Mass Drops Reviews

By: Advanced Muscle Science

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 3

Ranks #21 of 31 (better than 33%) in
Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Mass Drops is a Prohormone manufactured by Advanced Muscle Science. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

WarMachine
  April 17, 2015

----Introduction----
Now for part one of my review with the two products I had logged a little while back; Mass drops and 4-AD. I will begin with my review of Mass drops. I would like to note that for this review, I am focusing on what Mass drops is and the nature of its action as well as the miscellaneous factors. I am not going to go overly in depth with my experience because I posted a thread for that purpose sometime ago. Here is the link:

With that clarified, Mass Drops is Advanced Muscle Science's dual compound liquid prohormone promoted to increase lean mass, increase strength, and promote hardening. It is recommended to run Mass drops for at least 8-weeks to see full potential benefits. It is non-liver toxic and generally low in side effects so cycle support is not overly critical but I do recommend having a light OTC support supp to be on the safe side. Also, it is worth noting that the formula of Mass drops I ran was the original before it was reformulated as a result of the PH ban. The new formulation contains something called 6-keto progesterone which I have not researched and no nothing about.

----Ingredient Profile----

The following is Mass drops specific profile:

Serving size: 1ml

Hydroxypropyl Beta Cyclodextrine 100 ml

Proprietary Mass Formula: 20mg

1-androsterone-3b-ol, 17-one
Nor-Androsterone-3b-ol, 17-one

Compound 1: 1-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one:

This compound converts into the anabolic steroid 1-testosterone. 1-testosterone exhibits both a high androgenic and anabolic potential by binding selectively to the androgen receptors localized at the skeletal muscular tissue structures. This results in increased lipolysis and protein synthesis. 1-test is believed to cause lethargy believed to be related to its anti-estrogen properties. Similar to Epi-1-test, AMS claims the 1-AD in this product to be bioatively modified.

Compound 2: Nor-Androsterone-3b-ol, 17 one

A precursor prohomrone to the steroid nandrolone, sometimes also referred to as norDHEA. It is a non-methylated pro-steroid. naturally occurring in trace amounts in humans. It can convert to the anabolic steroid nandrolone by converting to norandrostenediol/norandrostenedione and then to nandrolone. Nandrolone is known to have stronger anabolic effects than testosterone, yet weaker androgenic effects. It should be noted that this compound is no longer legal as it was targeted in the PH ban.

Hydroxypropyl Beta Cyclodextrine is supposedly a solubility enhancer which in turn helps increase the bio availability of certain compounds.

At 20 mg of the blend, I believe it is safe to say that there is definitely some potential under dosing here, but since they are supposedly more bioactive forms, I would presume the dosage would be appropriate depending on how well the compounds can absorb. Still, 20 mg simply does not sound adequate.
----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

The directions call for two doses a day spread by 8 hours. I myself took each dosage spread from morning and evening. I would take my first dosage in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast and then 8 hours later sometime in the evening I would take the second dosage 30 minutes before another meal. Taste wise, the product has a chemical like, bittersweet taste which I wasn't too fond of from the start. However, efficacy is always the more important factor for me.

----Effectiveness----

As a reminder, I am going to summarize my results here. If you want a full clarification please follow the link I posted in the intro to the thread detailing my experience.

Strength (7): I began setting some notable PRs starting around week 4 and beyond. I was able to perform higher volume sets on both heavy compound and isolation movements such as a 425 lbs deadlift set of 12 reps. Furthermore, I lifted some new one-rep max lifts such as a 545 lbs trap-bar deadlift. I also, had some increased punching force during my boxing sessions. In all, while nothing incredible, my strength did in fact increase.

Vascularity: (9): This was definitely one of the more immediate benefits. I had veins showing up literally from head to toe and muscles felt fuller and harder. It was especially pleasing to watch the veins on my arms bulging during isolation movements.

Drive and focus (9): My gym aggression was much improved. I was banging through weights like nobody's business and felt a more "destroyer" like mindset. Focus was spot-on. I was always dead set on every movement and rep I was doing and could more easily establish the mind-muscle connection during a majority of my lifts.

Endurance/Stamina: (6): Stamina seemed slightly higher, but again nothing spectacular. I was able to run and sprint longer intervals with high incline settings and I was more aggressive during my boxing sessions.

----Value----

Mass drops is NOT cheap to say the least. One bottle can set you back anywhere between 74-100 dollars. I was fortunate to capitalize on a Black Friday deal AMS sponsored on their website last year where I bought two bottles of mass drops, 4-AD, and arom x for a total of 162 dollars. That was a sweet deal considering the individual costs of each product. Without a sale though, the product is simply overpriced. Even though it can be beneficial to strength and mass gains, I would say to solely purchase this on sales. In closing, not the worst value of any product, but definitely not the best.

----Side Effects----

My side effects from mass drops were very minimal. Keep in mind, that proper cycle support should be incorporated to ensure minimal side effects and optimal health support. The only side effects I experienced were a slight increase in occasional acne and mild short tempers at brief times. Other than that, no major side effects.

