.

I thought this stuff worked pretty good for me. I got some good energy off this stuff and it helped me build a little more muscle and get more cut up. When I did any kind of cardio workout I felt like I sweated twice as much when using this stuff.

I like a lot of the ingredients they put in this stuff but some stuff I think they went a little over board on. There were times when I took this that it caused me to get a bit of an upset stomach half way through my workout. I felt like I did not want to do anything until I felt better. When I took this stuff I always took 1 full scoop because usally I can handle a lot of stims. It did not always give me an upset stomach when I took the full 1 scoop it just did that once in awhile. Why it did not do that all the time I don't. I think this stuff is a little strong on the stims. If your a person who is real sensitive to a lot of stims I would recommend only doing 1 half scoop. I would never do more than 1 full scoop.

The taste of this stuff is ok nothing real great but a lot better than some other products out there. Triple Berry Blast is the flavor they make. After awhile I got to where I was not liking the taste of this stuff they much anymore. This stuff left me with kind of a bad after taste which I did not like. I really wish they had more flavors to choose from. I think they could improve the taste on this a little so it's not as bitter.

I thought this stuff mixed up fairly well. I notice after I mixed it up that it would get real foamy which I did not like. I did not like drinking all this foam that form on the top.

I noticed that this stuff has 1,3 Dimethylamylamine which is know being banned by the FDA. I found out one of the side effects to taking 1,3 Dim is that it thins your blood vessels and cause you more shortness of breath and tightness in your chest. After reading that I started to think about it and realized I did notice a lot of times where I had a lot more shortness of breath and felt a lot more winded at times. So far on the list of products that have 1,3 dim that are being banned this stuff is not on the list that I saw. They may have recently added it I don't.

If it was not for the upset stomach and the taste of it I would for sure get this again. It helped me pack on a little more size and stregth. I would recommend this stuff if you can handle a lot of stims.

WarMachine

Posted May 20, 2012
Razor8 now comes in lemon lime, I am currently using that flavor and its actually not bad.

Posted May 20, 2012
Wehre I talked about value. It was suppose to say I thought the pice of this was ok Remove the word not in front of ok. I forget to take that work out.

Posted May 20, 2012
I just may have to give the Lemon Lime a try. I hope they will make a couple more new flavors also.

SSGdimsmash's Razor 8 Blast Review

First review here we go.
First review here we go.
Just finished my first tub of Razor 8 Blast powder and I have to say this stuff is amazing. Used Jack3d previously went through 3 tubs of that. This stuff blows it out of the water it has everything you need but the Beta Alanine is a little low so I added my own to even it out, but it has all the creatine and akg you need. As far as the intensity of the stims wow for a stim junkie like me you cant beat it with 5 scoops of the other stuff. spend 2 hours a night in my dungeon of a gym in afghan could spend my whole shift. All of my lifts and my physique have improved drasticly while on it. The taste is not horrible but not as good as jack3d I shot gun so it doesnt affect me. I give it an 8 on value only because allstar health were i got it charges outrageously for APO shipping other than that its base price of 35.99 is a 10. Hope this review helps and wasnt horrible for my first.

• One Scoop Does The Magic Trick

I love the flushed feeling from beta-alanine

I was really skeptical about this product when I was at Drug Emporium. I had never heard of it and had never seen anything written up about it, but the label looked promising. I almost purchased 1MR instead because I know it's legit, but for 40 scoops for only $36, I gave it a shot.

Loved...

Loved it! I took this and within 10 mins I was already startin to get flushed and my focus was narrowing. I love the flushed feeling from beta-alanine, but some don't. If you don't, it went away after only 5 mins or so; nothing too long. I did not get the jitters and my heart never once felt like it was gonna pop outta my chest (I hate all that and it's unhealthy). This gave me a good Drive, focus, and pump for a solid hour of lifting and then even had some energy to play a few rounds of racquetball for cardio.

Hard to say on my strength and size because I took this along with Xtend and Animal Stak and have read that Animal Stak noticebly increases strength and size, so my results are a combo of the 3. Sorry, wish I could give thorough numbers on Razor only. My strength did seem to begin to increase quicker than usual and so did my physique. And yes, for those out there who've tried the Animal Stak, I took out the caffeine pill so I wouldn't double up on it.

If you do a warm up, I would recommend taking this 10mins before instead of 30. I use the elliptical for 5 mins for my warm up and the effects of Razor were really great for me 15-20 mins after consuming it, which was right at the start of my 1st exercise, not my warm up.

The taste is crap, but I've sure had worse. My bro had a hard time gettin it down. I don't want to discourage anyone, but he almost threw up lol. Now, after saying that, he's brand new to working out and still has a hard time drinking protein which can be real bad depending on the brand and flavor. I had no problem gettin it down and it really didn't seem that awful to me. Just suck it up, down it in 4 gulps, and go! I mixed 1 scoop with 5oz of water and felt great. That's another good thing about this; only 1 scoop needed. I like SuperPump and noVapor, but I had to increase scoops around the 3rd week, but not with this. The label even recommends to not consume 2 scoops in 24 hours. I respect that!

I gave it an 8 on effectiveness ONLY because I have a hard time giving ANY products a 9 or 10. Razor8 exCEEded my expectations and is a very good price for "better-than-average" number of servings. I'm cycling off for 6 weeks and then I'll probably get another container of this instead of Jacked or 1MR.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Only 1 Scoop Per Serving

deeja

Posted January 17, 2011
    did you notice anything from the creatine in this? I'm hesitant to buy it cause there's 5g of it in the preworkout and with the caffeine it seems like it'd dry up my mouth.

