Pump Fixx

By Advanced Muscle Science
Pump Fixx Advanced Muscle Science
7.3/10
(Weighted average based on 7 Reviews)

Ranks #121 of 162 (better than 25%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

This in my opinion was the 2nd worst part about this PWO

Ok guys here is the first review on this product, I hope it stays up long enough for all to read.

Everyone knows I am or was a fan of this company for a long time.I'm slowly starting to dislike them. This will not effect my review on the PWO at all it will be honest and I will detail what i liked and disliked.

Mixability 5/10
This in my opinion was the 2nd worst part about this PWO. AMS thought it would be a great idea to make it carbonated like mountain dew or something, horrible idea!Every time that I would mix the contents i would lose half of it on myself and my kitchen floor, I felt like I was in 8th chemistry again.

Taste 4.5/10
This was the worst part for me. As of right now they only offer fruit punch and have not mastered it bt any means. the taste was very chemical like and if it touched your lips they would feel like they were burning.I haven't seen if they were going to come out with any other flavors in the near future.

Content 7/10
The ingredients that pump fixx contains are the same as many other PWO's on the market today minus 1,3 that people do sometimes complain about. I felt that they use prop blend to hide the fact that they don't use as much beta-alanine as they do caffine and taurine.

Value 6/10
Just because a product has a great price does not mean it has great value. I gave this a 6/10 for the reason it was much better then slamming back a redbull and a caffine pill. The price was very fair at 21.95 for a 20-25 work out tub.

Summery
I think that the AMS name is falling short compared to others that are out there now. I don't plan on using this product again but maybe would recommend it to someone just starting out in the PWO's since it wasn't as PowerFULL as a jack3d or a 1m.r.

Posted March 10, 2011
just curious bro, whats your issue with the comp?

Posted March 10, 2011
when you say comp what do ya mean sorry for being dumb.

Posted March 10, 2011
i compare all PWO to jack3d. this is was no where near as good in taste focus crash. every thing you want in a great pwo.

Posted March 10, 2011
bro company hahaha every time i get something from them besides the body motar it has been junk. no results.

Posted March 10, 2011
LOL yeah I meant company. I thought it was something personal, but hey if their stuff sucks it sucks! good review!

Posted March 11, 2011
ive tried everything from there ph to weight control and never got results. as soo as i started taking different supps DIDN'T CHANGE ROUTINE AND OR DIET AND SLAMMED ON MUSCLE AND MASS. It had to be their product.

Posted March 11, 2011
good review ,its good to see some not so popular products being reviewed+

Joshuaco

This product was at the most decent for energy

Here it is short and sweet if you are looking for a solid pre-workout with good energy and no crash, then keep looking past the cheap price of Pump Fixx.

I got this from the Advanced Muscle Science booth at the 2012 Arnold Classic for $10.00. I also got body mortar which was nothing special in my opinion either.

Let's get right into it

Price : 9 – Obviously $10 for 45 scoops is a good deal, but I would not purchase it again.

Taste: 7 – The flavor I had was orange. It tasted a bit like orange pop but much more mechanical. It was also carbonated so it gave me that bloated feeling in my stomach. If you shake it and let it set it will make your water bottle explode.

Dosage: 6 – It took me a good 2-3 scoops to feel any energy from this product. It is ultra concentrated so the scoop is small, but with 45 servings it goes quick with 3 scoops.

Effects: 4 - This product was at the most decent for energy. I would drink it on the way to the gym and be ready to go when I got there. Normally about ¾ of the way through my workout it would lose its effect and by the end I was ready to go home and nap. Once I got home all I wanted to do was lay in my bed and sleep, and this was every single workout. I avoided taking it on days where I had something to do because I would feel so drained. The crash really was what bad. I also did not notice any significant gains from this product.

As I said above Pump Fixx was very ineffective and I would not waste $10 on it again. I would much rather pay an additional $10-15 and get a more effective pre-workout.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy Sligtly But Crashed Later
  • Extreme Crash
  • Too Much Carbonation
  • Monster Gas

This is one of the few pres that I think I'll give another shot

I'm surprised that this pre isn't getting better reviews! I'll jump right into it.

Price: 6/10. I got mine for $40 at a local nutrition shop, and I know it's lower online. Even at 40, I'd buy again.

Taste: 2/10. I'd describe the flavor as carbonated cough syrup with a hint...

