Kre-Alkalyn EFX Reviews

By: All American EFX

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #1 of 4 (better than 100%) in
Creatine > Kre-Alkalyn

Kre-Alkalyn EFX is a Kre-Alkalyn Product manufactured by All American EFX. It is a pH buffered version of creatine monohydrate. It is a more stable version of the traditional version. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.
INGREDIENTS (2)
THIS PRODUCT

1500mg
CATEGORY AVG

1275mg

Patented form of "buffered" creatine that supposedly offers greater bio-availability than creatine monohydrate

COMPARE SIMILAR

poppapat1503
  October 13, 2015

----Introduction----
Whats up SR crew another review here. I first got into SR when I first got into taking supplements. I train primarily for powerlifting and strength. I constantly beat the crap out of my body with my different routines that I use. Creatine should be a staple to everyone's supplement stack no matter what the goal is. I have always responded best to kre alkalyn products vs. regular creatine monohydrate. With kre alkalyn I don't experience the bloat and digestion issues that I do with mono. I saw this with such high reviews and I thought it would be a good idea to try it and I'm happy I did.

Ingredient Profile= A

This is a no thrills in this ingredient profile and there's no need. Each pill contains 750 mgs of Kre Alkalyn. Kre Alkalyn is a buffered form of creatine monohydrate that is free of unwanted creatinine conversion. This means that with EFX Kre Alkalyn there is no loading phase attached to this and not needed to cycle off of it. With 5 grams of regular creatine monohydrate only about 200-400 mgs are actually ingested. The rest of it is toxic that gets lost when going through the acidic stomach. Kre Alkalyn is supposedly able to give a full serving of pure creatine with zero toxic conversion. This is due to the PH balanced buffer added to it. Also the energy boost that stimulates muscle growth through increased protein synthesis, hydration of the muscles which increases volume, and increases glycogen synthesis. Also with the muscle repair factor by restoring the glycogen stores through hydration is always a plus.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing= B
The dosing on this can be hit or miss. My body seems to respond differently each time I take it. I take 3-4 on my off days and 6-8 on my lifting days. The pills are decent sized capsules but nothing to complain about. When I am going close to capacity or am already starting to feel like "I'm going to feel this tomorrow" I take 8. Usually I know this ahead of time and take 4 pre and 4 post. I usually stick with 3 pre and 3 post if I know its a regular workout.

Effectiveness=A

This is by far the best creatine/Kre Alkalyn supplement I have taken. When I take it I can tell as soon as I start lifting it's working. I rarely ever do volume or sets above 5 reps. I recently started doing volume and I am amazed at the extra reps I get while I am on this. I usually get insane pumps while I take Kre Alkalyn. This usually stems from the extra reps I am able to get out that I wouldn't be able to if I didn't. The thing about this is the pumps sometimes are too much that I can't finish my workout. The great thing about this product is the fact that I get a pump but its not too overpowering. I get far more endurance with this supplement compared to others. Also I feel a "full" feeling with this product with my muscles that I trained hours later. Also after a super hard workout the next day I don't feel half as sore as I would if I didn't take it.

Value= A+

I bought 240 capsules for around $22 on amazon. This is my second bottle after buying 186 capsules from GNC for $35. I probably will keep staying as far away from GNC for awhile. So say I stay at six pills a day which would last for 40 days it would be $0.55 a day. Which is an amazing deal I feel for almost every supplement. If dosed at what the bottle says for my weight of 200 lbs = 4 capsules would be $0.36 a day. I feel for the workouts I do this isn't the most effective dose for me so that's why I stick with 6-8 a day. Still an amazing value.

Side Effects= A+

Side effects? What side effects? No bloating, water retention, digestion problems, or the feeling of severe dehydration all of which I have had with other creatines. To be completely honest I have been off work for the past two months so I'll see when I get back to work here soon if I start sweating profusely like I do with other creatines. Although even not working I would still sweat profusely when I would take others so this is definitely a huge step above.

----Conclusion----
My conclusion on this product is I will keep taking this product and recommend it to all. This is a staple to my supplement stack that I feel has earned a customer for a long long time. POPS OUT
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • You Feel Stronger
  • Quickened Recovery
  • Very Affordable
  • Lean Mass
  • More Endurance
  • Helping Me Lose Water And Get More Cut
onder18
  September 21, 2015

----Introduction----

Hello SR. It's onder18 again with an another late night review. This time I decided to review All American EFX Kre Alkalyn creatine, one of the most well known creatine products out there. I've used this product alot so I feel as if I can give it a pretty thorough review. I actually learned about this product surfing the internet and reading reviews about it on here.