----Conclusion----

In conclusion, mass drops by AMS did in fact delivery in increased strength and mass gains. I was able to put up more weight for both max loads and higher volume quotas. I also enjoyed the increased vascularity and muscle fullness which helped encourage me to lift harder with each session. Of course, as I stressed in my separate thread, this stuff is nothing in comparison to a true PH like halodrol or m-sten, so do not expect gains of such magnitude. In addition, I recommend those who wish to give this a go to buy this solely on a sale or deal because I believe it is too expensive to purchase at regular price. Also, I would only recommend stacking this with 4-ad as it made an excellent compliment to mass drops. As one last reminder, this review was on the original Mass drops, not the current reformulation.
  • Focus
  • Drive
  • Some Leaning Out
  • Needs To Be Stacked IMO
  • Original Formulation No Longer Available
gwarrior1
  January 9, 2013

Alright so I'm not a seasoned review writer so I'm going to put this in layman's terms.
I have been seeing Mass Drops on a particular site where I purchase my supps from for a while now so after having 2 right shoulder surgeries in the past year I was eager to get back into the gym and true form. I grabbed my first bottle about 3 months ago and REALLY liked what I saw.
Naturally after 2 surgeries and no workouts for about 9 months, I was pretty weak. For example: my bench had gone from a 325lb max to having a lot of trouble working with 135lb.
So I hit the gym like normal; 1 body part a day, 1x per day. i.e. Mon.-Chest, Tues.-Back, Weds.-Shoulders...etc
Diet consisted of High Protein, High Fiber, Low Carb.
Within the 1st month I saw huge gains! Bench went back up to about 275lb (comfortable), Shoulder press up from 40lb dumbbells to 75lb, Deadlift from 225lb to 315lb. A lot of this is probably due to muscle memory but the focus, aggressiveness, strength/energy that I was experiencing prompted me to grab another bottle of this product. My gains continued!
During the 2nd cycle I saw my body really beginning to take form again. ALL of my lifts continued to climb. I began to hit the gym 2x per day. Farmers carries skyrocketed from 100lb dumbbells for 40 yrds to putting 405lbs on a shrug apparatus and carrying for 40 yrds. Bench continued to climb to 315lb; Incline dumbbells to 100lbs; Shoulder Press to 85lbs.
I then took 2-3 weeks off the supp. but grabbed another bottle. Here's where I stand now:
Bench- 370lbs (1 rep max)
Deadlift- 485lbs (1 rep max)
Shoulder Press DB- 105lbs (6 reps)
Barbell Curl- 155lbs (6-8 reps)
One arm rows- 115lbs (4 sets;10 reps)
Bent-over rows- 265lbs (8 reps)
Leg Press- 550lbs
Farmers-605lbs for 20 yrds
The side effects on this product were minimal. I did experience some slight mood swings and irritability but nothing more than if I had ingested too much caffeine. My biggest issue was the back pumps which I got. Horrible at times, to where I felt as though I had a pinched nerve. But when I would go off of the supp. the pain would subside.
The taste was comparable to taking a dropper full of nail polish remover. But considering the nature of the supp. and the desired effects which I was going for, that was a small price to pay.
I have to note that I stacked this supplement w/Forerunner 5-Alpha Test and also took a Pre-workout(C-4) and Post(Body Motar)
rvbigman22
  July 29, 2014

To start off I am an ameuter bodybuilder and athlete and have gotten into ph's to enhance not only my physique but athletic abilities also, so give me some mercy if mess some things up.
To give a background on the product Mass drops it is combination of the two AMS supplements Decavol and 1-andro. These two products mimmick the hormones nolandrolone and 1- test in the body. I combine this with Epi-1 Test, which is a mixture of both 1-andro and a DHT mix from what AMS states on the website. I bought the deal on massnutrition.com, which is both Mass drops and Epi-1 test both by AMS. I was never a fan of building up pure mass and like to keep a lean physique while putting on size. I started the cycle running the recommended dosage of mass drops and epi twice a day.

On day one of the cycle I weighed in at 187lb, my Max's are as follows;

Bench-265
Squat-375
Clean and Press-205
Deadlift- 415

Although my results weren't as explosive as a super drol cycle, I was satisfied because my speed and endurance increased which will benefit my athleticism.

Taste
The taste of the mass drops literally tasted like a chemical, I've read reviews on mass drops saying it tasted like nail polish removed and they weren't lying. The epi had the same taste and with the both of them combined you sometimes got a burning sensation in your throat that went away in around 15 mins. the first week or so the taste was noticeable but you get use to it after a while.

Sides
I experience no side effects from either, except maybe an occasional back here or there but I simply cured that with taurine.

Other supplements
The support supplements i used along with are as follows:
Real Gainz- Universal
Fish oil-Universal
Liver armor- CTD Labs
Taurine
Multi Vitamin
Cyto Max

Exercise
As for exercise is used Arnold's blueprint workout for mass and absolutely loved it. I'm still following the program and can't get enough of it.

Overall
I wasn't totally satisfied with the results I got with the stack of epi and mass drops, but I blame the lack of results on my diet and intensity. I didn't eat enough calories to gain sustainable amounts of muscle. I also wasn't as intense in the weight room as i should have been. So as a result of not gaining enough size to my desire, I got my hands on some Andro-Bomb by AMS and am waiting for its categpry to be put on the site to write my next review. Thanks