Posted January 17, 2011
    I never had a problem with cotton mouth, but I drank Xtend during my workout too. As for out of the gym, I drink about 2 gallons of water a day lol. I stay plenty hydrated all day. Never seemed to notice any dry mouth though. Asked my bro if he noticed any bloating or dry mouth and he said no. Also had no bloating. Shoulda posted that on my review. Asked my bro if he experienced anything and he said no. That's just us though bro.

Posted January 17, 2011
    Didn't mean to type a couple sentences. I dk how that happened. My bad.

ricosuave's Razor 8 Blast Review

This is my very first review. I rely on this website before i purchase any propducts, always taking into account reviewers personal goals and training programs. I have used (Jacked,1mr,super pump,no explode,Black power). Razor 8 Blast, blows them RIGHT OUT!!. The Berry Flavour is palatable.The energy/focus is great, pumps are good enough. Workouts are so intense i get goosebumps, im that excited.
    Firstly,
    If your workout times are under
    2/2.5 hours, half scoop is best. This product is best only ever! used if you workout early in the mornings, before the start of your day.
    Secondly,
    The energy with this stuff will propel you for hours after your workout. If you take it for an 1 hour workout in the evenings you will not rest easy at all.
    I train 2hours a day 5 days a week, mixing power lifts with kick boxing with compound high reps, thats before i start work.
    Finally,
    If your a seriously resposnible athlete, who appreciates quality. this product is mind blowing. Ingredients are clearly labelled on the tub. I bought 4 containers before i finished my first, becuase i know stupid young individuals will ruin it for the rest of us.
    Good luck everyone, hope this review helps

• Hard To Sleep On It

ebirk

ebirk's Razor 8 Blast Review

After using Jack3d on and off for a few months, I was looking for something new for pre. I picked up a tub of Razor 8 when I got my last thing of QuickMass and was blown away. It kicked my a**. Razor 8 is A LOT more potent than the Jack3d.

I also really appreciate a manufacturer listing out each and every ingredient and the exact amount of each one instead of hiding behind a propritary formula like so many do.

Good stuff ... I'd certainly recommend it.

cookken

Posted February 15, 2011
    Like the review. Man, I looked at the label and that stuff is full of stims. Were you able to handle an entire does? I think that stuff might turn me into a jittery mess.

mongo81

mongo81's Razor 8 Blast Review

I am not going to give a big scientific overview of this product, I will just tell you about my personal experience with it.
    I just got serious about fitness again after a couple years. Recently I went to my local supp shop and asked for some advice on PWO supps like this. The guy was currently using Razor8 and had nothing but great things to say about it. I bought it, then went home to see what others thought of it, and realized that I had paid about $20 more than I could have gotten it for online (oh well, he turned me on to a good product). I was anxious to try it so I slammed some down and hit the gym. They suggest assesing you tolerance by starting with a 1/2 scoop. DO IT!!!!! This will knock you down with stomach cramps and nausia if you take too much. Once you figure out you optimal personal dosage it is a phoenominal pre-workout supp!!! I had to use a little less of cardio days, but it felt like it doubled my productivity. On lifting days I was killing it way harder that I ever could without this. I even figured out that a half scoop made for a great alternative to an energy drink while I am working one of my 12 hour shifts at my job.
    I did start to develop a tolerance to this toward the end of the tub, but I just upped my dose a little and problem solved. I never did get up to using a full scoop of this so the tub lasted me a relatively long time, even with using it as an energy drink too.
    I am switching to Jack3d for my next tub only because I am developing a tolerance to this, but I will probably alernate between the two.
    I have also used N.O.explode, so I can say from experience that this is a MUCH cleaner energy than N.O.explode. N.O. just felt like a huge sugar rush to me and I greatly prefer the type of energy that I get from Razor8.

madge

Posted February 16, 2012
    Agree...this stuff is some hardcore poo. If you are not into the strong stims this is not for you.

Good, but not great

Before giving a breakdown of the supplement, I'll just give a little info on what I like to look for in a pre-workout.

The type of PWOs I look for are ones that have a good, strong pump (the bigger the pump, the better), and a moderate amount of stims. Some of my favourites are NO Xplode and Wired by PhD Nutrition. I haven't used Jack3d since it was the original ingredients, but I found that too stim heavy for my liking.

Now on to the review.

Taste: 5/10
    The flavour that I got was the Triple Berry. I wasn't a huge fan of this flavour, although I have had worse in the past. It wasn't an over powering taste, or even a bad taste, it just wasn't that good.

Mixability: 9/10
    The powder mixed up pretty good. I didn't really notice any left over powder build up at the bottom after shaking it up besides a few little specs. I'm not really one to ever complain about how PWO powders mix anyways...even if its all chalky at the bottom, I'll stir it up and drink it down.

It wasn't an overly expensive PWO. Kind of middle of the road as far as price goes. However, I am from canada so every supplement is over-priced. It does contain 80 servings though (80 for half scoop, 40 for a full scoop) which is pretty good.

Effectiveness: 5-6/10
    I gave it two ratings for this one because I found that on an empty stomach it seemed to be a little bit more effective, but not by much.
    It just didn't give me the kind of pump I look for in a good PWO drink. The energy was okay, nothing to write home about, but for someone looking for a PWO with lots of stims/energy, then I wouldn't recommend this one. I must add though, stims don't effect me a whole lot. I would be able to drink a large cup of coffee and go to bed within that hour of drinking it.

I would actually highly recommend that as an intro PWO for anyone who hasn't taken many in the past. Anyone who takes PWOs on a regular basis though, I would only recommend this if you are looking to try something different or if it is on sale. If you are like me though, and looking for a good pump, I wouldn't recommend this at all.

• No Pump