----Ingredient Profile----

The ingredient profile is pretty simple, kre alkalyn creatine at 750 mgs. a pill. Let me give you a rundown of what kre alkalyn is. I'm gonna explain this in my own words the best I can without getting too scientific and without copying and pasting a write up on it. Kre alkalyn is creatine monohydrate with an added buffer. The buffer is added to change the ph of the creatine to adjust to the acidic environment of your stomach and reduce breakdown to creatinine(the waste product of creatine). Because of this added buffer it's supposed to absorb faster and better and require a smaller dose. Whether or not all of this is true or not I don't know, but these are the claims in a nutshell. What I do know is that creatine monohydrate is the one with countless studies proving it works and this is creatine monohydrate, just with an added buffer.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

These are capsules so they have no taste. My dosing varied from 2-8 a day. I'll explain more about this in the effectiveness section.

----Effectiveness----

So I started taking this creatine a few months after I started lifting weights. I switched from a cheap Wal Mart brand creatine pill to this and honestly I could tell a difference right away. My strength started climbing faster and my endurance slightly increased. At the time I was unloading trucks by hand for a living so I decided to up the dosage since my work was very physically demanding and I felt like I needed the extra creatine. I upped my dosage from 2 pre and 1 post to 2 pre and 2 post with 2 before work. I noticed the difference at the gym and at work. I was peforming most of my sets in the 5-10 rep range and the weights started getting easier and going up. My power and endurance at work also seemed better, especially in the mornings. Soon after that I added more volume to my workouts and also started incorporating more reps.
I changed up the dosing again to accommodate my training schedule and work. This time I used 4 pre and 4 post and sometimes stacked it with All American EFX K Otic pre workout. This usually made for a really good workout. My strength slowly kept climbing. Not as fast as a few moths before but still better than if I wasn't using Kre alkalyn.
Eventually I got promoted to a supervisor position so I changed up my dosing again since this time I wasn't working nearly as physically hard at my job. I settled on 2 pre and 2 post with 4 pre on my heavier bench and sqaut days. This dosing protocol was my regular dosing for a while.
So as you can see I varied my dosing quite a bit to adjust to my work and training.
On a different note I wanted to do a little compare and contrast. I know alot of people love Creapure and think other creatines are a waste of money. Now I've used Creapure and enjoyed it. I would like to compare my results that I got with each in different categories since often online you see alot of creatine monohydrate vs. kre alkalyn threads. So here goes.

1. Strength- I have to give the edge to kre alkalyn. I gained better actual lower rep strength with kre alkalyn vs. Creapure,
I just seemed a little stronger and more powerful with kre alkalyn although I did feel a little difference with both.
2. Endurance- I got slightly better endurance in the weight room with Creapure. However cardio endurance and endurance at work seemed to be better with kre alkalyn.
3. Recovery- Recovery between sets and after workouts was better with Creapure.
4. Muscle fullness- Muscle fullness was better with Creapure. It was there with kre alkalyn but not as much as Creapure
5. Muscle building- Niether. I'm a hardgainer and a smaller guy. I depend on my diet and training to gain size. If I had to pick, I gained a slight bit more weight with Creapure but a little more strength with kre alkalyn.
6. Pump- Better pump using Creapure, better vascularity and muscle hardness in the gym and throughout the day using kre alkalyn.
7. Side effects- I didn't really get side effects with either. A little cotton mouth and increased thirst if you don't increase your water intake, but thats with any creatine.

Side notes- The only type of creatine mono that I've used is Creapure so I can't comment on non Creapure monohydrate.
Also the only kre alkalyn I've used is All American EFX kre alkalyn as I prefer them because they are the patent holders. So I can't comment on other kre alkalyn creatines.
Keep in mind, all of this represents my opinions and experiences using these products and yours may very well be different.

----Value----
$22.99 on Bodybuilding.com for 240 pills is a pretty good value in my opinion. Most places you go this is not that expensive at all. Granted this isn't as cheap as regular creatine monohydrate or Creapure, but compared to most other creatines and creatine blends out there the value is pretty good.

----Side Effects----

No bloating, upset stomach, etc. Minimal water retention. No side effects other than maybe a little cotton mouth if you don't drink enough water, just like any creatine.