Taste: 2/10. I'd describe the flavor as carbonated cough syrup with a hint of rancid marachino(?) cherries. Yech. Power through it.

Energy: 7/10. A definite pick-up. If I got home from work and thought that I was just too tired to work out, I'd take a double dose of this and I still wouldn't have any cracked-out feeling - I was just ready to lift. It felt good.

Focus: 10/10. My favorite part of this pre was the focus it gave me. A friend I was lifting with actually told me that I was kind of creeping him out because I was just too into it. The only time I can get a better workout is when I'm ***ed off at something, and even then this is a close contender.

Value: 8/10, although I'd give it a 9 if I'd gotten it for the price that Josh said, I'd give it a 9.

This is one of the few pres that I think I'll give another shot. I'm just looking for something that would taste better but still have the same effect, sans the gas. I did sweat a lot more on this than otherwise, as well.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Jedi Focus
  • Tingles
  • Good Pump

FlashSunday

Posted October 3, 2012
I'll admit, I've never tried this, but good review. Hope you pump out some more for multiple products so people know you are legit!

Posted October 3, 2012
Thanks, Flash. I'll post as I go through them, but I only joined recently, and the other stuff I'm on has enough reviews already - gold standard whey, casein, etc. I'll keep 'em coming as I go through 'em.

Quick energy

This is probably my 6th different pre-work out to take and i would say it runs somewhere in the middle of the pack.
Quick energy.
Couple hours of focus
Gas at the beginning of tub but wore off after a week or so
Increased sweating
Never experienced a crash or any...
Quick energy.
Couple hours of focus
Gas at the beginning of tub but wore off after a week or so
Increased sweating
Never experienced a crash or any emotional problems.

Taste 7/10

I ordered the orange flavor and it wasnt too bad. Mixed pretty well. No lingering after taste.

Energy 6/10

Energy came on pretty strong in the first half of the tub then wore off. Started taking 2 scoops then went to 3 towards the end of the tub.

Value 7/10

I paid about 20 bucks for a tub on sale. Did about what you would expect from a $20 tub of pwo. Probably wouldnt pay any more than that if you want to try it.

Overall 7/10
This isnt a upper level pwo. Wouldn't make this my first pwo to take and I wouldn't take this if I have been taking pwo's for a long time. If you are on your third or fourth pwo and you catch this on sale I'd give it a shot

Pros:
Cons:
  • Average Pump
  • Too Much Carbonation

This pre workout supplement, will definately give you a desired pump

Ok well first off, i would like to say that this product is offered by mind and muscle as well as LG Sciences. Those companies are awful. This pre workout supplement, will definately give you a desired pump ad also boost your energy levels, but i can honsetly say that afrter using 3/4 the tub i have experienced a horrible crash every time. therefore i have discontinued the product. after workouts i felt like just sitting alone, doing nothing and saying nothin. this prodct will NOT give you veins all throughout your arms, that is completely untrue. this product was highly overrated by its makers and is absolutely awful. Unless of course your looking for a huge boost and then a huge crahs 45 minutes later. not to mention tingeling and spaceiness all around my body. the taste is not very good either and gave me a little bit of gas during my workout. im giving it a value of 0 because who wants to spend money on smething that makes them feel like crap.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy Sligtly But Crashed Later
  • Monster Gas

for anyone who says this is junk, I disagree

for anyone who says this is junk, I disagree. I put this right up there with jack3d and assault. after 3 scoops, crazy pumps and I can't sit still. not to mention the tingles are pretty intense and that's something I look for in a pre. doesn't taste too good, I mix it with lemonade and also it's pretty fizzy and won't last long at 3 scoops but is a good product for $10 due to discontinuation. 2 thumbs up. don't notice too much of a crash, I work two jobs and lift at 4am so I'm beat half way thru the day anyways haha

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Tingles

Little to non-existent effect

I will be honest I got this on sale at supplementwarehouse. I should've known better honestly. After looking through the key ingredients i noticed it is basically caffeine. Which is a real bummer.
Taste: God awful, like LA CROIX with nyquil, if you can even stomach it. Juice is a must for this one
Effect: Little to none, i mix it with other pre-workouts now just for the caffeine.
Value: I got it for $10 so i mean its worth it like that but full price is a NO-GO!

I hate to post such a bad review, i really hope this company can turn around and make a better product.

Pros:
Cons:
    • Too Much Carbonation