----Conclusion----

So as you can tell I'm a fan of kre alkalyn. I believe it's perfect for strength training and for recomping which is what I'm always doing. If you get side effects from creatine monohydrate or are just looking for a change in pace I believe this creatine is worth a shot. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you found it helpful.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • You Feel Stronger
  • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
  • Easy To Take In Pill Form
  • More Endurance
  • Very Affordable
  • Kept Gains
  • Cotton Mouth If You Dont Drink Enough Water
workoutguru
  September 9, 2014

This was a product I had done a review on a long time ago but never liked how it was written and wanted to redo my review since my old review was not very good. I never knew you could report a review on here to the monitor and have it deleted and then be able to redo it if you wanted. I wanted to do a new review for it since I have gotten way better at doing reviews now and have a better format to use when writing a review. I look back now at a lot of my really old reviews and can really see how bad they were written and can see how much now I have improved on writing them now. There are a few other older reviews I would like to redo also but probably won't do that. This was one product I felt I needed to do a new review for.

Ingredients:
Kre-Alkalyn pH-Correct Creatine 1.5g

Pretty simple and basic.

Value:
I find this to be a really good value. This comes in a few different size containers but the best deal would be getting the 240 capsule bottle which you can get for around $25 which I think is a really good deal for creatine. This 240 capsule bottle will last you about 120 workouts which is about 4 months worth.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing:
There is really no taste since these come in pill form.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixing NA

Dosing:
These are really simple to dose. There are a couple different ways you can dose these pills. Take one pill in the morning and one after your workout or you can just take 2 of them after your workout. I always did 2 pills after my workout for more of the recovery part and so it could get into my system right away after my workout.

I have always had great results from this product. I have been on and off this product for awhile and every time it has worked really good for me. I love the convenience of having these in pill form rather than powder even though I think powder is a little more effect for me.

I like that these are PH Buffed which means there is no need to do a loading phase when you first start taking them. I have never seen the point or felt the need to a loading phase when it comes to creatine. They will absorb a lot quicker into your system and they won't cause you to retain all that water weight so you don't get that bloated feeling most people get from regular creatine Powder. Also they say that with these pills you do not need to cycle off them which I don't agree with. I think you should always cycle off creatine after awhile and then go back on it. I would say 8 weeks or so on and then cycle off for a month. That is how I like to do it.

I noticed right away after I had been off creatine for awhile that as soon as I started taking this again I started to notice a big difference in all my lifts. I could really feel my strength start to go way up. When I was not on these I could notice a bit of a drop in my strength so it was nice when I could get back on these pills again. Awhile back when I was doing my deadlifts I could really notice a drop in my strength and had a hard time trying to go real heavy again. When I started back on these I could notice my strength started to go way up again and could start doing a lot heavier weight and it felt a little easier to do which was really nice. I felt a little better on my recovery and endurance was better. I was able to put on a lot more lean muscle mass with out getting that bloated feeling which was nice.

Side Effects:
No real side effects I noticed from this.

Overall:
What can I say this is a great creatine product that is very much worth trying. One of the better forms of creatine out there I think. It's very affordable and will last you a long time. I feel this can be used by people doing a bulk or a cut and still be able to see good results. This has been and will always be one of my staple creatines I will always go back to when I am in the need of creatine.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • You Feel Stronger
  • Quickened Recovery
  • Very Affordable
  • Lean Mass
  • Easy To Take Instructions
  • More Endurance
    guccisawce
      October 8, 2013

What initially got me interested in this supplement is the fact that it is backed by Flex Wheeler, who happens to be one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time. Seeing that he put his name on this product, I decided that it was worth a shot. The big idea behind this product is the fact that it is a ph-corrected creatine and supposedly gets absorbed 28% better and does not cause bloating or any other side effects.

Profile/ Dosing: 1500 mg buffered Creatine Monohydrate per 2 capsules

Pretty simple, which I like. I hate when I buy a product for its creatine and I end up paying most of my money for the 50g of carbs they put into every serving. An added benefit of the profile is that the pills are pretty small, which helps because a lot of other companies pills are really large. The suggeseted serving size is 4 pills a day for someone over 175 lbs., which if you go by their claim of Kre-Alkalyn being absorbed 28% better than regular Creatine Monohydrate, equals 5 grams of creatine monohydrate. 5 grams is a pretty standard dosing for creatine monohydrate, so I believe the suggested usage is very reasonable.

Effectiveness: (9/10)

I feel the increased strength I usually get from creatine monohydrate, with out any of the bloating. However, I don't know if this is because of the ph of this creatine, or the lack of carbs in the formula. The pill form is also great taking it on the go, as I really hate having to put powders in bags and mix on the go.

Value: (8/10)

At $26 for a 30 day supply, which is decent. Sure you can buy bulk creatine monohydrate for around $0.05 per pound, but it usually tastes terrible, to the point where I've stopped taking it due to the terrible taste. Its also half the price of BPI's new buffered creatine product, so that's another good thing.

Overall: (9/10)

Kre-Alkalyn EFX does what the bottle claims and is reasonably priced. There is not a lot more you could ask for out of a supplement. I would recommend this supplement to anyone that wants a quick, convenient way to get some creatine in.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • You Feel Stronger
    • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
    • Easy To Take In Pill Form
    • Easy To Take Instructions
    • Lean Mass
    • Very Affordable
      tbinette22
        October 3, 2013

I have been trying different creatines recently and wanted to find one that would give me the effects of creatine without any of the true cons that are associated. Kre-Alkaline is that creatine. I began to take it 2 before and 2 after as the bottle said and I was taking 2 on my off days. This worked great for the first couple of weeks. Eventually I got headaches while taking it even though I was drinking about a gallon of water a day. I started dosing at 2 before each workout only, approx. 30 mins before. This worked great, I would still get the great effects of this product without the headaches. I have added approx. 3 pounds of muscle in my first cycle. My bench increased from 185lbs. to 215lbs in just 4 weeks. I was amazed at the stamina this product has given me. As always it isn't a miracle pill you must work hard to see the difference but it has made a difference without a doubt. The only other supplement I have taken with this product is Whey Protein by Gaspari.

Effectiveness 9/10: This is one of the best creatines I have taken hands down. I see and feel the results and it has already made a huge impact in the first month.

Taste: It is pill form so there is not taste or mixing issues.

Value 10/10: This creatine is very affordable and lasts long if dosed correctly. I got mine for $20.

Overall I would recommend this creatine to anyone who asked me. I will continue to take it as cycling is not required.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
      • Easy To Take In Pill Form
      • More Endurance
      • Lean Mass
      • Very Affordable
      • Kept Gains
      • Headaches
      marios
        June 7, 2013

Just a quick small review of this product...

Ok guys, i was taking creatine monohydrate for 8 weeks and started noticing that i was getting heart palpitations...these were frequent enough, like 3-4 per hour, i could feel them and then they would go away. they did not last for more than 1-2 beats.
      After talking to a sport nutritionist she said that its probably the creatine mono...

I have switched to EFX kre alkalyn since then, with no cycling off, and the results were amazing.

I am just half way on the bottle, but the heart palpitations went away after a week, water bloating is minimal to zero, and i can lift even more and gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks.

--THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL REVIEW-- im just letting you know that in case you feel heart palpitations with creatine mono, this form of creatine will prob be better for you cos it forms no creatinine.

Overall this is a great supplement and it works with me, its cheap enough, no taste since its pills, and taking 2 pills (total 3g) is way more effective than 5g of monohydrate.

again, THIS IS NOT a professional medical review, just a personal story.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • You Feel Stronger
      • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
      • Easy To Take In Pill Form
      • Helping Me Lose Water And Get More Cut
      • More Endurance
      • Very Affordable
      Chapa
        November 26, 2012

This review is a few months passed due. I took the 240 count bottle through out the summer and I was quite impressed with it!

Effectiveness(8)- This was a pretty good form of creatine. I felt after the first week its effects as far as being able to push out an extra rep or two, especially on bench, which is a weak point for me. I felt also like I have kept most of my strength gains and if anything only gotten stronger since( I haven't taken creatine of any form since August, not intentionally just money things have come up in the past few months, you know how it is ha!).

Side effects(6)- everything was great! No water retention, nothing really strange at all until the last couple weeks when I notice my stomach was becoming more upset, then eventually I was running to the restroom more often. Not sure why , but once I was done with this it stopped pretty quickly. If it was't for that it would have been a 10! Finally I noticed I would get cotton mouth a little bit and dry lips, but it wasnt too bothersome, just thought I'd point that out. Fixed that with more water intake.

Dosage(10)- No loading, 3 pills at night on non training days, and on training days it was 3 45mins pre then 3 pills post.

Overall(8)- This was a good product. Other than the one negative side effect I really did like it. I felt stronger while on it, saw numbers go up nicely, and it was pretty affordable through Allstarhealth.com (240 count for I believe 19.99 at the time).

Pros:
       Cons:
      • You Feel Stronger
      • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
      • Easy To Take In Pill Form
      • Lean Mass
      • Very Affordable
      • Kept Gains
      • Cotton Mouth If You Dont Drink Enough Water
      • Smell/taste Funky
      JPFia
        October 12, 2012

I bought 2 bottles of All American EFX Kre Alkalyn off A1 supplements and as of today I just finished my first bottle. I dosed 3 before my workout and 3 after(6 capsules a day divided by 240 capsules total=40 days) and the results so far are incredible. My strength is up, my endurance is through the roof, and most importantly(in my opinion) the recovery is outstanding. I am dosing 6 a day because I hover around 240 lbs and the directions clearly state how much to take daily based on your weight. I think the most impressive gain I have received from this product is on my seated military(245 max before and 270 after 40 days). I also run three times a week and this has helped me push myself a few extra miles per week. No bloat either and I know bloating believe me. I've taken half a dozen different kinds of creatine over the past 4 or 5 years and this is the only one that has compelled me to write a review on it. I am starting my 2nd bottle tomorrow and hopefully the good times keep rolling.
      One big suggestion I have is make sure you drink enough water because you can easily become dehydrated or not get the full effects of the product. You may sweat a little more but hard work= sweat so no big deal. And finally my body weight is up only about 3-4 lbs( I do alot of cardio to Maintain a constant body weight) but I did not take this product to gain, I took it for the endurance, strength, and recovery which were all exceptional. I hope this information is coherent and helpful for anyone looking to take Kre Alkalyn creatine. If not I apologize this is my first attempt at a review.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • You Feel Stronger
      • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
      • Easy To Take In Pill Form
      • More Endurance
      • Easy To Take Instructions
      • Very Affordable
      • Bit More Sweating
      line6reed
        August 12, 2012

The long debate about wich creatine is the best has been going on for years, well supp review buddies I'm here to tell you that kre alkayn is the purple god of creatine and if you try it you wont be disappointed!

Dosing: Its a very simple supplement to take the bottle states take 2 caps 1hour before your workout. I dosed mines 1 cap pre and 1 cap post with grape juice. On off days I would take two caps upon waking up.

Effectiveness: 8/10 Fellas I must say Kre alkaylyn far exceeded my expectations I notice after the second week on it I went from incline dumbell pressing 85 pounds 10x to doing 85 pounds 13x, might not sound like much but to me it was a big motivator. I would also like to note I hit a pr on dead lift 385 lbs 3x.

Value: 10/10 I got a bottle of 240 caps for 25 bucks wich if you do the math that's enough kre alkayln for 120 workouts wich is easily over 4 months worth of creatine. I dont think you can beat that deal.

Overall, I totally recommend this product to anyone who wants to increase their strength. What the bottle says it does is exactly what it does increase strength. Only other creatine that matches this in my book is green mag by controlled labs.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • You Feel Stronger
      • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
      • Easy To Take In Pill Form
      • Very Affordable
      • None At All :)
      adams123
        July 29, 2012

Purpose of Use: I used this product on a mild cut to maintain strength and enhance recovery. This is my first time using Kre-alkalyn

Previous experience with creatine: Cellmass, GNC creatine mono, and green magnitude.

Value 10/10: I paid 21.99 for two 180 count bottles. I consumed four pills a day, which lasted me 90 days total. It is really hard to beat this price.

Strength 7/10: Creatine usually does a fantastic job of maintaining strength gains while on a cut, however, this product did not seem to help me too much in this category. While I dropped bf % and weight my squat and bench 3 rep max went down 10%.

Recovery 9/10: During my cut I lifted three days on one off. Everyday I ran after lifting and then again four hours later. On off days I ran two a days utilizing HIIT training. My recovery was amazing! I had little to no soreness through my training, even with a massive increase in workload.

Overall 7/10: The recovery is absolutely phenomenal and for this reason alone I recommend it. My physique really improved throughout the use of this product. I was just disappointed in some of my strength losses, I was really hoping not to lose this much strength.

Results: I weighed 167 at the beginning of the cut and dropped to 162 which I will maintain until October. Also note that I dropped 4% body fat putting me at 7% bodyfat.

I would recommend this product due to recovery and value.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
      • Very Affordable
      • Quickened Recovery
      • None At All :)

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.